_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Travelling with UL football

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Travelling with UL football

Guys Rusty mentioned in his interview on Cajun Redzone Radio last Thursday that we need to start traveling like a big time program.

We have two big away games the first two games of the season.

Fayetteville, AR and Manhattan, KS

Hammer 58 and myself are going to K state.. Flight out Friday the 6th one stop in Dallas, rental car, and room for two nights is approx. 650 per person.

You can drive it, but its about 12 hours both ways.

We are staying in Junction City about 12 miles away... I found that the better hotels that still had vacancies in Manhattan had a NO cancel policy.. be aware of that.

Manhattan KS is a small town, K stAte is a hot ticket, rooms are filling up fast. If you dont want to stay in a roach motel you might want to act now.

Just an FYI... again be aware of the NO Cancellation policy at some of the hotels in the area.

Hope to see you guys on the road. Let me know if you are going to K state. There was a crew that we entertained back in 09'(?) ... we treated them really well and they want to reciprocate.. He'll welcome all comers.

Z

Default Re: Travelling with UL football

I want to go to the ark game like you wouldn't even believe. But I have to go to a wedding, but the grooms an ark grad, so it should be fun

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I want to go to the ark game like you wouldn't even believe. But I have to go to a wedding, but the grooms an ark grad, so it should be fun
    ---Thinking about flying into Tulsa and driving to Fay-ville for the Arky game---driving back to Tulsa for a business meeting and onto Manhattan for the K-STATERS-flying back from the closest airport to Laffy--did I just type Laffy??? Did we decide to do that or not??? Lafayette

Wife and I most likely going to game in bowling green to see us play WKU. Taking the week off for vacation. Driving up to Gatlinburg for a few nights, then over to WKU, corvette plant, start heading back home.

Blog Entries

My group of four will be in fayetteville for the arkansas game.

Also, planning on going to the south alabama game.

Is there a way that someone can create a charter package? Leave on Friday afternoon,return on Sunday. Lots of schools have groups that offer packages that include charter flight, dinner at a resturant on Fri., game tickets and charter bus transportation all for one price.

Do we any one that could organize this. This would be great for big games and games in big cities like Atlanta and Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Guys Rusty mentioned in his interview on Cajun Redzone Radio last Thursday that we need to start traveling like a big time program.

Hammer 58 and myself are going to K state.. Flight out Friday the 6th one stop in Dallas, rental car, and room for two nights is approx. 650 per person.

We are staying in Junction City about 12 miles away... I found that the better hotels that still had vacancies in Manhattan had a NO cancel policy.. be aware of that.

Manhattan KS is a small town, K stAte is a hot ticket, rooms are filling up fast. If you dont want to stay in a roach motel you might want to act now.

Just an FYI... again be aware of the NO Cancellation policy at some of the hotels in the area.

Hope to see you guys on the road. Let me know if you are going to K state. There was a crew that we entertained back in 09'(?) ... we treated them really well and they want to reciprocate.. He'll welcome all comers.

Z
    I'm planning to go to Kstate. I couldn't get time off for Arkansas, plus the game was in Fayetteville (harder to get to). I don't where I'm staying yet, but I have family in Wichita in case I can't find anything closer.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! I didn't look closely at e itinerary. Junction City is the camp town right outside of Ft. Riley. Spent the summer there in '79 for Army advanced camp. It'll be like old times! We'll have to take a tour of town on Friday night to see if the hookers are using the same street corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! I didn't look closely at e itinerary. Junction City is the camp town right outside of Ft. Riley. Spent the summer there in '79 for Army advanced camp. It'll be like old times! We'll have to take a tour of town on Friday night to see if the hookers are using the same street corners.
    HAHA!! It took you a while to figure that out!!! I had seen that, just waiting for your reaction!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Is there a way that someone can create a charter package? Leave on Friday afternoon,return on Sunday. Lots of schools have groups that offer packages that include charter flight, dinner at a resturant on Fri., game tickets and charter bus transportation all for one price.

Do we any one that could organize this. This would be great for big games and games in big cities like Atlanta and Miami.
    I believe we did this for stAte a few years back.. I think it was straight up and straight back. I wouldnt be opposed to doing something like that. Might be up to our alumni assoc to look into.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    My group of four will be in fayetteville for the arkansas game.

Thats a long haul to Fayetteville. Beautiful area, you'll dig it. If the game was in Little Rock we'd be good as its only a 6 hr drive. Hogs arent stupid, they want every bit of home field advantage they can get against us. Good Luck with that, Hogs.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Wife and I most likely going to game in bowling green to see us play WKU. Taking the week off for vacation. Driving up to Gatlinburg for a few nights, then over to WKU, corvette plant, start heading back home.
    Andre', never made that trip. I know some who have and they said its really cool. If you are lucky you'll get to meet the famous, "Dahbeed"...

Z

I know myself and at least 1 other go to one, if not both, of the major games every year. I would love to go to both Arkansas and K-State, however; I think we will only be able to make the Arkansas game.

I would definitely be in favor of a package charter deal to some of the Belt schools.

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    I know myself and at least 1 other go to one, if not both, of the major games every year. I would love to go to both Arkansas and K-State, however; I think we will only be able to make the Arkansas game.

I would definitely be in favor of a package charter deal to some of the Belt schools.
    check your messages.

Z

Already booked room near Fayetteville. Haven't decided whether to fly in to Bentonville or drive.

Would like to make the K-State trip too, but will have to wait to see how work schedule pans out. I made the last trip, stayed in KC night after game & caught Chiefs/Broncos game the next day.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    ---Hammer surely you are not insinuating that members of the US Military would actually partake of professional services rendered by these ladies but would only mingle for the purposes of rehabilitation of their ways!!!

UL Football Re: Travelling with UL football

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post

I think EVERY SINGLE CAJUN fan should be planning on going to this one! Mobile is too close NOT to go see us play in this one.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Travelling with UL football

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    I think EVERY SINGLE CAJUN fan should be planning on going to this one! Mobile is too close NOT to go see us play in this one.
    Yes sir, you are totally correct here ... we will (we better) help them set a single game attendance record, beat them and then get our final NO Bowl invite (as a SB member)!

Just kidding about the invite; I haven't looked at the schedule to see where this game sits BUT I would be very happy with the final SB rep in the NO Bowl part.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hopefully we will have the New Orleans Bowl invite long before this game. The game is the first weekend in December. We have a group of about 45 going. We are spending Friday night in New Orleans (to practice for the New Orleans Bowl) then heading over on Saturday to watch the Cajuns whoop up on the Jaguars.

Geaux Cajuns

Thanks for the heads up......Although I will not be going I am super excited because both of these games are really winnable!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast