Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lucroy vs. Astros, July 31

Quote Originally Posted by BGlass29 View Post
    _ According to my calculations it looks as though Randy Would start the Sunday game... _
    The wife, the twins and I will be at all three games that weekend. Got a GREAT deal at the Doubletree suites at the Galleria. Free cook to order breakfast for the whole family and a suite with mini kitchen, living room and separate bedroom for 103 a night. Sweet.....

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ The wife, the twins and I will be at all three games that weekend. Got a GREAT deal at the Doubletree suites at the Galleria. Free cook to order breakfast for the whole family and a suite with mini kitchen, living room and separate bedroom for 103 a night. Sweet..... _
    I'll be there the Friday, Jay. I just hope Buddy's calculations are right and that Lucroy would sit out the Sunday game.

He is apparently not catching Manny Parra either. Parra currently has location, command, wildness and dirtball issues. I think Jon's blocking skills are very good. He had two or three great blocks Saturday, but Ken Macha has been letting Kottaras catch Parra the last two or three starts. I think Parra follows Wolf in the rotation.

UL Baseball Lucroy & Brewers on ESPN Tuesday night

ESPN had an hour long segment on last night from 8:00-9:00 concerning a week with the Brewers. I missed the beginning, but Lucroy was interviewed before a game and discussed the preparations necessary prior to facing the batters before every game. One portion of the program also showed Lucroy & another catcher catching fly balls in practice under the closed roof of the stadium. The coach discussed how both catchers were young and needed practice judging the fly balls while looking up at the top of the stadium.

I was wondering if anyone else saw the program and wondered if anyone knew if the program would air again?

Wish I would have seen the entire program.

Default Re: Lucroy & Brewers on ESPN Tuesday night

Quote Originally Posted by ronnied View Post
    _ ESPN had an hour long segment on last night from 8:00-9:00 concerning a week with the Brewers. I missed the beginning, but Lucroy was interviewed before a game and discussed the preparations necessary prior to facing the batters before every game. One portion of the program also showed Lucroy & another catcher catching fly balls in practice under the closed roof of the stadium. The coach discussed how both catchers were young and needed practice judging the fly balls while looking up at the top of the stadium.

I was wondering if anyone else saw the program and wondered if anyone knew if the program would air again?

Wish I would have seen the entire program. _
    I personally liked when Prince Fielder was heckling Lucroy while doing batting practice. lol

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lucroy & Brewers on ESPN Tuesday night

Quote Originally Posted by ronnied View Post
    _ ESPN had an hour long segment on last night from 8:00-9:00 concerning a week with the Brewers. I missed the beginning, but Lucroy was interviewed before a game and discussed the preparations necessary prior to facing the batters before every game. One portion of the program also showed Lucroy & another catcher catching fly balls in practice under the closed roof of the stadium. The coach discussed how both catchers were young and needed practice judging the fly balls while looking up at the top of the stadium.

Wish I would have seen the entire program. _
    Ronnie, We're making the trip over to H-Town next weekend to watch Lucroy. Let us know if you're making the trip. I think we can find a couple of cold ones.

UL Baseball Re: Lucroy vs. Astros, July 31

Jonathan wants to meet everyone after the game on the line down beyond the visitor's dougout. Wear your Cajuns gear so he can see you.

Karen

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SunGrasses View Post
    _ Jonathan wants to meet everyone after the game on the line down beyond the visitor's dougout. Wear your Cajuns gear so he can see you.

Karen _
    Am I correct that Luc is leading the B'ers with a 293 average??? I am just so happy for the guy---At the age of 23--does a guy usually get much better as he ages???? I think that about 30 years is the top of the strength for guys!!!JMO

Hey guys,
    I live here in Houston and will try to make the game. If so, I'll be sporting my Cajuns attire and would want to say hello to Luc.

By the way, it appears Dave Bush will be pitching and Luc will be starting.

Clay Lanclos, 2003 alum

So... it appears he will be starting on Saturday and NOT the Friday game?

i believe jonathan will catch parra fri. in houston.

I think so too. He caught Parra this weekend. He had a very nice series behind and next to the plate. He is doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by SunGrasses View Post
    i believe jonathan will catch parra fri. in houston.
    I sure hope it is Friday. That's the only game I can make. I'll have a Ragin Cajuns shirt...and an Astros hat!

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lucroy vs. Astros, July 31

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ I know this has been talked about in a couple of other threads, but I wanted to get a roll call on who's coming to the game.

Saturday, July 31
    Astros vs. Brewers
    6:05 PM

There will be some Cajun fans from the Houston Ragin' Cajun Club sitting in Sections 409-411.

We'll also be across the street at the BUS starting at 4:00.

Wear some UL gear and we'll see you there! _
    There will be six in my group. We will be there.

Parra is 5th in the rotation. Yovani Gallardo is 1st in the rotation and Wolf is 2nd. Parra is startingon Friday for sure. however, Gallardo just came back from an injury and i'm not sure if he is pitching in his normal spot. and someone said that Lucroy isnt starting for parra. I dont know if that is true but, if it is, that could mean Lucroy wouldnt catch Friday AND saturday. Does anyone know if what i'm saying is true and if it's possible Luc may actually not pitch Friday or saturday? I hope not cause I have tickets to both of those games.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We're going Friday. He better be starting, I thought he had been catching Parra. He sat tonight so he won't really need another break on Friday.

igeaux.mobi

nevermind what i said about the possibility of luc not catching staurday. I thought wolf would maybe pitch that day but he wont. Bush will. So Luc is definately catching saturday and i'm pretty sure he will friday as well.

Default Lucroy Article

Tough Upbringing Shaped UL's Lucroy
    UL Freshman is Outgoing National 'Little Britches' Queen
    Conference Snubs Cajuns' Fleming
    Q&A With UL Alum Tillman

...and more...

http://ultoday.com

UL Baseball Re: Lucroy vs. Astros, July 31

Friday:
    MIL: Parra (3-7, 5.33 ERA)
    HOU: Oswalt (6-12, 3.42 ERA)

Saturday:
    MIL: Bush (5-8, 4.27 ERA)
    HOU: Rodriguez (8-11, 4.80 ERA)

Sunday:
    MIL: Wolf (7-9, 5.07 ERA)
    HOU: Wright (0-1, 5.12 ERA)

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ nevermind what i said about the possibility of luc not catching staurday. I thought wolf would maybe pitch that day but he wont. Bush will. So Luc is definately catching saturday and i'm pretty sure he will friday as well. _
    I think that his average is tops for the Brewers

What is the minimum times at bat to be counted in any honor stats at years end???---So many of the players in the league under 300

-Guess what Robe always says that if you can be successful a third of the time in baseball --you will be in the Hall of Fame!!!!! Well something like that!!!

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast