_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Travelling with UL football

  1. #1
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Travelling with UL football

    Guys Rusty mentioned in his interview on Cajun Redzone Radio last Thursday that we need to start traveling like a big time program.

    We have two big away games the first two games of the season.

    Fayetteville, AR and Manhattan, KS

    Hammer 58 and myself are going to K state.. Flight out Friday the 6th one stop in Dallas, rental car, and room for two nights is approx. 650 per person.

    You can drive it, but its about 12 hours both ways.

    We are staying in Junction City about 12 miles away... I found that the better hotels that still had vacancies in Manhattan had a NO cancel policy.. be aware of that.

    Manhattan KS is a small town, K stAte is a hot ticket, rooms are filling up fast. If you dont want to stay in a roach motel you might want to act now.

    Just an FYI... again be aware of the NO Cancellation policy at some of the hotels in the area.

    Hope to see you guys on the road. Let me know if you are going to K state. There was a crew that we entertained back in 09'(?) ... we treated them really well and they want to reciprocate.. He'll welcome all comers.


    Z


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brownsville, TX
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    I want to go to the ark game like you wouldn't even believe. But I have to go to a wedding, but the grooms an ark grad, so it should be fun


  3. #3
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,345

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I want to go to the ark game like you wouldn't even believe. But I have to go to a wedding, but the grooms an ark grad, so it should be fun
    ---Thinking about flying into Tulsa and driving to Fay-ville for the Arky game---driving back to Tulsa for a business meeting and onto Manhattan for the K-STATERS-flying back from the closest airport to Laffy--did I just type Laffy??? Did we decide to do that or not??? Lafayette

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,332

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Wife and I most likely going to game in bowling green to see us play WKU. Taking the week off for vacation. Driving up to Gatlinburg for a few nights, then over to WKU, corvette plant, start heading back home.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,370
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    My group of four will be in fayetteville for the arkansas game.

    Also, planning on going to the south alabama game.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,610

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Is there a way that someone can create a charter package? Leave on Friday afternoon,return on Sunday. Lots of schools have groups that offer packages that include charter flight, dinner at a resturant on Fri., game tickets and charter bus transportation all for one price.

    Do we any one that could organize this. This would be great for big games and games in big cities like Atlanta and Miami.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Guys Rusty mentioned in his interview on Cajun Redzone Radio last Thursday that we need to start traveling like a big time program.

    We have two big away games the first two games of the season.

    Fayetteville, AR and Manhattan, KS

    Hammer 58 and myself are going to K state.. Flight out Friday the 6th one stop in Dallas, rental car, and room for two nights is approx. 650 per person.

    You can drive it, but its about 12 hours both ways.

    We are staying in Junction City about 12 miles away... I found that the better hotels that still had vacancies in Manhattan had a NO cancel policy.. be aware of that.

    Manhattan KS is a small town, K stAte is a hot ticket, rooms are filling up fast. If you dont want to stay in a roach motel you might want to act now.

    Just an FYI... again be aware of the NO Cancellation policy at some of the hotels in the area.

    Hope to see you guys on the road. Let me know if you are going to K state. There was a crew that we entertained back in 09'(?) ... we treated them really well and they want to reciprocate.. He'll welcome all comers.


    Z
    I'm planning to go to Kstate. I couldn't get time off for Arkansas, plus the game was in Fayetteville (harder to get to). I don't where I'm staying yet, but I have family in Wichita in case I can't find anything closer.

  8. #8
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Guys Rusty mentioned in his interview on Cajun Redzone Radio last Thursday that we need to start traveling like a big time program.

    We have two big away games the first two games of the season.

    Fayetteville, AR and Manhattan, KS

    Hammer 58 and myself are going to K state.. Flight out Friday the 6th one stop in Dallas, rental car, and room for two nights is approx. 650 per person.

    You can drive it, but its about 12 hours both ways.

    We are staying in Junction City about 12 miles away... I found that the better hotels that still had vacancies in Manhattan had a NO cancel policy.. be aware of that.

    Manhattan KS is a small town, K stAte is a hot ticket, rooms are filling up fast. If you dont want to stay in a roach motel you might want to act now.

    Just an FYI... again be aware of the NO Cancellation policy at some of the hotels in the area.

    Hope to see you guys on the road. Let me know if you are going to K state. There was a crew that we entertained back in 09'(?) ... we treated them really well and they want to reciprocate.. He'll welcome all comers.


    Z
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! I didn't look closely at e itinerary. Junction City is the camp town right outside of Ft. Riley. Spent the summer there in '79 for Army advanced camp. It'll be like old times! We'll have to take a tour of town on Friday night to see if the hookers are using the same street corners.

  9. #9
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! I didn't look closely at e itinerary. Junction City is the camp town right outside of Ft. Riley. Spent the summer there in '79 for Army advanced camp. It'll be like old times! We'll have to take a tour of town on Friday night to see if the hookers are using the same street corners.
    HAHA!! It took you a while to figure that out!!! I had seen that, just waiting for your reaction!

    Z

  10. #10
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Is there a way that someone can create a charter package? Leave on Friday afternoon,return on Sunday. Lots of schools have groups that offer packages that include charter flight, dinner at a resturant on Fri., game tickets and charter bus transportation all for one price.

    Do we any one that could organize this. This would be great for big games and games in big cities like Atlanta and Miami.
    I believe we did this for stAte a few years back.. I think it was straight up and straight back. I wouldnt be opposed to doing something like that. Might be up to our alumni assoc to look into.

    Z

  11. #11
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    My group of four will be in fayetteville for the arkansas game.

    Also, planning on going to the south alabama game.
    Thats a long haul to Fayetteville. Beautiful area, you'll dig it. If the game was in Little Rock we'd be good as its only a 6 hr drive. Hogs arent stupid, they want every bit of home field advantage they can get against us. Good Luck with that, Hogs.


    Z

  12. #12
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Wife and I most likely going to game in bowling green to see us play WKU. Taking the week off for vacation. Driving up to Gatlinburg for a few nights, then over to WKU, corvette plant, start heading back home.
    Andre', never made that trip. I know some who have and they said its really cool. If you are lucky you'll get to meet the famous, "Dahbeed"...

    Z

  13. #13

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    I know myself and at least 1 other go to one, if not both, of the major games every year. I would love to go to both Arkansas and K-State, however; I think we will only be able to make the Arkansas game.

    I would definitely be in favor of a package charter deal to some of the Belt schools.


  14. #14
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    I know myself and at least 1 other go to one, if not both, of the major games every year. I would love to go to both Arkansas and K-State, however; I think we will only be able to make the Arkansas game.

    I would definitely be in favor of a package charter deal to some of the Belt schools.
    check your messages.

    Z

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Already booked room near Fayetteville. Haven't decided whether to fly in to Bentonville or drive.

    Would like to make the K-State trip too, but will have to wait to see how work schedule pans out. I made the last trip, stayed in KC night after game & caught Chiefs/Broncos game the next day.


  16. #16
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,345

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! I didn't look closely at e itinerary. Junction City is the camp town right outside of Ft. Riley. Spent the summer there in '79 for Army advanced camp. It'll be like old times! We'll have to take a tour of town on Friday night to see if the hookers are using the same street corners.
    ---Hammer surely you are not insinuating that members of the US Military would actually partake of professional services rendered by these ladies but would only mingle for the purposes of rehabilitation of their ways!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,332

    UL Football Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Also, planning on going to the south alabama game.

    I think EVERY SINGLE CAJUN fan should be planning on going to this one! Mobile is too close NOT to go see us play in this one.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,836

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Travelling with UL football

    Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    I think EVERY SINGLE CAJUN fan should be planning on going to this one! Mobile is too close NOT to go see us play in this one.
    Yes sir, you are totally correct here ... we will (we better) help them set a single game attendance record, beat them and then get our final NO Bowl invite (as a SB member)!

    Just kidding about the invite; I haven't looked at the schedule to see where this game sits BUT I would be very happy with the final SB rep in the NO Bowl part.

  19. #19
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Hopefully we will have the New Orleans Bowl invite long before this game. The game is the first weekend in December. We have a group of about 45 going. We are spending Friday night in New Orleans (to practice for the New Orleans Bowl) then heading over on Saturday to watch the Cajuns whoop up on the Jaguars.

    Geaux Cajuns


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Craaawwwwley!
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Travelling with UL football

    Thanks for the heads up......Although I will not be going I am super excited because both of these games are really winnable!


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •