_ _ _ _

Thread: Baseball Unis?

UL Baseball Baseball Unis?

hey guys, im not a big fan of the sport of baseball, but i was watching highlights from the season on the news tonight, and i noticed that the team wore a different uniform every time they showed them. Im just wondering why is that? do they actually wear a different one in every game? i saw at least 7 different styles, from pin striped, to solid colors. Is this something everyone in baseball does, just college, or just us?

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Unis?

I think they have four to five different "standard" uniforms. They also had two "special" uniforms for fund raisers, which was an old time or throwback uniform and a military style "camo" uniform.

Default Re: Baseball Unis?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    I think they have four to five different "standard" uniforms. They also had two "special" uniforms for fund raisers, which was an old time or throwback uniform and a military style "camo" uniform.
    does everyone else do this?

Which part, the multi uniforms or the special fundraising ones?

Which part, the multi uniforms or the special fundraising ones?
    the multiple uniforms

I think its fairly standard, although BOP could give you a rundown. You'd think there would typically be three, but you have midweek games to consider. It seems there would also be multiples of light/dark configurations in case of conflicts with opponents uniforms. Again, this is all guesswork on my part, but I'm fairly sure I've seen at least five uni's this year just during home games.

thanks for the info

_ I think its fairly standard, although BOP could give you a rundown. You'd think there would typically be three, but you have midweek games to consider. It seems there would also be multiples of light/dark configurations in case of conflicts with opponents uniforms. Again, this is all guesswork on my part, but I'm fairly sure I've seen at least five uni's this year just during home games. _
    I am not totally sure about other universities, other than what comes into the Tigue for three games at a time, but i think most teams will have a couple pairs of pants that they alternate out with 2-3 jerseys, and maybe a couple hats. In ther majors, they generally all wear 3 jerseys. the Astro's, for example, have a regular home white with pinstripes, a road grey road jersey, and a third dark reddish jersey that they'll wear for night games or on Sunday's.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ I am not totally sure about other universities, other than what comes into the Tigue for three games at a time, but i think most teams will have a couple pairs of pants that they alternate out with 2-3 jerseys, and maybe a couple hats. In ther majors, they generally all wear 3 jerseys. the Astro's, for example, have a regular home white with pinstripes, a road grey road jersey, and a third dark reddish jersey that they'll wear for night games or on Sunday's. _
    I know this is petty, but the Astros have five jerseys. Home white pinstripe, home all white, road grey, and two red jerseys (one that says Houston and one that says Astros) Just to make sure we are correct...haha.

It's very common in the college game to have multiple uniform combinations. We even did it in high school. We had the following to work with:

black jersey
    gold jersey
    white pinstripe vest
    white pinstripe pants
    plain white pants
    black socks
    gold socks
    black belt
    gold belt

And of course, being extremely superstitious baseball players, once one combo started working you could throw the other ones out until it was time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan
    _ I know this is petty, but the Astros have five jerseys. Home white pinstripe, home all white, road grey, and two red jerseys (one that says Houston and one that says Astros) Just to make sure we are correct...haha. _
    Now that you mention it, I can see the white pins and all whites. and the red ones with Houston are for road and Astros for home, makes sense.

The baseball team has 8 different styles of jersey and 7 styles of pants with 3 different hats. (We also had 2 special uniform jerseys made this year camo & throw back), we also have 2 sets of uniform accessories (belts, socks, & undershirt) red and black. We try to wear white uniform pants at home with the various tops we have and we try to wear grays on the road we have 3 set of grey uniforms. The uniforms worn on game day are chosen by the equipment manager and then gets approval from coach robe. Also depending on the situation we may wear a particular uniform based on if we are on a winning streak or if a starting pitcher is superstitious. By wearing the different uniforms throughout the year we do not have the wear and tear on the uniforms and they will last a lot longer. We have more uniforms than most college teams and our equipment manager takes real pride in making sure our uniforms are cleaned and free of dirt and grass stains.