Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

Default Re: Ok, Please Explain This To Me

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    These teams are picked by the same idiots that waited until the 3rd round to draft him... 80% of ALL pro scouts have no idea how to analyze and/or project talent

Default Re: Brewers Minor League Top 5: Catchers

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFreak View Post
    _ Man that would be sweet and very deserving for Lucroy! It was so much fun watching him play... _
    Watching him in Brewers games on TV won't suck either.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ Watching him in Brewers games on TV won't suck either. _
    yeah, that'll be enough for me to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings.

UL Baseball Re: Brewers Minor League Top 5: Catchers

It's pretty exciting! We still can't believe it all. We just pray that he stays healthy and that he continues to enjoy it. The Brewers GM said they are seriously considering giving him a chance next year.

The season will be over in Arizona around Nov. 20. He plans to drive back and stay in Lafayette. (...something about a little Cajun sweety...) He wants to work out while he's there, then come home for Christmas.

Ya'll might need to fatten him up while he's there. He's looking a little thin!

I know you guy's are very proud!

Taking a break Tuesday from the annual general managers meetings at the O'Hare Hilton, Doug Melvin said he was "starting to feel comfortable" with the idea of catching prospect Jonathan Lucroy at least sharing the position next season.
    Big leagues, baby.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/69706672.html

7. UL Baseball Arizona Fall League Notebook

PEORIA, Ariz.—After catching all season, some of the catchers in the Arizona Fall League are starting to show some wear and tear.

The Astros have already sent catcher Jason Castro home, while some scouts have said Giants catcher Buster Posey looks worn down as well.

While it's been a struggle for the 2008 first-round picks after the grind of their first full professional seasons, Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy has been a standout for the Peoria Javelinas.

"He's pretty impressive as a catcher," said an American League scout. "He's been one of the better—if not the best—catchers here. He plays good defense, has just enough power and throws well at times."

One of Lucroy's strengths is his ability to control the strike zone. He stays balanced throughout his swing, his head stays locked in and he has good pitch recognition, which is why he walked (78) more often that he struck out (66) this season with Double-A Huntsville, where he hit .267/.380/.418 in 125 games.

Yet Lucroy has walked just once in 44 trips to the plate in the AFL for the Peoria Javelinas. No worries, as he's still been aggressive within the strike zone, working the count and making plenty of contact with only six strikeouts and a .366/.364/.585 batting line thanks to a short, compact swing that helps him stay inside the ball.

On Tuesday night Lucroy went 1-for-4 with a double and a sacrifice fly, a rocket that clocked in at 105 mph off the bat and took a laser-like route right to Padres center fielder Cedric Hunter. Another one of Lucroy's outs came on a deep fly ball that Hunter tracked down in the right-center field warning track.

"He was pretty steady defensively," said another AL scout. "I wouldn't say anything about his defense was well above-average, but he was just steady and showed me some quickness. The only knock on him I thought has been his power, but he makes consistent contact. The swing is good, he'll show a little pull power—not very much—but he's mostly a doubles guy who works gap to gap."

The rest of the story

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Arizona Fall League Notebook

Just to add a bit more on Lucroy from today: he threw out a runner stealing and recorded a 1.82-second pop time, which is an excellent mark. He showed a very quick release and a strong arm.

Posted by Ben Badler | November 12, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Shortcut

Blog Entries

UL Baseball Anyone interested in a used cracked bat"

Jonathan Lucroy -cracked- OLD HICKORY - $65.00 Link

UL Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Catchers Poll

Click here to vote for who you think should be the primary backup catcher for the Milwaukee Brewers in 2010:

Jonathan Lucroy, maybe??

http://www.brewcrewball.com/2010/3/1...brew-crew-ball

Blog Entries

UL Baseball Re: Milwaukee Brewers Catchers Poll

I'm in

Jonathan Lucroy definitely!

Default Re: Milwaukee Brewers Catchers Poll

After careful consideration I am casting a vote ........for........Jon Lucroy!

Quote Originally Posted by SunGrasses View Post
    _ Click here to vote for who you think should be the primary backup catcher for the Milwaukee Brewers in 2010:

Jonathan Lucroy, maybe??

http://www.brewcrewball.com/2010/3/1...brew-crew-ball _
    Lucroy should NOT be backup!

He should be the starter! ...

Blog Entries

Both Lindey's and Sporting News 2010 Season Preview magazines have Lucroy listed as the top catcher in the Brewers organization. That would lead me to believe that he would not be a backup and would not be up until they are ready for him to take over as the primary catcher. If he is truely their top catching prospect they will want to keep him getting regular ABs as opposed to getting 1-2 starts a week.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Both Lindey's and Sporting News 2010 Season Preview magazines have Lucroy listed as the top catcher in the Brewers organization. That would lead me to believe that he would not be a backup and would not be up until they are ready for him to take over as the primary catcher. If he is truely their top catching prospect they will want to keep him getting regular ABs as opposed to getting 1-2 starts a week. _
    If only he were an Astro he would be starting!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ If only he were an Astro he would be starting! _
    Gross! Maybe if they had a different GM, 2B, SS, 3B, SP 3-5 and CL then I would want him to be on that team. I'd rather him be on a team with a bright future. He's in a much better situation where he is. Astros suck!

Come on now, give the Astros a break. After years with the killers B's and signing free agents, there are rebuilding the farm system. They will be back in the running for the division in 2 years.

igeaux.mobi

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Baseball Prospectus Q&A - Jonathan Lucroy

Prospectus Q&A

Jonathan Lucroy

by David Laurila

Jonathan Lucroy might want to spend a little extra time learning the Brewers pitching staff this spring, because he just might be calling Miller Park home by the end of the summer. The 23-year-old backstop isn’t expected to take Milwaukee by storm—he doesn’t possess a Wieters-esque pedigree—but he does profile as a solid, everyday regular thanks to a discerning batting eye and strong defensive chops. A third-round pick in 2007 out of the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, he hit .267/.380/.418 in Double-A last year while throwing out 40 percent of runners with larcenous intent. Lucroy talked about his game, with an emphasis on the strides he has made on the defensive side of the ball, during the final week of the Arizona Fall League season.

---

David Laurila: Can you give a self-scouting report on yourself?

Jonathan Lucroy: I’d say that I have an average arm and a quick release. I work hard and hustle. I’m a contact hitter. Other than that, I don’t really know what to say. I don’t really like talking about myself all that much—my tools and stuff like that.

DL: You’ve thrown out better than 40 percent of runners trying to steal over the past two seasons. That’s pretty impressive.

JL: That’s something I’ve really tried to improve upon. When I came in, I was a good hitter, but my defense wasn’t where it should be and I’ve really focused on making it better, because it was the weakest part of my game. I went from throwing out whatever [percent] it was in rookie ball, when I got drafted, to throwing out 47 or 48 percent between Low-A and High-A last year. So, that’s really what I’ve been working on.

Read more: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=10122

Default Re: Baseball Prospectus Q&A - Jonathan Lucroy

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Prospectus Q&A

Jonathan Lucroy

by David Laurila

Jonathan Lucroy might want to spend a little extra time learning the Brewers pitching staff this spring, because he just might be calling Miller Park home by the end of the summer. The 23-year-old backstop isn't expected to take Milwaukee by storm—he doesn't possess a Wieters-esque pedigree—but he does profile as a solid, everyday regular thanks to a discerning batting eye and strong defensive chops. A third-round pick in 2007 out of the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, he hit .267/.380/.418 in Double-A last year while throwing out 40 percent of runners with larcenous intent. Lucroy talked about his game, with an emphasis on the strides he has made on the defensive side of the ball, during the final week of the Arizona Fall League season.

---

David Laurila: Can you give a self-scouting report on yourself?

Jonathan Lucroy: I'd say that I have an average arm and a quick release. I work hard and hustle. I'm a contact hitter. Other than that, I don't really know what to say. I don't really like talking about myself all that much—my tools and stuff like that.

DL: You've thrown out better than 40 percent of runners trying to steal over the past two seasons. That's pretty impressive.

JL: That's something I've really tried to improve upon. When I came in, I was a good hitter, but my defense wasn't where it should be and I've really focused on making it better, because it was the weakest part of my game. I went from throwing out whatever [percent] it was in rookie ball, when I got drafted, to throwing out 47 or 48 percent between Low-A and High-A last year. So, that's really what I've been working on.

Read more: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=10122 _
    Very interesting back and forth. Is Luc a smart guy or what? God I miss that guy. Such a leader, and pays attention to detail. I can't wait until he breaks into the show. Although, I wish he would play for someone a little closer..

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Baseball Prospectus Q&A - Jonathan Lucroy

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Very interesting back and forth. Is Luc a smart guy or what? God I miss that guy. Such a leader, and pays attention to detail. I can't wait until he breaks into the show. Although, I wish he would play for someone a little closer.. _
    Damn....

Go Brewers! Kick the Astros, a..ss!!!

Z

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast