_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demoralized

Default Demoralized

I found out our young ladies are human and simply got tired of hearing how good they wil be next year. FOURTY-SIX WINS and fans are talking next year last month.

This is so COOL Re: Demoralized

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason
    _ I found out our young ladies are human and simply got tired of hearing how good they wil be next year. FOURTY-SIX WINS and fans are talking next year last month. _
    I have to believe you are talking tongue in cheek. At least I hope so. No doubt what goes on the field has a lot more to do with their attitude than on message boards.

If not we got bigger problems than maturity.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Demoralized

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ I have to believe you are talking tongue in cheek. At least I hope so. No doubt what goes on the field has a lot more to do with their attitude than on message boards.

If not we got bigger problems than maturity. _
    Ditto that.

Default Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason
    I found out our young ladies are human and simply got tired of hearing how good they wil be next year. FOURTY-SIX WINS and fans are talking next year last month.
    I can't understand why you feel demoralized.

Particularly when the girls ARE still in the post season and have battled back to tie the current game.

And as good as things are, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having something to look forward to.

If you let what is said on the message boards bother you...

Default Re: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    _ I can't understand why you feel demoralized.

Particularly when the girls ARE still in the post season and have battled back to tie the current game.

And as good as things are, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having something to look forward to.

If you let what is said on the message boards bother you... _
    As I have said on this board and other places, I believe it is disrespectful to the current players for fans to be CONSTANTLY talking about how good next year's team is going to be while this year's team is still playing. By doing so, you make this year's team an afterthought and you send the message that the players coming in next year will have a greater impact than those who are leaving after this season. While I don't think that there is anything wrong in thinking it, even saying it privately, I just don't see how productive it can be to be sending that message out to where the players are barraged with it.
    Now, I don't know where Diapason got his/her information about how the players feel about this, but I would be interested to know what the players say/think/feel, from their own mouths, about what people are saying about next year's team.

I just have to say this. Go take a nap already. If you think for one minute that this or any other team will lose its focus because of a message board than you have no confidence in your coach or the teams ability to focus on the task at hand. I think this team has more things to worry about than a stupid message board. NOW GO TAKE A NAP

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    _ I just have to say this. Go take a nap already. No.

If you think for one minute that this or any other team will lose its focus because of a message board You seem to think that what happens on the message board stays on the message board.

than you have no confidence in your coach or the teams ability to focus on the task at hand. I have already praised our coaching staff both publicly and privately for what they do. They are truly among the best in the country.

I think this team has more things to worry about than a stupid message board. It's not what they may just happen to read on a message board, but the constant barrage of the same story they hear day in and day out, over and over, again and again from people who say how good somebody else is.

NOW GO TAKE A NAP. NO! _

Default Re: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh
    _ As I have said on this board and other places, I believe it is disrespectful to the current players for fans to be CONSTANTLY talking about how good next year's team is going to be while this year's team is still playing. By doing so, you make this year's team an afterthought and you send the message that the players coming in next year will have a greater impact than those who are leaving after this season. While I don't think that there is anything wrong in thinking it, even saying it privately, I just don't see how productive it can be to be sending that message out to where the players are barraged with it.
    Now, I don't know where Diapason got his/her information about how the players feel about this, but I would be interested to know what the players say/think/feel, from their own mouths, about what people are saying about next year's team. _
    I've talk to the coaches personally, I can tell you and Diapson that you are both way off base. But I would incourage you to talk to the players and coaches when they return. I don't care how many times you have stated it on the board, it doesn't make it correct.

I am not saying that maybe someone on that team might read some of this but trust me this team is focused on the task at hand and not affected by words on a message board. I would hope your coach is has got them more prepared than that.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    I am not saying that maybe someone on that team might read some of this but trust me this team is focused on the task at hand and not affected by words on a message board. I would hope your coach is has got them more prepared than that.
    where ya been? We missed you.

Z.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...705190334/1006

Funny, Stef Lotief has no trouble talking about the future!

Z.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...705190334/1006

Z. _
    Z, B66 is right, the team and Stef are not affected by talk of next year. If anything, it helps in advertising our program, might make a player or two step it up... but it has nothing to do with distracting this team. They are in pure game mode, operating at their best, and the chips are falling where they may. Stef and company are not novices at this routine.

_ http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...705190334/1006

Z. _
    Is LOL funny Marinari and Lotief really want to talk about next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Z, B66 is right, the team and Stef are not affected by talk of next year. If anything, it helps in advertising our program, might make a player or two step it up... but it has nothing to do with distracting this team. They are in pure game mode, operating at their best, and the chips are falling where they may. Stef and company are not novices at this routine.
    Its just the fact that its coming from B66? Thats whats wierd???

wow

Z.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LSU Bob
    _ Is LOL funny Marinari and Lotief really want to talk about next year. _
    Entirely different reasons... LOL.

Is LOL funny Marinari and Lotief really want to talk about next year.
    Bob, I have tried to stop being in attack mode all the time when LSU guys show up, so Im giving you the benefit of the doubt.

What is the connection between Lotief and Marinari?

Z.

What is the connection between Lotief and Marinari?

Z. _
    Don't play the dumb _______ they both want to forget their troubles and don't mind talking about next year. In other words they are looking ahead.

_ Don't play the dumb _______ they both want to forget their troubles and don't mind talking about next year. In other words they are looking ahead. _
    Except that Lotief's team is IN the NCAA Regionals and Maineri's team is is struggling just to get into their conference tournament (with a small chance of getting into post-season this year).

Blog Entries

_ Don't play the dumb _______ they both want to forget their troubles and don't mind talking about next year. In other words they are looking ahead. _
    That was real nice. Again, different reasons. I'll help you out. Marinari is a new coach and needs to look ahead. With the attendence in huge decline, and a lot of people in BR screaming about the fall from grace, he needs to start the talk of a new year. Completely understandable.

Stef, on the other hand, has her team in regional play, and is not in trouble with the fans or under any administrative pressure. Stef is not making news by talking about next year. She is responding to the huge news of the legimate impact of some incoming people on next year. That news is being created by the media, not Stef. She isn't "forgetting any troubles".

I am watching your softball team Z. When I was at Tech in the early 80's didnt the Lady Techsters have a good softball team. I wonder what happened to that program? I have really been getting into watching these games on TV. It makes me really wish Tech would invest more into getting their team a little more competitive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast