Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Campus 1901 - 02

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    Louisiana Campus Campus 1901 - 02



    Old Martin Hall 1901

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default


    College Avenue before it became University. The house in the background still sits on the corner of Johnston and University, and can be seen in the picture below.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    A view from the shadows of Old Martin Hall in 1901. It shows, among other things the circle drive when it was dirt. Students making their way down the walk from the corner of Johnston and University, University was renamed from its former name College Avenue.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Campus 1901 - 02

    Turbine, you entitle this the graduating class of '02, but I was told the first graduation was in 1904?
    Which is it?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Campus 1901 - 02

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Turbine, you entitle this the graduating class of '02, but I was told the first graduation was in 1904?
    Which is it?
    First graduation was 1904.

    The title is supposed to read "Campus" 1901 - 02

  6. #6
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,730

    Default Re: Campus 1901 - 02

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    First graduation was 1904.

    The title is supposed to read "Campus" 1901 - 02
    ---did we play LSU in '01 and '02---I had my grandpa's old LSU gumbo but don't know its present hiding place!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Campus 1901 - 02

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---did we play LSU in '01 and '02---I had my grandpa's old LSU gumbo but don't know its present hiding place!!!
    1902

    AND I stand corrected, IberiaCajun sent me a link, first graduation was 1903. Two year degree.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Campus 1901 - 02

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    1902

    AND I stand corrected, IberiaCajun sent me a link, first graduation was 1903. Two year degree.
    Woohoo! I got one correct! Not bad for an Iberia Parish high school grad!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,883

    Default Re: Campus 1901 - 02

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Woohoo! I got one correct! Not bad for an Iberia Parish high school grad!!
    LOL: some of the best people I know are from the 'Berry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •