Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

Blog Entries

Default Lucroy Fantasy Update....Kinda Cool to Say!!!

Got this little tid bit off of Rotoworld.com and thought I'd share.

Brewers manager have been impressed with what Jonathan Lucroy has done in his rookie season.

"For a guy straight out of Double-A," Macha said, "you have to be pleased with what you see." For the record, Lucroy actually played 21 games at Triple-A before being called up. Still, he has been decent with the bat, hitting .271 with three homers, 16 RBI and four stolen bases over 192 at-bats, and he has improved with his calling of a game. He could be a sleeper candidate for 2011.

Default Re: Lucroy Fantasy Update....Kinda Cool to Say!!!

I'll definitely have my eye on him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Got this little tid bit off of Rotoworld.com and thought I'd share.

Brewers manager have been impressed with what Jonathan Lucroy has done in his rookie season.

"For a guy straight out of Double-A," Macha said, "you have to be pleased with what you see." For the record, Lucroy actually played 21 games at Triple-A before being called up. Still, he has been decent with the bat, hitting .271 with three homers, 16 RBI and four stolen bases over 192 at-bats, and he has improved with his calling of a game. He could be a sleeper candidate for 2011. _
    That's interesting. I didnt know he played that few triple A games. I'm expecting a great hitting season next year

A guy at a Brewer fan site broke down his first 50 games. He's done extremely well for a rookie. The analysis noted he is swinging at alot of balls off the plate, but will show more power and higher average as he gets pickier. Big upside at the plate.

http://disciplesofuecker.com/jon-luc...irst-50-games/

Sweet!

7. UL Baseball Year One in MLB ends

Jonathan Lucroy - No player had more asked of him than Lucroy, who began the year in Double-A, made a brief stop in Triple-A and eventually emerged as the No. 1 catcher when Gregg Zaun was lost with a shoulder injury.

Forced into that role, Lucroy helped stymie the enemy running game by throwing out 29% (15 of 52) of runners attempting steals.

He initially had trouble blocking balls in the dirt, but worked hard to improve. He was a quick study in the video room and in pitchers' meetings, learning opposing hitters as well as his staff while drawing praise from the coaching staff.

Lucroy started 74 games and stayed mentally tough despite things coming at him fast.

Offensively, he wore down at the end, batting .211 with a .282 on-base percentage over his final 22 games. He needs to learn how to work the count and draw more walks (only 18 in 297 plate appearances) but has the makings of a No. 1 catcher.

Grade: C-plus

The rest of the story

8. Default Jonathan Lucroy helping Umatilla

After finishing his high school career at Umatilla, Lucroy played at the University of Louisiana and was drafted by the Brewers in 2007._ He was called up to the majors_this past May_and_became the Brewers’ every day catcher shortly thereafter.

Default Re: Lucroy Helps His High School

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Man---how did we lose his brother???? _
    I think he probably wanted to pave his own way. I'm sure he's been trying to get out of his brother's shadow for a while now. Going to UL would kept him in the shade. Of course, I'm only speculating. Anyhow, the milk's on the floor now.

Default Re: Lucroy Helps His High School

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    See he had nothing to fear

Except fear itself.
    igeaux.mobi

12. UL Baseball Jonathan Lucroy critical to Brewers' success

In the time leading up to the start of spring training, I've decided to make a countdown of the 10 Brewers that I believe are most critical to their success in the 2011 season. It continues today with number 8.

The catcher is a rather important player. He calls the pitches during games. He keeps pitchers calm when things get serious. The Brewers have decided to take a bit of a leap of faith with their catcher. Yes, Jonathan Lucroy was the regular starter for a good deal of last season, starting 74 games after Gregg Zaun went down with an injury. Even so, Lucroy won't be 25 until June, and he has only played in 96 games above double A.

The rest of the story

Luc's stats

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Jonathan Lucroy critical to Brewers' success

Congrats to Lucroy, but I can only pull for him when they don't play the Astros!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Congrats to Lucroy, but I can only pull for him when they don't play the Astros! _
    Due to a strange quirk in MLB scheduling, Milwaukee will be in Houston for three weekend series during the 2011 season, April, August and September.

So there's plenty of chances to see Luc play in H-town this year.

Also, Houston has Boston coming in for a series in July. However, the Stros will likely put those tickets on a raffle like they did the last time the Sauks came.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ Due to a strange quirk in MLB scheduling, Milwaukee will be in Houston for three weekend series during the 2011 season, April, August and September.

So there's plenty of chances to see Luc play in H-town this year.

Also, Houston has Boston coming in for a series in July. However, the Stros will likely put those tickets on a raffle like they did the last time the Sauks came. _
    Wish I could make the Sox game, but I'll still be working for Uncle Sugar learning to fly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Wish I could make the Sox game, but I'll still be working for Uncle Sugar learning to fly. _
    Just think, someday you'll be able to fly yourself from game to game -and along the way- picking up VO at CC's in Abbeville

I understand he got married over the weekend; he and his bride are living in Lafayette.

18. Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

The Brewers hope that 24-year old righty swinging Jonathan Lucroy have build off his solid first season in the majors. He played in 75 games for the Brewers last season and he was 70 of 277 (.253 avg, .628 OPS) with 24 runs scored, 4 homers, 26 RBIs and 4 stolen bases.

The Brewers hope that Lucroy can get his average up to about .270 with a little more power in 2011. Lucroy had 5 errors but only 1 passed ball in 75 games behind the plate for the Brewers last season. He also threw out 15 of 54 (27.8%) runners trying to steal on him last season and Brewers’ pitchers had a 4.40 ERA with him behind the plate.

Lucroy heads into the 2011 season as the Brewers unquestioned starting catcher but he will need to improve a little bit this year to keep the gig.

The rest of the story

19. Default Calmer behind the mask for Brewers' Lucroy

It was overwhelming, but I think it will pay off for me in the long run," said Lucroy, 24, a third-round draft pick in 2007 out of the University of Louisiana. "I believe that trial by fire is one of the best things you can deal with. That's the ...

Default Re: Calmer behind the mask for Brewers' Lucroy

Great article!! Gets me pumped up to watch him this year. I can see him hitting .300 this year. Like the article said, he was just trying to survive offensively last year cause he had to put so much focus learning the pitchers' and getting comfortable defensively.

igeaux.mobi

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast