Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2007: LA colleges about to hit paydirt.

Default Re: LA colleges about to hit paydirt. NOT !!! YET

LSU's paranoia has been well documented in the press. When Blanco wanted to move UNO to the UL system, the State Legislature went crazy thinking Blanco was trying to weaken the LSU system. This is well founded and has alot of basis. They fear losing power over the state. Everyone knows that, Jay was just being PC. Not angering anyone. He has alot of listeners who wear purple, better not to upset them and ruin his show, I see were he is coming from. But I guarantee this was LSU's doing, if it benefits anyone but LSU, sorry, no one but LSU gets any benefit from the State, because the State is run by the LSU good ole boy network. As long as this continues we will be a backwards state. I feel like being a Cajun Fan is like being the Prolitereat fighting against the Bourgeiouse. LSU being the Fat, bloated, overhyped aristocrats that only want to keep power, while all the other State schools struggling just to compete, while the bloated power only does marginaly well, but is placated by remaining the only power in Louisiana. I digress, we will continue to succeed despite everything LSU is trying to do to keep us down. Geaux Cajuns, down with LSUA&MBR.

This is so COOL Re: LA colleges about to hit paydirt. NOT !!! YET

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk
    _ LSU's paranoia has been well documented in the press. When Blanco wanted to move UNO to the UL system, the State Legislature went crazy thinking Blanco was trying to weaken the LSU system. This is well founded and has alot of basis. They fear losing power over the state. Everyone knows that, Jay was just being PC. Not angering anyone. He has alot of listeners who wear purple, better not to upset them and ruin his show, I see were he is coming from. But I guarantee this was LSU's doing, if it benefits anyone but LSU, sorry, no one but LSU gets any benefit from the State, because the State is run by the LSU good ole boy network. As long as this continues we will be a backwards state. I feel like being a Cajun Fan is like being the Prolitereat fighting against the Bourgeiouse. LSU being the Fat, bloated, overhyped aristocrats that only want to keep power, while all the other State schools struggling just to compete, while the bloated power only does marginaly well, but is placated by remaining the only power in Louisiana. I digress, we will continue to succeed despite everything LSU is trying to do to keep us down. Geaux Cajuns, down with LSUA&MBR. _
    I see it more like the Founding Fathers. You know throw the tea into the harbor. We are citizens too, but are treated like non citizens, all goes to the Crown and then parceled out as the Crown sees fit. Sorry but I never saw any part of communism being in sync with my world view.

not talking about communism, communism was the result of the disparity between classes in Russia, just using an analogy, please dont see me as a red sympathizer. I agree with your assertion as well, it does seems very much like all state colleges in La. are just trying to compete much less strive for excellence. I think they fear what we can do and what other state colleges can do for that matter. We succeed to a degree on one of the smallest budgets in the country, that scares them. If we had a budget increase, chances are it would only make us better. Thats not something LSU wants. Im not being close minded, but it seems everytime something is talked about in the state legislature, it somehow has LSU ties. Why does Baton Rouge rule the state, the whole population does not live in Baton Rouge. I for one do not want to be dictated by a redneck city. I think for far too long Baton Rouge has held an iron fist over the state and done as it has deemed fit and to hell with what the people want. Enough good ole boys, lets get some intelligence in office for governor. Time for LA. to come out of the dark ages and join the modern world.

_ not talking about communism, communism was the result of the disparity between classes in Russia, just using an analogy, please dont see me as a red sympathizer. I agree with your assertion as well, it does seems very much like all state colleges in La. are just trying to compete much less strive for excellence. I think they fear what we can do and what other state colleges can do for that matter. We succeed to a degree on one of the smallest budgets in the country, that scares them. If we had a budget increase, chances are it would only make us better. Thats not something LSU wants. Im not being close minded, but it seems everytime something is talked about in the state legislature, it somehow has LSU ties. Why does Baton Rouge rule the state, the whole population does not live in Baton Rouge. I for one do not want to be dictated by a redneck city. I think for far too long Baton Rouge has held an iron fist over the state and done as it has deemed fit and to hell with what the people want. Enough good ole boys, lets get some intelligence in office for governor. Time for LA. to come out of the dark ages and join the modern world. _
    We should have included some pork for LSU like a second super computer, and the resolution would have sailed though. And after all they can't use the first super computer so giving them a second would only inflate their egos without doing any harm except loss of money.

_ not talking about communism, communism was the result of the disparity between classes in Russia, just using an analogy, please dont see me as a red sympathizer. I agree with your assertion as well, it does seems very much like all state colleges in La. are just trying to compete much less strive for excellence. I think they fear what we can do and what other state colleges can do for that matter. We succeed to a degree on one of the smallest budgets in the country, that scares them. If we had a budget increase, chances are it would only make us better. Thats not something LSU wants. Im not being close minded, but it seems everytime something is talked about in the state legislature, it somehow has LSU ties. Why does Baton Rouge rule the state, the whole population does not live in Baton Rouge. I for one do not want to be dictated by a redneck city. I think for far too long Baton Rouge has held an iron fist over the state and done as it has deemed fit and to hell with what the people want. Enough good ole boys, lets get some intelligence in office for governor. Time for LA. to come out of the dark ages and join the modern world. _
    I don't know why people think that Baton Rouge is the focal point of Louisiana. I see the news in B.R. and it's news for Louisiana. I listen to the B.R. radio and it's music for Louisiana. Only 5% of Louisiana's population lives in Baton Rouge. There are many other cities in Louisiana, and I must say, a lot better ones. The state of Texas doesn't revolve around Austin, and look how they are doing.

The central power structure for Louisiana has been in Baton Rouge for a while now. They make all the decisions, we suffer, they prosper. Its the way of the world I guess.

_ The central power structure for Louisiana has been in Baton Rouge for a while now. They make all the decisions, we suffer, they prosper. Its the way of the world I guess. _
    Well we would need a new constitution. One that vests power in the local and parish offices. That power has to include the ability to tax and govern.

The constitution is set up to make the governor king, and the legislature pawns because all serious dollars come from the state. In such a system you have to placate small weak parishes with far more money than they deserve in order to get their votes on anything. If you need something as a local governing body your ability to tax is very limited and as such you need to receive money from the state. This is an ___ backwards way to do business. It goes back to the Long era, and probably to the French and Spanish way of governing through the crown before him.

amen

Default Re: LA colleges about to hit paydirt

Quote Originally Posted by cayenethepepper
    _ Very intersting that this "proposal" was supposed to fly under the radar!! What about the taxpayer that foots the bill for this mess? Doesn't he have a RIGHT to know about such "under the radar proposals"? Kind of reminds me of some "back door/under the table" dealings once upon a time!!!! The taxpayer is footing the bill for this and SHOULD know about it!!!!

Somehow, I believe that even if this so called proposal would have passed "under the radar", certain folks would still go out of their way to say that it was the fault of LSU that the cajuns didn't get that extra penny. The obsession with LSU is beyond explanation. At least Jay can see beyond the rose colored glasses and call a spade a spade. It is very possible that sometimes things aren't always done on the "honest side" in lafayette! But even then, it will still be the fault of LSU. With all of the ranting about this latest "failed attempt", it is obvious that jealousy, envy, and hatred run wild in lafayette with no sense of direction or PROOF!! _
    Thanks for showing where your true loyalties are. Only a tiger fan speaks of "jealosy, envy and hatred" of all things Baton Rouge.

Personally, I'm not jealous of State's successes. They've certainly paid enough for them.

I don't really even hate State, just the myopic supporters that don't, won't or can't see beyond what they perceive is in State's own best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU
    _ I also would like to know the real reason for the committee's action or non action. BOP, how can you be so sure the LSU "people" were not involved? This is so disapointing. We are tremendously under funded in athletics. It's a tribute to the Coaches, Staff, and Admistration that we can compete the way we do. _
    I seriously doubt that the public will ever really know the truth for why this proposal failed. The media today stated that member of the committee said considering the proposal was too hasty! That is really lame!!

But all is not lost. The Finance Committee wil be convened in a special session in the early part of July. Reading between the lines you can imagine that the Board of Regents' higher ups dictated this, and that a recommendation for some sort of relief will be the outcome.

It's all politics. You have to know how to play the game!!

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: LA colleges about to hit paydirt

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    _

It's all politics. You have to know how to play the game!! _
    That makes T Joe Savoy and Landry the best candidates for the presidents job, regardless of other qualifications.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    Thanks for showing where your true loyalties are. Only a tiger fan speaks of "jealosy, envy and hatred" of all things Baton Rouge.

Personally, I'm not jealous of State's successes. They've certainly paid enough for them.

I don't really even hate State, just the myopic supporters that don't, won't or can't see beyond what they perceive is in State's own best interest.
    Mais, dats sum goood points you bought up, Tboy!!! Myopic? Dats kina like my toothpick, my partypic or my waterpic??? Which one dats like?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ That makes T Joe Savoy and Landry the best candidates for the presidents job, regardless of other qualifications. _
    I second that motion!!!!

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    _ Thanks for showing where your true loyalties are. Only a tiger fan speaks of "jealosy, envy and hatred" of all things Baton Rouge.

I don't really even hate State, just the myopic supporters that don't, won't or can't see beyond what they perceive is in State's own best interest. _
    States like Texas don't have a supposed flagship university that is constantly feeling threatened by every other state university and, for that reason, spends half its time trying to keep others down.

When you compare that to Louisiana, I guess that's why we have NO "flagship" university... just one that thinks its one!

I've never bought the notion of a flagship university when said university is not part of the system to which most of the other schools in the state belong... If you combine the UL and the LSU systems, sure, call LSU a flagship... But to my mind, LSU is the flagship of the LSU system, which is the second largest system in the state... UL is (or should be) the flagship of the UL system... And Southern should just fall off into the Mississippi...

You guys have a serious inferiority complex. You never will be LSU or as big as us. Just accept it and be big enough to stop blaiming us for all your problems. You need some $$ for athletics???...... get a lot of it from alumni like we do. It's not our fault your alumni dont care about your athletic program.

This is so COOL Re: LA colleges about to hit paydirt. NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ I wonder if they were swayed by a bombardment of negative phone calls? _
    What negative phone calls. Life in Louisiana is very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by am4titansandlsu
    You guys have a serious inferiority complex. You never will be LSU or as big as us. Just accept it and be big enough to stop blaiming us for all your problems. You need some $$ for athletics???...... get a lot of it from alumni like we do. It's not our fault your alumni dont care about your athletic program.
    What a moron...

This is so COOL Re: LA colleges about to hit paydirt

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ Mais, dats sum goood points you bought up, Tboy!!! Myopic? Dats kina like my toothpick, my partypic or my waterpic??? Which one dats like?

Z. _
    Mais cher I know what am_eye optic is. He is a eye doctor, his name is Dr. Alphonse on Bayou Blue. An m_eye seen him eyeing up his young nurse.

_ LSU's paranoia has been well documented in the press. When Blanco wanted to move UNO to the UL system, the State Legislature went crazy thinking Blanco was trying to weaken the LSU system. This is well founded and has alot of basis. They fear losing power over the state. Everyone knows that, Jay was just being PC. Not angering anyone. He has alot of listeners who wear purple, better not to upset them and ruin his show, I see were he is coming from. But I guarantee this was LSU's doing, if it benefits anyone but LSU, sorry, no one but LSU gets any benefit from the State, because the State is run by the LSU good ole boy network. As long as this continues we will be a backwards state. I feel like being a Cajun Fan is like being the Prolitereat fighting against the Bourgeiouse. LSU being the Fat, bloated, overhyped aristocrats that only want to keep power, while all the other State schools struggling just to compete, while the bloated power only does marginaly well, but is placated by remaining the only power in Louisiana. I digress, we will continue to succeed despite everything LSU is trying to do to keep us down. Geaux Cajuns, down with LSUA&MBR. _

WOW, finally an explicitly Marxist analysis to the situation. No more beating around the bush here..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast