UL's pitching rotation for this week's NCAA Regional Tournament in College Station, Texas, isn't set in stone yet.

But if the Ragin' Cajuns use the rotation from the past few weekends ... and if they beat Ohio State in the opening round ... and if top-seeded Texas A&M beats Le Moyne in its opener - the tournament-host Aggies could see a familiar face on the mound for the Cajuns in a Saturday winners' bracket final.

In his sophomore season, one in which he earned Sun Belt Conference Pitcher of the Year honors and was named to two All-America teams, the gem of lefthander Hunter Moody's season may have come against Texas A&M. He threw a complete-game three-hitter in the Cajuns' 7-1 win over the then-15th-ranked Aggies in the Baseball Express Collegiate Classic in San Antonio.

"We don't know what's going to happen, but I'd like a second shot at them," Moody said of a possible matchup. "Obviously, they're a different team this year. If we do play them and if I'm up, I'll read the scouting report against them and go from there."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com