_ _ _ _

Thread: How to get stupid news stories

This is Upsetting How to get stupid news stories

I hate it when news channels show kids how to get high with household products.

UL Baseball Re: How to get stupid news stories

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCall
    _ I hate it when news channels show kids how to get high with household products. _
    When I was a kid I remember my dad saying that TV and air conditioning was going to ruin this country, well I like my AC and so did he as he got older, but there is no doubt in my mind that TV continues to be the biggest contributor to the downward spiral that this country is in, I have kids 11,9 and 3 and we keep them so involved with positive activities that they don`t have time to watch the crap on TV, I am by nature a very optomistic person but I see a very dismal future for our kids/ grankids, and it will continue until we (the avg person) decide to use our power and vote out the bought and paid for politicians and replace them district by district with hand picked reps that share our same values.I could go on and on , but I`m sure I am boring most of you who come here looking for sports talk.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to get stupid news stories

Quote Originally Posted by old catcher
    _ When I was a kid I remember my dad saying that TV and air conditioning was going to ruin this country, well I like my AC and so did he as he got older, but there is no doubt in my mind that TV continues to be the biggest contributor to the downward spiral that this country is in, I have kids 11,9 and 3 and we keep them so involved with positive activities that they don`t have time to watch the crap on TV, I am by nature a very optomistic person but I see a very dismal future for our kids/ grankids, and it will continue until we (the avg person) decide to use our power and vote out the bought and paid for politicians and replace them district by district with hand picked reps that share our same values.I could go on and on , but I`m sure I am boring most of you who come here looking for sports talk. _
    Not boring. Totally agree. But, unfortunately, I do not see a "vote" to change things as would be necessary. We are heavily implanted in a perpetual crap-recreation political/market/media-controlled cluster-screw. It will take a revolution, not evolution, to change things. Sad... but IMO true. Or, do as you do, and keep your children and grandchildren close and as unexposed as possible, for as long as that lasts.

Default Re: How to get stupid news stories

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCall
    I hate it when news channels show kids how to get high with household products.
    You remember all the "My Space" danger warnings a few months ago. Now every kid from 8 to 16 has to have one. Also I love it when they show the terrorists our nuclear power plants and how to create a national disaster....etc...