Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

Default Re: Lucroy starting tonight Fri 6-11

By the way, if you go to http://www.4info.net and sign up, you can set up for player alerts for luc. I get alerts to my phone telling me whether he's starting or not, and every hit, run, rbi, or stolen base. Plus stats at the end of every game he plays. Really sweet.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The game is on Directv channel 675.

Young had a two-out run-scoring double in the third, but beyond that Narveson got out of jams with good pitches and double plays, and was helped by catcher Jonathan Lucroy throwing out Julio Borbon trying to steal third.

Lucroy threw out a base stealer Thursday and it would have been two had second baseman Rickie Weeks not dropped a throw. Macha praised Lucroy's performance and ability to call a game and handle the staff, saying he's the "hardest-working guy in the clubhouse" since he's arrived from Class AAA Nashville, showing up early each day to study hitters and his own pitchers.
    Two starts in a row for Jon. I detect a trend beginning to take shape.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/96183799.html

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

First game of his career without a hit I believe and it sounded like he accelled on the defensive side.

He better start tomorrow, it's his birthday.
    igeaux.mobi

He's penciled in to start his third game in a row. Direct TV 658 & & 733HD (MLB Ticket) I detect a trend.......

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have mlb.tv but it's blacked out and it's not on tv. The blackout rules are so stupid.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

A base hit that may have been an error, sounds like the 1st baseman could have had a play on it. Then he stole 2nd. 1-1 with a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ I have mlb.tv but it's blacked out and it's not on tv. The blackout rules are so stupid. _
    The blackout rules are dumb. You're in the Rangers MLB-AL territory. I guess they expect you to hop a plane to Milwaukee to see them play.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Best night in the bigs. 3 for 4

igeaux.mobi

I wish Lucroy would have switched jerseys. As most of you saw, all the Rangers have is um... uh.... I cant remember his name. The Rangers could use a catcher with skills behind and at the plate.

The Rangers catcher Matt Treanor was cut by the Brewers in spring training. It is looking and sounding like Jon is now the Brewers no.1 catcher. He has thrown out several runners and is batting over .300. The other catcher Kottaras has thrown out no one.

Luke getting the start tonight, scored a run in the second inning

igeaux.mobi

1-2 with a run s ores so far.
    igeaux.mobi

LUC is now 2 for 3 with a run scored and a stolen base

igeaux.mobi

2 for 5. Threw out Torii Hunter trying to steal 3rd

Default Re: Lucroy starting

He also stole two bags and got big attaboys from Ken Macha to the press after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ The Rangers catcher Matt Treanor was cut by the Brewers in spring training. It is looking and sounding like Jon is now the Brewers no.1 catcher. He has thrown out several runners and is batting over .300. The other catcher Kottaras has thrown out no one. _
    Treanor is filling in while Saltalamacchia gets right in the minors. Max Ramirez is filling in for Treanor from time-to-time. But I'm not sure Salty will jump right back in once he is ready to go. Treanor delivered a pinch-hit, 2-out, 2-run triple in the top of the ninth with runners on first and third to put the Rangers up 3-2 and ultimately a win. Treanor has been playing well.

Default Re: Lucroy starting

Just an FYI....Brew Crew will be in Houston on July 30, 31, and August 1 for a 3 game weekend series. Brew Crew also goes back in September for a 3 game mid week series. Be great to see Cajun fans, especially the Houston area Cajun fans, to show their support for Lucroy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Treanor is filling in while Saltalamacchia gets right in the minors. Max Ramirez is filling in for Treanor from time-to-time. But I'm not sure Salty will jump right back in once he is ready to go. Treanor delivered a pinch-hit, 2-out, 2-run triple in the top of the ninth with runners on first and third to put the Rangers up 3-2 and ultimately a win. Treanor has been playing well. _
    Salty was going to be the next big thing when ATL drafted him, until Brian McCann came along. He has an MLB frame. Not sure why he can't put it together. He might be one of those guys who just looks good getting off the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ Salty was going to be the next big thing when ATL drafted him, until Brian McCann came along. He has an MLB frame. Not sure why he can't put it together. He might be one of those guys who just looks good getting off the bus. _
    Salty played well enough for the Rangers last year, but saw limited playing time because Pudge was there. He was to be the starter this year and actually got a walk-off hit the first game of this year, but he only played one more game and got sent to the DL.

He was feeling fine and doing well in AAA, but for whatever reason, couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher between pitches (similar to the catcher in the movie Major League 2). Apparently, he was throwing it all over the place - bouncing it before the mound, airmailing it to center field, throwing it to the 2nd baseman, etc. It is my understanding that he got past that, which was obvious mental, but they aren't ready to move him back up because they are happy with Treanor and Ramirez.

Taylor Teagarden got significant playing time last year and was set to be the starter when Saltalamacchia went down, but he has 1 hit in 27 AB, for a 0.37 average this year. So I don't think he will be in the mix too much this year.

Can you tell I'm a Rangers fan?

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast