_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thad Griffen

UL Baseball Thad Griffen

Had the opportunity to meet him and hang out with him the last two days and he is really a great guy. We spoke a lot obviously about baseball and he is more than ready to jump on and take it to the next level. We were talking about recruiting and he told me that LSU had called him and all they kept saying was "new stadium... crowd average..." and that he was "the first person we called." He said the very next day his room-mate got a call as well and was told "you're the first person we called." I thought it was funny. Anyway, very excited to have the guy on our side for the next 3 years.

I also met two of his future (UL) room-mates and I'm sorry I don't remember their full names although one was a pitcher from Walker High, his name was Blake. Right hander, said his top speeds aren't the best but that he has some nasty stuff. All three guys were class acts. There was also a kid from Florida but I fail to remember his name.

We were all talking about the College World Series and they said how it would be awesome to play at Rosenblatt, to which I said "you mean, it's GOING to be awesome to play at Rosenblatt?"

Default Re: Thad Griffen

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Had the opportunity to meet him and hang out with him the last two days and he is really a great guy. We spoke a lot obviously about baseball and he is more than ready to jump on and take it to the next level. We were talking about recruiting and he told me that LSU had called him and all they kept saying was "new stadium... crowd average..." and that he was "the first person we called." He said the very next day his room-mate got a call as well and was told "you're the first person we called." I thought it was funny. Anyway, very excited to have the guy on our side for the next 3 years.

I also met two of his future (UL) room-mates and I'm sorry I don't remember their full names although one was a pitcher from Walker High, his name was Blake. Right hander, said his top speeds aren't the best but that he has some nasty stuff. All three guys were class acts. There was also a kid from Florida but I fail to remember his name.

We were all talking about the College World Series and they said how it would be awesome to play at Rosenblatt, to which I said "you mean, it's GOING to be awesome to play at Rosenblatt?" _
    Is Griffen one of the guys coming from LSUE?

Clutch0364 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ Is Griffen one of the guys coming from LSUE? _
    Catcher from Barbe

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    _ Catcher from Barbe _
    Ahh, that bad ___ dude that can straight mash and pitch? the same guy that had potential to go high in the draft? sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ Ahh, that bad ___ dude that can straight mash and pitch? the same guy that had potential to go high in the draft? sweet. _
    The story I heard (not sure if its true or not) a team called him in an early round and asked him if he would sign for 650k and he said no. Even if its not true I want to tell the story because that is the stuff of legends lol

_ The story I heard (not sure if its true or not) a team called him in an early round and asked him if he would sign for 650k and he said no. Even if its not true I want to tell the story because that is the stuff of legends lol _
    He told me himself that he was offered more than Lucroy (he didn't tell me the amount) and he turned it down to play for UL. I didn't want to be the first to say it. He also said he had an above .400 batting avg in highschool but he made sure I knew it didn't matter anymore. He never tried to sound like a show-off, he was fairly quiet. The guy means business.

http://www.risemag.com/main.cfm?acti...playerRankings

A list of the Top 50 baseball prospects of 2007

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

See Thad Throw. See Thad Hit. See Thad Run. POOOOO!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_t...e=v_free&_mp=1

_ http://www.risemag.com/main.cfm?acti...playerRankings

A list of the Top 50 baseball prospects of 2007 _
    Good Stuff Thanks!!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    See Thad Throw. See Thad Hit. See Thad Run. POOOOO!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_t...e=v_free&_mp=1
    Mais when he trows dat ball....it feel like is flyin!!!

Whats up Dad04?

Z.

He told me himself that he was offered more than Lucroy (he didn't tell me the amount) and he turned it down to play for UL. I didn't want to be the first to say it. He also said he had an above .400 batting avg in highschool but he made sure I knew it didn't matter anymore. He never tried to sound like a show-off, he was fairly quiet. The guy means business.
    Thanks for the excellent report! The dude sounds like a "beast".

Z.

Good Stuff Thanks!!!
    You bet Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Thanks for the excellent report! The dude sounds like a "beast".

Z.
    No prob Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ Mais when he trows dat ball....it feel like is flyin!!!

Whats up Dad04?

Z. _
    Ma name is Rose, Jack!

Ma name is Rose, Jack!
    LOL!!

_ See Thad Throw. See Thad Hit. See Thad Run. POOOOO!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_t...e=v_free&_mp=1 _
    No Offense but if this was his HIGLIGHT film I am a bit worried... Seems like he struck out 3 times, popped up once and got one hit in the video..... mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    No Offense but if this was his HIGLIGHT film I am a bit worried... Seems like he struck out 3 times, popped up once and got one hit in the video..... mmmm
    I wonder what Lucroy's HIGHLIGHT film looked like? Comparable???

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    _ No Offense but if this was his HIGLIGHT film I am a bit worried... Seems like he struck out 3 times, popped up once and got one hit in the video..... mmmm _
    It is not a highlight film. MLB only posts scouting video of the very top draft prospects. This kids tool belt is full to the top. I would think anyone who has watched a handful of college games can see the talent. Frankly, to me it is very obvious. But what do I know............ I guess that's the subjectivity of scouting. We should probably just let him get his feet wet and play. I think he'll do fine, but he doesn't need me to say so. btw he is swinging wood on the tape.

"I wonder what Lucroy's HIGHLIGHT film looked like? Comparable???"

He was very very good but less reknowned at that point in his career. He developed at UL into the excellent player/draft pick he is now. He came a long way from grounding back to the pitcher his 1st AB three years ago, which seems like yesterday.

_ It is not a highlight film. MLB only posts scouting video of the very top draft prospects. This kids tool belt is full to the top. I would think anyone who has watched a handful of college games can see the talent. Frankly, to me it is very obvious. But what do I know............ I guess that's the subjectivity of scouting. We should probably just let him get his feet wet and play. I think he'll do fine, but he doesn't need me to say so. btw he is swinging wood on the tape.

He was very very good but less reknowned at that point in his career. He developed at UL into the excellent player/draft pick he is now. He came a long way from grounding back to the pitcher his 1st AB three years ago, which seems like yesterday. _
    Sure will miss Luke... Thanks for the clarification.... I was just a bit concerned watching him swing and miss... I knew I had to be missing something as there are smarter folks than I... to be sure... that evaluate these kids....

Good luck to J-Luke and here's to the beginning of the Thad Era!!!!!!!!!!

_ It is not a highlight film. MLB only posts scouting video of the very top draft prospects. This kids tool belt is full to the top. I would think anyone who has watched a handful of college games can see the talent. Frankly, to me it is very obvious. But what do I know............ I guess that's the subjectivity of scouting. We should probably just let him get his feet wet and play. I think he'll do fine, but he doesn't need me to say so. btw he is swinging wood on the tape.

He was very very good but less reknowned at that point in his career. He developed at UL into the excellent player/draft pick he is now. He came a long way from grounding back to the pitcher his 1st AB three years ago, which seems like yesterday. _
    Is this guy gonna pitch? Or is his ability behind the plate and at the plate gonna keep him in the main lineup with occasional bullpen duty? Or has it even been talked about yet?

It is a great problem to have but we have a pretty talented catcher ready to step in right now in dillion guillory lol...wow I love being a Cajun fan :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast