Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana vs Middle Tenn / Game 3

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana vs Middle Tenn / Game 3

A little over 4 runs a game in a three game series in a small ballpark is NOT going to get you many wins. With that said, our bullpen was high school.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Could be true, but the ONLY untouchables in that athletic complex are HUD and Lotief.
    No one is untouchable. Some just have a little more leeway.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    No one is untouchable. Some just have a little more leeway.
    Correct.

Z

I didn't think we would go up to Middle and take 3...but I would have bet money that we wouldn't get swept.

Let's see it this team is solid enough to pull itself up and go take one in Hammond...or if it will wilt up and go get its butt kicked like last year's team.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I missed every game this weekend. What the heck happened to these guys? I thought Middle was like a .500 team.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I missed every game this weekend. What the heck happened to these guys? I thought Middle was like a .500 team.
    Starting pitching was a bit off...then bullpen came in each game and made things worse. Lack of timely hitting. Only 4.3 runs scored per game. We made Middle look waaaaay better than they actually are.

Hopefully, we bounce back Tuesday night. Keep in mind, though, that the Lions have won something like 7 straight against us...so that won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    A little over 4 runs a game in a three game series in a small ballpark is NOT going to get you many wins. With that said, our bullpen was high school.
    And our starting pitchers, other than Wilson, were equally as bad as the bullpen. Team lost all 3. I believe I am correct in saying that more runs were scored on the starters than any relief pitcher. Looked like a high school team across the board this weekend. We had chances all weekend to score runs as well and couldn't get it done. Also several more errors in the field this weekend. Looks like the team bought in to the hype of how good and strong they were supposed to be in conference. Hopefully this is a wake up across the board; players(all), coaches(all) and fans(all) alike.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We need to quit sniffing the Top25. Every time we do the fumes seem to make us woozy and we play like crap.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You're right, but there is no way I'm going to stop sniffing glue again.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    You're right, but there is no way I'm going to stop sniffing glue again.
    This is what happens when u step up in compitition. And MT is starting to get it going. Bad combination for us. Are we better than last year...absolutely. Are we there yet...no.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Have we beaten S'Eastern in the last 5 years???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I didn't think we would go up to Middle and take 3...but I would have bet money that we wouldn't get swept.

Let's see it this team is solid enough to pull itself up and go take one in Hammond...or if it will wilt up and go get its butt kicked like last year's team.
    Hope I'm wrong but I don't see us beating southeastern. And the WKU won't be no slouch either they sweep middle last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I know we have a pretty good record, but lets not get carried away. We haven't exactly played a tough schedule thus far. I'm not saying we are not good, but we have only beat 2 teams that currently have a winning record - 1 of which is 1 game above 500 - and the other is a few games above 500 but has played an easier schedule than we have.

All I am saying is before we say this team shouldn't lose to Middle, lets get a few weekends into conference and see how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2bag View Post
    I know we have a pretty good record, but lets not get carried away. We haven't exactly played a tough schedule thus far. I'm not saying we are not good, but we have only beat 2 teams that currently have a winning record - 1 of which is 1 game above 500 - and the other is a few games above 500 but has played an easier schedule than we have.

All I am saying is before we say this team shouldn't lose to Middle, lets get a few weekends into conference and see how they are doing.
    Agreed, hopefully this weekend was just an aberration of sorts. They may not be as good as we thought heading into the weekend but I also don't think they are as bad as they played this weekend. They really had not been tested on the road outside of USM so hopefully this was simply growing pains. A win against SLU would be a good way to right the ship!

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    And our starting pitchers, other than Wilson, were equally as bad as the bullpen. Team lost all 3. I believe I am correct in saying that more runs were scored on the starters than any relief pitcher. Looked like a high school team across the board this weekend. We had chances all weekend to score runs as well and couldn't get it done. Also several more errors in the field this weekend. Looks like the team bought in to the hype of how good and strong they were supposed to be in conference. Hopefully this is a wake up across the board; players(all), coaches(all) and fans(all) alike.
    The bullpen was bad all weekend. Dont get me wrong we didnt hit a lick, but the bullpen gave up 17 runs this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    The bullpen was bad all weekend. Dont get me wrong we didnt hit a lick, but the bullpen gave up 17 runs this weekend.
    We got exposed on a few things this weekend all at the same time. Knew this stretch was gonna be tough...getting swept isn't good at all. Hopefully we regroup quickly

Need to fight back and grab a VERY HARD win tomorrow night. Get back on track....Take 2 from WKU this wknd would be huge. These next 4 games could determine our season, it's early, but you'll be able to tell the fight in these guys and see if this team is what it is on paper...

Not exactly like playing helpless ULM..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2