Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Campus 1935 - 36

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,542
    Blog Entries
    2

    Louisiana Campus Campus 1935 - 36

    Looking for info related to The University of Louisiana's historical campus buildings and surroundings. Please contribute


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    The North Gate, 1935. (From the looks of things, it must've been newly completed.)

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    1935 football schedule

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,542
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    1935 football schedule
    Wait! What?

    Lafayette?

    This problem is older than I thought.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,006

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    Where was Southwestern Stadium?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,542
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Where was Southwestern Stadium?
    The Student Union is located where it was, except even closer to The Swamp.

    The Cypress Trees scratched the backs of the students in the stands that is why the fans in the stands were called "The Grove"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The Student Union is located where it was, except even closer to The Swamp.

    The Cypress Trees scratched the backs of the students in the stands that is why the fans in the stands were called "The Grove"
    True, but wasn't the very first one in the quad? before it was the quad?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,542
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    True, but wasn't the very first one in the quad? before it was the quad?
    So Southwestern Stadium touched the eastern side of The Swamp.

    The very first "field" 1901, 1902 touched the western side of The Swamp. Hebrard Blvd and where the buildings are being torn down and clears right now.

    In 1903 it was moved behind old Martin Hall and had various configurations.

    In 1914ish the students built a stadium where Stephens Hall is. Thats why I think the bell should be moved to TheReal Swamp.

    Then in 1926 SWF.

    Then ...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: Campus 1935 - 36

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So Southwestern Stadium touched the eastern side of The Swamp.

    The very first "field" 1901, 1902 touched the western side of The Swamp. Hebrard Blvd and where the buildings are being torn down and clears right now.

    In 1903 it was moved behind old Martin Hall and had various configurations.

    In 1914ish the students built a stadium where Stephens Hall is. Thats why I think the bell should be moved to TheReal Swamp.

    Then in 1926 SWF.

    Then ...
    Thanks for the details....I was always curious about that.

    And I like the idea of moving the bell. If I had a wicked sense of humor I'd suggest we start a petition to do that. But I don't....so I won't. lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •