_ _ _ _
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60 66 67 68 69 70
Results 1,381 to 1,392 of 1392

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

1. UL Baseball Jonathan Lucroy: 2019 Angels spring training preview: catchers

General Manager Billy Eppler said from the start of the winter that they were looking for a catcher. They made an early inquiry into the Miami Marlins' J.T. Realmuto, but the cost was too high for the Angels and he was traded to Philadelphia on Thursday. They also engaged with the top two free agent catchers, Yasmani Grandal and Wilson Ramos, but both eventually signed elsewhere. The Angels instead grabbed Jonathan Lucroy (free agent) on a one-year deal. Lucroy, 32, is a few years removed from being one of the game's best catchers. Last season with the Oakland A's, he hit .241 with a .617 OPS. Lucroy said he discovered some swing issues over the winter, and he has expressed confidence that he can correct them. He still helped nurture a young Oakland pitching staff into the playoffs in 2018. The Angels also picked up Kevan Smith (waivers) from the Chicago White Sox, and he and Briceño will battle for the backup job. Smith, who is out of options, appealed to the Angels because of his .348 on-base percentage last year. Arcia was designated for assignment and signed with the Chicago Cubs.

2. UL Baseball Angels giving ex-Brewer catcher Jonathan Lucroy a chance

What mattered most, Jonathan Lucroy possessed in abundance. Once considered an elite receiver behind the plate, he had experience and knowledge of the game, two things the Angels lacked on their 40-man roster at the time

3. UL Baseball Jonathan Lucroy supports rules intended to prevent high-tech sign stealing

Every once in a while, when Jonathan Lucroy is behind the plate, he'll sense that something is off.

Perhaps it's what he hears from the dugout or just the way a hitter reacts to a pitch, but it makes him suspicious that someone is stealing signs. And not the acceptable way, either.

The rest of the story
    redlandsdailyfacts

4. UL Baseball Angels' Jonathan Lucroy: Looking good in spring

Lucroy has hit .366/.422/.512 this spring.

The veteran catcher is looking to bounce back from a poor 2019 campaign in which he hit just .241/.291/.325 with four homers in 126 games for Oakland. The last time he recorded a spring OPS this high, back in 2016, Lucroy went on to hit a career-best 24 homers with a .292/.355/.500 line, though it's generally unwise to read too much into small-sample spring stats

5. UL Baseball Jonathan Lucroy brings much-needed experience to Los Angeles Ang

"I couldn’t really imagine going to pro ball from high school. I’m really glad and thankful that I got to go to UL and experience that and kind of grow up a little bit

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Jonathan Lucroy

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

Luc got to the dugout easier this time.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/video/jon...08-default-vtp

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Luc got to the dugout easier this time.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/video/jon...08-default-vtp
    Hit that off former McNeese Cowboy Clay Buchholz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Hit that off former McNeese Cowboy Clay Buchholz, .
    I never realized Bucholz was from McNeese.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I never realized Bucholz was from McNeese.
    He went to Lumberton HS, near Beaumont. Did not last long at McNeese. Broke in a middle school and stole 29 laptops while on Xmas break. Got caught slinging them in Lake Charles. Was asked to leave Lake Charles and not return.

I am full of useless info. Ask my wife.

11. UL Baseball Jonathan Lucroy: Goes deep twice

Lucroy took Astros starter Justin Verlander deep twice Sunday, but the rest of his offense couldn't manage much more. The 32-year-old has four homers on the season, all coming since April 22. He's already matched his four-homer total from 2018 in over 300 fewer at-bats.

OCRegister: Jonathan Lucroy has bounced back offensively with Angels.

http://www.ocregister.com/jonathan-l...ly-with-angels

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60 66 67 68 69 70