_ _ _ _
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1355

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lucroy to Houston?

Rangers don't need to panic yet with Chirinos down, but if they start slumping over the next 10-15 gms with sub-par performances by the backups, they probably need to think harder about moving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    Astros Farm system is deep, they can afford to give up a few!
    Yes, but the Astros have some prospects that they consider untouchable right now like Reed and Bregman and they are not going to let those pieces go for Lucroy right now. Between the last few trades they have conducted, they have sent 12 prospects to other organizations. Lucroy is a very consistent bat, with a solid OBP, but is he worth a Top 20 prospect? Not certain they will do that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but the Astros have some prospects that they consider untouchable right now like Reed and Bregman and they are not going to let those pieces go for Lucroy right now. Between the last few trades they have conducted, they have sent 12 prospects to other organizations. Lucroy is a very consistent bat, with a solid OBP, but is he worth a Top 20 prospect? Not certain they will do that right now.
    I may be totally wrong on this, but I just don't see how Bregman is "untouchable".

Also, you can't put a price on a good catcher. It's the biggest luxury (outside of a deep bullpen) in the game. Luc turns Houston into a powerhouse over night. JMO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I may be totally wrong on this, but I just don't see how Bregman is "untouchable".

Also, you can't put a price on a good catcher. It's the biggest luxury (outside of a deep bullpen) in the game. Luc turns Houston into a powerhouse over night. JMO
    Untouchable right now. He is off to a hot start in AA Ball with 3 Hrs. and hitting over .330. It's a long season, but the asking price for LuCroy is too high right now, but I would love to see him in Houston.

Untouchable right now. He is off to a hot start in AA Ball with 3 Hrs. and hitting over .330. It's a long season, but the asking price for LuCroy is too high right now, but I would love to see him in Houston.
    All the more reason to unload him while he's hot. Buy low, sell high. Luc's contract is a bargain. I'd give up a lot, especially with that farm system, to get him in Houston. Smart, veteran catcher to handle a young pitching staff; that can also bolster your lineup? Yes please.

If y'all don't want to pay up, I bet Theo will!

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

According to MLB.com Lucroy is the #3 rated catcher in the majors. That is definitely worth Bregman. No way they deal AJ Reed. They could send Castro, Bregman and Valbuena.

Upgrade at Catcher, move Tyler White to 3rd and AJ Reed to first. they also have Jon Singleton to trade as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    According to MLB.com Lucroy is the #3 rated catcher in the majors. That is definitely worth Bregman. No way they deal AJ Reed. They could send Castro, Bregman and Valbuena.

Upgrade at Catcher, move Tyler White to 3rd and AJ Reed to first. they also have Jon Singleton to trade as well.
    The asking price is much higher right now, they want 3 of Houstons Top 10 prospects. They are not interested in role players like Valbuena or Castro, they are rebuilding with young prospects. Right now, Marte, Reed, Bregman and Musgrove are all off limits unless you are talking a superstart player at this point. LuCroy is the #3 MLB Catcher thus far this season, he has not been because of injuries the past two seasons.

Tyler White is not a good defensive 3B, that is why he is play 1st base right now and is doing really good early on. I have no problem dumping Singleton because he is young and still has value, but his contact % is too low for me.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The asking price is much higher right now, they want 3 of Houstons Top 10 prospects. They are not interested in role players like Valbuena or Castro, they are rebuilding with young prospects. Right now, Marte, Reed, Bregman and Musgrove are all off limits unless you are talking a superstart player at this point. LuCroy is the #3 MLB Catcher thus far this season, he has not been because of injuries the past two seasons.

Tyler White is not a good defensive 3B, that is why he is play 1st base right now and is doing really good early on. I have no problem dumping Singleton because he is young and still has value, but his contact % is too low for me.
    I'm assuming if Bregman is untouchable they plan on playing him somewhere else than SS as I don't think he's seeing the field there for the next 15 years in Houston. JMO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm assuming if Bregman is untouchable they plan on playing him somewhere else than SS as I don't think he's seeing the field there for the next 15 years in Houston. JMO
    You find a place for a bat like his in MLB. Does he have the arm to play 3B, probably not. He is not going to move two perennial All-Stars Correa or Altuvie from their positions. His best shot will probably be LF in the majors right now because Gomez and Ramus will be free agents after this season. He could also be a guy that can help you out at multiple positions, 2nd, SS and OF. But his bat will be his ticket to the major leagues.

I would say that a good enough arm to play SS is definitely a good enough arm to play 3B.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Speculation about the Lucroy speculation.

http://inningseaters.sportsblog.com/...happening.html

MLB Trade Deadline: 5 trades that need to happen: Jonathan Lucroy to the Texas Rangers

Quietly, Milwaukee has done a nice job getting back good returns in the past year for players like Carlos Gomez and Jean Segura to kickstart a rebuild. Dealing Lucroy this summer would be the next step for the Brewers towards contending down the line in the brutal NL Central.

Just two years ago, Lucroy was one of the most valuable players in baseball. Lucroy combined outstanding defense with a 132 wRC+ to post 6.1 WAR in 2014 per FanGraphs.com, an elite mark for a catcher.

However, Lucroy's output dipped to 1.1 WAR in just 103 games last season as he struggled at the plate while dealing with a toe injury and concussion. The Brewers missed out on an opportunity to deal Lucroy prior to the 2015 season, but can still somewhat salvage the situation this summer with a fair return for the 29-year-old.

Unfortunately, Lucroy is off to a poor start at the plate again, exactly the last thing Milwaukee wanted to see in a rebuilding season. At the very least, Lucroy looks healthy in the early going, and can still be a valuable piece due to his defense, pitch framing, and team-friendly club option for 2017.

For a team like Texas, who figures to be in the AL West mix again after winning the division a year ago, Lucroy would be a huge upgrade. The Rangers already had a shaky catching situation entering the year, and it looks downright ugly after starter Robinson Chirinos suffered a broken forearm.

Texas has an excellent farm system, and wouldn't have to part with a top prospect like Nomar Mazara to get Lucroy. Even if Lucroy's value is not what it once was, Milwaukee could get back a solid package of mid-level prospects from Texas.

http://fansided.com/2016/05/04/mlb-t...need-happen/2/

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Did the guy actually look at his stats? It's still early and he started slow but his BA is up to 0.307 with a .371 OBP and a 0.792 OPS which is just a little higher than he career averages.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Did the guy actually look at his stats? It's still early and he started slow but his BA is up to 0.307 with a .371 OBP and a 0.792 OPS which is just a little higher than he career averages.
    I was thinking the same thing, Luc's numbers are up.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

4 hours south of Arlington would be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    4 hours south of Arlington would be so much better.
    yup

18. Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

The Milwaukee Brewers catcher has put himself back in the best catcher in baseball conversation with the highest WAR among catchers.

https://reviewingthebrew.com/2016/06...ucroy-is-back/

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

Back to back multi hit games.

Lucroy hit a pair of doubles Tuesday.

20. UL Baseball Lucroy Named to NL All-Star Team

For the second time in his career, former Louisiana Ragin' Cajun Jonathan Lucroy is an All-Star.

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast