Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: James Smith NOLA

  1. #1
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,688

    Default James Smith NOLA

    Just finished his chat and was able to get in some UL stuff---he is very high on McGuire---They had no idea of the Scout Board rankings of us compared to Tech and Tulane---WE need something on Rivals---we are not even listed although 120 other school are---not good!!! Please some of you guys go for the 11AM chat on tuesday---maybe I do have a little too much time on my hands for a while!!! lol


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,644

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Either I am getting dumber or Boomerese is getting harder to follow? Someone decipher?


  3. #3
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Either I am getting dumber or Boomerese is getting harder to follow? Someone decipher?
    I believe he is refering to the Times Picayune reporter Jimmy Smith's chat on NOLA.com. Apparently Mr. Smith and the other participants were not aware of how highly UL's recruits were ranked by Scout.com. He also laments the fact that we do not have a presence on the Rivals.com recruiting network. As always Boomer. like the imprisoned salesman in Cool Hand Luke watching the prison yard beatdown, wishes someone else would do something about getting us a presence on Rivals. He also would like other Cajun fans to show up for the TP chats so he can have some backup.

    That Deluxe edition of Rosetta Stone Boomerese has really paid off.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Either I am getting dumber or Boomerese is getting harder to follow? Someone decipher?
    I'll bite.... He was listening to a radio broadcast/ following an online chat hosted by James Smith of NOLA.com(?) or from the NO, LA area. Smith talked about how he was high on Elijah McGuire (2013 signee out of Vandebilt Catholic) and that he had no idea that we had such high recruit ranks/ ranking in comparison to Monroe and Tech due to us not having a rivals.com site. Boom thinks we should have one as there are 120+ schools with rivals sites which is apparently not good for us as there is no exposure on rivals. Boom also wants us to join him for the James Smith chats at the specified time so there will be greater Cajun representation there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    sorry Hammer I didn't see your response until after I posted already


  6. #6
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan89 View Post
    sorry Hammer I didn't see your response until after I posted already
    No problem. Your Boomerese is flawless. Please tell me you are not self taught. I will feel foolish knowing I paid so much for Rosetta Stone and you did it on your own !!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,797

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Good Grief!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Either I am getting dumber or Boomerese is getting harder to follow? Someone decipher?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    No problem. Your Boomerese is flawless. Please tell me you are not self taught. I will feel foolish knowing I paid so much for Rosetta Stone and you did it on your own !!!!
    No Rosetta Stone..... Just a long while of immersive study and observation of the Boomer in his natural environment on the RaginPagin with a lot study of those that have translated before me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just finished his chat and was able to get in some UL stuff---he is very high on McGuire---They had no idea of the Scout Board rankings of us compared to Tech and Tulane---WE need something on Rivals---we are not even listed although 120 other school are---not good!!! Pleas some of you guys go for the 11AM chat on tuesday---maybe I do have a little too much time on my hands for a while!!! lol
    Smith is a big LSU boy and so there is no reason for him to be concerned about UL Signees. All of his player rankings come directly from Rivals, he does cover local athletes that sign or commit to UL. He is all about LSU and Tulane.

  10. #10
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,901

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Translated Smith has no talent for evaluating talent.


  11. #11
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,688

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Smith is a big LSU boy and so there is no reason for him to be concerned about UL Signees. All of his player rankings come directly from Rivals, he does cover local athletes that sign or commit to UL. He is all about LSU and Tulane.

    ---TRUE, with I think almost a little anti Cajuns being thrown into his efforts!!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

    ---TRUE, with I think almost a little anti Cajuns being thrown into his efforts!!

    Probably because he resents any Cajun fan joining his chats and asking questions. He wants to talk about LSU and Tulane recruits and prospects.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,017

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Probably because he resents any Cajun fan joining his chats and asking questions. He wants to talk about LSU and Tulane recruits and prospects.
    I know when I went there and ask questions it took a while for him to answer and a lot of it was dunno type answers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    He also seems to propagate the rumor that Hud will be gone after this year.


  15. #15
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,688

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Oh yea

    forgot that he mentioned that on his reply to my thinking UL would have a great recruiting year!!!


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    He also seems to propagate the rumor that Hud will be gone after this year.
    That rumor comes from the coaches he talks to at Tulane and other schools. Its part of the campaign certain programs have used to damage UL recruiting.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,907

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That rumor comes from the coaches he talks to at Tulane and other schools. Its part of the campaign certain programs have used to damage UL recruiting.
    I always thought that rhetoric was so amusing. “Don’t go play for that coach, he’s too good and won’t be there next year. Come play for me, I’ve been here 5 years and I’m going nowhere because I suck!”

  18. #18
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I always thought that rhetoric was so amusing. “Don’t go play for that coach, he’s too good and won’t be there next year. Come play for me, I’ve been here 5 years and I’m going nowhere because I suck!”
    Now that would be funny if that question / scenario was posed to Smith in his next chat. "So you mean Curtis Johnson is a lock to be at Tulane for years because no one else wants his sorry ___?"

  19. #19
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,688

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    I trust that your post will return to your home town next Tuesday at 11:00 AM

    You would love it man!!!


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Iberia, LA
    Posts
    470
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: James Smith NOLA

    Smith had better get used to Cajun Football and Fans which had done as much for his beloved City of New Orleans in the last two years as LSU and Tulane. (Well….almost as much.) The New Orleans Bowel people will try to get UL there every year.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •