Louisiana's Campus

Sometime presumably early in 1919, but definitely prior to the 1919-20 session 125 acres of land was purchased on Johnston street southwest of the main campus.

At the time Johnston Street was called "the model road."

The first mention of the 125 acres - which came to be known as the Equine Center - was in the next years school catalog.

It stated; "One hundred and twenty-five acres lie on the model road a mile and a half southwest of the Institute and are used as a school farm and pasture, devoted both to agricultural instruction and the production of milk and dairy products for the boarding club."

ps If someone can nail down the date it would be appreciated