Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

Default Re: HOMERUN! LUCROY!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Even on Monday he put a charge into a couple of balls but they were caught at or just before the warning track. Its clear, he's getting more comfortable at the plate and not just looking for singles through the hole. _
    How is he doing in fielding? I've been keeping up with him but havent been able to watch his games a whole lot. But i know he struggled a little bit with defense at first. Do you know if he looks more comfortable there now?

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He was throwing out runners at a pretty good clip last I heard.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ How is he doing in fielding? I've been keeping up with him but havent been able to watch his games a whole lot. But i know he struggled a little bit with defense at first. Do you know if he looks more comfortable there now? _
    Unfortunately on Monday he was catching Manny Parra, who is as wild as there is in the league. Luc had a few in the dirt that got under him and to the back stop. All were ruled as wild pitches.

Of course that's the exception. When he's catching anyone else, its not nearly as challenging and he's been much better than their other catcher Kottaras on throwing runners out.

Luc has an RBI today already in the 2nd inning when he grounded out to score a run.

Default Jonathan Lucroy Parody

Softball Recruit Ham is Player of Year
    Jonathan Lucroy Sounds Off (parody)
    North Florida Picks Smoke Laval for Head Coach

...and more...

http://ultoday.com/node/1241

5. Default Brewers' Lucroy proving to be quite a catch

MILWAUKEE Much has been made of the Milwaukee Brewers' difficulties in developing pitchers. But if anything, they've had an even worse time cultivating battery mates for those pitchers.

Ever since bringing David Nilsson and Mike Matheny to the big leagues in the early 1990s, the Brewers have hosted a parade of grizzled veteran catchers on their last major league legs.

It's been a who's who list of Crash Davis the fictional broken-down catcher played by Kevin Costner in "Bull Durham" who was brought in to mentor a young pitcher lookalikes.

For the Brewers, that role has been played by the likes of Henry Blanco, Raul Casanova, Paul Bako, Eddie Perez, Chad Moeller, Damian Miller, Jason Kendall and, most recently, Gregg Zaun.

The rest of the story

Default Lucroy at Astros

at the end of July, i am heading up to Houston to watch the astros play the Brewers and i was wondering if any of you guys knew whether or not Lucroy would play in one of those games or what are the chances of him playing in at least one. i'm sure it's too early to tell but i figured i would just ask any way.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lucroy at astros

He's their main guy at catcher, he should play 2 of the 3 games at least.

Since he has become the main catcher, you might steer away from the Sunday game. He will probably catch Friday and Saturday. The "day game after a night game" philosophy may kick in for the Sunday game. Of course, that may cause him to miss the Saturday game...

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    _ Since he has become the main catcher, you might steer away from the Sunday game. He will probably catch Friday and Saturday. The "day game after a night game" philosophy may kick in for the Sunday game. Of course, that may cause him to miss the Saturday game... _
    Well i think i was planning on going to both Friday and Saturday so that works out

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lucroy Attracting Attention

UL could have used Lucroy's bat this year. Another bat that was missing was the one that once belonged to CLOSER TO HOME SMITH.

I was reading the article posted about lucroy in the "lucroy attracting attention" thread and it said that he catches for 4 of the brewers' 5 starting pitchers so if i go to the Friday and saturday game, i'm bound to see him at least once.

UL Baseball Re: Lucroy at astros

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    I was reading the article posted about lucroy in the "lucroy attracting attention" thread and it said that he catches for 4 of the brewers' 5 starting pitchers so if i go to the Friday and saturday game, i'm bound to see him at least once.
    He does not catch for Randy Wolf at this time, as Wolf's signals are too complicated for Luc to understand at this point. He tried it once when he first got called up, and it turned into a disaster of wild pitches and such. So until he learns them better he is only catching the other 4 pitchers at this point. He could use a day off every 5th day anyway. This is common.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ He does not catch for Randy Wolf at this time, as Wolf's signals are too complicated for Luc to understand at this point. _
    There might be some prima d'ona MLB pitcher's theatrics at work here. I think he can probably decode a set of signs. Wolf is on the downside and backwards pictches, mostly.

Default Re: Lucroy at Astros

He does not catch for Randy Wolf at this time, as Wolf's signals are too complicated for Luc to understand at this point. He tried it once when he first got called up, and it turned into a disaster of wild pitches and such.

B.S. Thats not true at all.

That is what they said the other day during the brewers game. Randy wolf has some sort of very complicated signs that he likes to use and Luc has not gotten it down yet.

Doesn't really matter anyway...he does not catch for Randy Wolf.

I just report what I heard. If you know better then give the scoop.

igeaux.mobi

UL Baseball Re: Lucroy at Astros

Thanks, everybody, for the support. Cajuns are the best!

Jonathan and Randy Wolf weren't on the same page with the pitch selection. Wolf calls his own game using gestures and body language. (I'm not allowed to elaborate.) When Jonathan caught him, he questioned Wolf's pitches. Wolf didn't like being questioned, so things didn't work out too well.

Jonathan had studied the opposing team and felt confident with what to throw the batters, and Wolf didn't agree. As a result, there was a lot of confusion. I guess when you make the kind of money Wolf makes, you don't take too highly to a rookie telling you what to do, or who thinks he knows more than you. (And if you know Jonathan, you know he likes to control the field.)

Wolf has a tendency to blame others for a bad game, so it's just as well that Jonathan doesn't catch him. Besides, he needs to rest once in a while.

He said he can't wait to see some Cajun friends in Houston! He's getting excited!

Someone above asked if Jonathan would be playing in Houston. All we know at this time is that Wolf pitches every 5 days. So, if things continue as they are, Jonathan will catch in Houston, but we don't know what days.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for everything.

Karen

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SunGrasses View Post
    _ Thanks, everybody, for the support. Cajuns are the best!

Jonathan and Randy Wolf weren't on the same page with the pitch selection. Wolf calls his own game using gestures and body language. (I'm not allowed to elaborate.) When Jonathan caught him, he questioned Wolf's pitches. Wolf didn't like being questioned, so things didn't work out too well.

Jonathan had studied the opposing team and felt confident with what to throw the batters, and Wolf didn't agree. As a result, there was a lot of confusion. I guess when you make the kind of money Wolf makes, you don't take too highly to a rookie telling you what to do, or who thinks he knows more than you. (And if you know Jonathan, you know he likes to control the field.)

Wolf has a tendency to blame others for a bad game, so it's just as well that Jonathan doesn't catch him. Besides, he needs to rest once in a while.

He said he can't wait to see some Cajun friends in Houston! He's getting excited!

Someone above asked if Jonathan would be playing in Houston. All we know at this time is that Wolf pitches every 5 days. So, if things continue as they are, Jonathan will catch in Houston, but we don't know what days.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for everything.

Karen _
    Randy Wolf wasn't a very good teammate in Los Angeles, either. It's one of the reasons they didn't offer him another contract.

Anyway, the MLB Extra Innings package is one of the better investments I've made. The Brewers announcers seem to be very impress with Jonathan.

Methinks he has a home.

I, like many others, will be in Houston for that three game series. Can't wait to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Randy Wolf wasn't a very good teammate in Los Angeles, either. It's one of the reasons they didn't offer him another contract.

Anyway, the MLB Extra Innings package is one of the better investments I've made. The Brewers announcers seem to be very impress with Jonathan.

Methinks he has a home.

I, like many others, will be in Houston for that three game series. Can't wait to see him. _
    Oh he has a home. Brewers finally have a promising young catcher (something they havent had in a while and something that can be difficult for some teams to get). he's not going anywhere anytime soon

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lucroy at Astros

Hey guys, about 2 years ago I was able to attend a Brewers game in Milwaukee. The atmosphere is awesome, like a college football game. Got there 2 hours early and there were appx 25 to 30 thousand fans tailgating!! He will love playing there, great fans and an absolutly beautiful stadium. Hope I can go to another one while he's playing there. Good to Lucroy, nice to see his hard work paid off!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!

GEAUX BREWERS!!!!!

P.S. Went to game first week in August and it was 56 degrees, didn't think that was even possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    P.S. Went to game first week in August and it was 56 degrees, didn't think that was even possible!! _
    earlier this summer i was in the colorado rockies and it SNOWED!! IN JUNE!!!! I was so confused when i saw it haha

Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast