Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana's Campus 1983 - 84

Default Re: Louisiana's Campus 1983 - 84

The write up about the name change from the 1984 yearbook. Sad to think that there were still hopes, as is stated at the end of the article.

Attached Images Attached Images      

HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    The write up about the name change from the 1984 yearbook. Sad to think that there were still hopes, as is stated at the end of the article.
    We screwed the pooch on the name. Should have used Louisiana University and not fought for the University of Louisiana System. We would have been Louisiana for over 30 years now. Thank you Dr. A.

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana's Campus 1983 - 84

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Right....we were on what was referred to back then as Stingray bikes. If I remember right, they all had about 20" wheels and a back brake with the banana seat! Good for wheelies and going off ramps, in and out of ditches! Quick starts, but no top end speed. Lots of pedaling! I never tried that again!
    i think most of us had one at that age during that time. sweet looking lil' ride. mine rolled from one end of the parish (starting near ridge rd.) to the other (through scott and on to the moss st. area for some northside chicks). that was my regular route on a saturday.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    i think most of us had one at that age during that time. sweet looking lil' ride. mine rolled from one end of the parish (starting near ridge rd.) to the other (through scott and on to the moss st. area for some northside chicks). that was my regular route on a saturday.
    The Schwinn Stingray. We all had one. Then came the English Racers. And everyone had to get a "10 speed". Can you imagine the miles kids put on bicycles back in those days?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2