Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Campus 1960 - 61

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Campus 1960 - 61

I have ask this question many time and never got an answer that I thought was correct. What I would like to know is, "how many movie theaters were there on Jefferson street"? As a young boy I same to remember five. The Jefferson and Azalea I think everyone knows. I think I know two more, the Loit and the Royal. Was there a Lowe? Jefferson was the hub of the entertainment in Lafayette. Every week on Saturday was all day at the Azalea for either Roy Rogers or Jean Autry. Of course Lash LeRou comes to mind......Just trying to live in the past. It is sure better than the present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I have ask this question many time and never got an answer that I thought was correct. What I would like to know is, "how many movie theaters were there on Jefferson street"? As a young boy I same to remember five. The Jefferson and Azalea I think everyone knows. I think I know two more, the Loit and the Royal. Was there a Lowe? Jefferson was the hub of the entertainment in Lafayette. Every week on Saturday was all day at the Azalea for either Roy Rogers or Jean Autry. Of course Lash LeRou comes to mind......Just trying to live in the past. It is sure better than the present and future.
    Well, I don't know if you are on FB, but there is a great group on it called 'Lafayette Memories,' and according to that there were at least four....don't know about the Lowe's though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105642046143906/

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Well, I don't know if you are on FB, but there is a great group on it called 'Lafayette Memories,' and according to that there were at least four....don't know about the Lowe's though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105642046143906/
    ---I THINK JEFFERSON STREETwas a one way!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2