_ _ _ _

Thread: Farquar starts strong

NFL, NBA, MLB Farquar starts strong

The story of the night might be the pitching of Harwich's Danny Farquhar (Louisiana). He had 11 strike-outs against Chatham through the 5th when I stopped listening. Announcers called his stuff "electric."

http://www.codball.com/2007/06/15/da...l-is-underway/

Default Re: Farquar starts strong

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos
    _ The story of the night might be the pitching of Harwich's Danny Farquhar (Louisiana). He had 11 strike-outs against Chatham through the 5th when I stopped listening. Announcers called his stuff "electric."

http://www.codball.com/2007/06/15/da...l-is-underway/ _
    and this further in the story....

"The evening ended early for those attending the game in Harwich tonight. A van struck a pole near Whitehouse Field causing the power to go out. The driver, a Baltimore Orioles fan, walked himself to the ambulance."

I had to laugh at the fact that they actually found out who his team was! Gotta love the priorities!

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Glad to see Danny playing Cape Cod league baseball. He will see some of the best players in the country there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Glad to see Danny playing Cape Cod league baseball. He will see some of the best players in the country there.
    I will have to disagree. It makes me a little nervous to see him playing more baseball after the grind of the college season. What kind of impact will this have on his arm going into next season. I am all for fielders playing in summer leagues but pitchers, this makes me nervous. I realize that you can't play the games with just fielders but I would rather not see our star pitcher out there getting more wear and tear on his arm.

But yeah that was a hell of a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    _ I will have to disagree. It makes me a little nervous to see him playing more baseball after the grind of the college season. What kind of impact will this have on his arm going into next season. I am all for fielders playing in summer leagues but pitchers, this makes me nervous. I realize that you can't play the games with just fielders but I would rather not see our star pitcher out there getting more wear and tear on his arm.

But yeah that was a hell of a performance. _
    I'm not totally sure about it, but I would imagine that those coaches are to be following strict orders from the players collegiate coaches with regard to pitch counts, pitch frequency, etc. They only play about 22 regular season games from now until august and they have 13 or 14 pitchere, so there will be plenty of arms to go around. Just my thoughts.

Anyone know where any of the other guys are playing?

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    _ I will have to disagree. It makes me a little nervous to see him playing more baseball after the grind of the college season. What kind of impact will this have on his arm going into next season. I am all for fielders playing in summer leagues but pitchers, this makes me nervous. I realize that you can't play the games with just fielders but I would rather not see our star pitcher out there getting more wear and tear on his arm.

But yeah that was a hell of a performance. _
    The Cape Cod league is the best training place for future major leaguers. Sure his arm will get some work but he will be fine. Go read the articles out about the japanese pitchers and their work loads.