_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Baja Sports Grill targets UL fans

  1. This is so COOL Baja Sports Grill targets UL fans


      Mike Scelfo is trying something new, something he hopes will catch on with sports-oriented adults and their children in Lafayette.

    Scelfo, a former UL Ragin' Cajun football player, runs three day care centers in Lafayette as well as a drug screening company in Baton Rouge. When he turned his attention to the restaurant business, he had a special focus in mind.

    The result is the Baja Sports Grill, which is scheduled to open May 23 on Bertrand Drive across from the UL Athletic Complex.

    "We wanted to make this a place for (UL) alumni to come visit and tell stories, to bring their kids before and after athletic events," Scelfo said. "That's where we want to go with it."

    Scelfo also has a business partner for the first time, local attorney Charlie Brandt.

    "Charlie's so laid back, a super guy," Scelfo said. "He's probably the best guy to be a partner with."


    The rest of the story



    Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,088

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Great!!!!!!!!! Let's support them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    _ Great!!!!!!!!! Let's support them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _
    I'm ready, let's do it!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,098
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Will Check out.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    1,275

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    That shopping center has been itching for a Cajuns supported bar. I realize that Legends is down the street, but I always imagined a larger building, a bunch of taps, etc. If Scelfo's idea doesn't work out, I would love to start a restuarant/Cajuns bar. I always thought the Luther's location would be best.

    You could do plenty of Cajuns promotions. If the Cajuns win, $1.00 domestic draft. Plenty of appetizers, etc.

    I like Pete's and all, but we need a true Cajuns bar. There is LSU ______ all over Pete's!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,478

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    _ That shopping center has been itching for a Cajuns supported bar. I realize that Legends is down the street, but I always imagined a larger building, a bunch of taps, etc. If Scelfo's idea doesn't work out, I would love to start a restuarant/Cajuns bar. I always thought the Luther's location would be best.

    You could do plenty of Cajuns promotions. If the Cajuns win, $1.00 domestic draft. Plenty of appetizers, etc.

    I like Pete's and all, but we need a true Cajuns bar. There is LSU ______ all over Pete's! _
    Luther's would be a great cajun sports bar but they wanted a rediculous amount for the lease. A wing place got the lease, i think its WOW wingery. It was started in slidell or someone near there and now they are all over the country. I know its going to be a chain but if i was the owner of it i would deck it out in cajun gear. I am excited about seeing this new place the Baja Beach Grill though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    1,275

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    _ Luther's would be a great cajun sports bar but they wanted a rediculous amount for the lease. A wing place got the lease, i think its WOW wingery. It was started in slidell or someone near there and now they are all over the country. I know its going to be a chain but if i was the owner of it i would deck it out in cajun gear. I am excited about seeing this new place the Baja Beach Grill though. _
    Yeah, I heard about WOW. It's called World Of Wings Cafe & Wingery. They would be silly not to deck that place out in Cajuns stuff considering the location. I still would love to start something there. I'm not sure a chain will last...

    They have a terrible site though...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,570

    UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    _ Yeah, I heard about WOW. It's called World Of Wings Cafe & Wingery. They would be silly not to deck that place out in Cajuns stuff considering the location. I still would love to start something there. I'm not sure a chain will last...

    They have a terrible site though... _
    WOW, lacks a lot IMO. High prices, and other issues. The one in my town as no local decor, unlike Rasin Cane....

  9. Default Baja Beach Grill targets Acadiana sports fan


      LAFAYETTE, La. -- Mike Scelfo is trying something new, something he hopes will catch on with sports-oriented adults and their children in Lafayette.

    Scelfo, a former UL Ragin' Cajun football player, runs three day care centers in Lafayette as well as a drug screening company in Baton Rouge. When he turned his attention to the restaurant business, he had a special focus in mind.

    The result is the Baja Beach Grill, which is scheduled to open May 23 across from the UL Athletic Complex.

    "We wanted to make this a place for (UL) alumni to come visit and tell stories, to bring their kids before and after athletic events," Scelfo said. "That's where we want to go with it." Scelfo also has a business partner for the first time, local attorney Charlie Brandt.

    "Charlie's so laid back, a super guy," Scelfo said. "He's probably the best guy to be a partner with."

    The property, formerly another restaurant, came open in February and the enterprise has been on the fast track since then.

    The rest of the story






  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Imagine my surprise when I opened the Lake Charles American Press this morning to find an article about the Baja Beach Grill. It was quite a surprise to me. It was in the "Metro-State" section of the paper. It bought a smile to my face. I also saw that it was in the Times-Picayune today as well. I really hope to check this place out whenever I come to Lafayette.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,098
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Football Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    I had the opportunity to eat at Baja Beach Grill it was a pre-opening get the kinks out type event.

    The food was awesome, there are UL related murals all over the place, TV after endless TV showing sporting events.

    I had a chance to talk to Mike Scelfo and told him I would try to get him some UL related pictures.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    1,275

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ I had the opportunity to eat at Baja Beach Grill it was a pre-opening get the kinks out type event.

    The food was awesome, there are UL related murals all over the place, TV after endless TV showing sporting events.

    I had a chance to talk to Mike Scelfo and told him I would try to get him some UL related pictures. _
    If you go again soon, try to get some picutures of the joint, for those of us interested but no longer live in Lafayette.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I had the opportunity to eat at Baja Beach Grill it was a pre-opening get the kinks out type event.

    The food was awesome, there are UL related murals all over the place, TV after endless TV showing sporting events.

    I had a chance to talk to Mike Scelfo and told him I would try to get him some UL related pictures.
    Went by today and there was a line a long way outside, I don't know when it opens but I am dying to go.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,098
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    _ If you go again soon, try to get some picutures of the joint, for those of us interested but no longer live in Lafayette. _
    There are UL murals all along the right side between every TV.

    Baja Beach Grill opens to the public today at 11am.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,239

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    There are UL murals all along the right side between every TV.

    Baja Beach Grill opens to the public today at 11am.
    Ate Lunch there today. Very impressed with the food.

    They have a hot line that serves plate lunches and a big enough menu to fit whatever mood you're in.

    The house was pretty full, but I had no problem getting a seat at the bar.

    I can't wait to see what kind of business it does after a home game.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    between the new "wow" restaurant and the baja grill, that area should be fun for all sporting events. the more sports bars the better!... competition is good.....go cajuns!


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    How is the food?


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    _ Ate Lunch there today. Very impressed with the food.

    They have a hot line that serves plate lunches and a big enough menu to fit whatever mood you're in.
    _
    Did't read far enough, would still like verification.

  19. #19
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,769

    Default Re: Baja Beach Grill targets UL fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun
    How is the food?
    Foods not bad. Had a chance to eat lunch there last Monday with Guru. Met Mr Scelfo (owner)... a super nice guy. He asked questions about our service, quality of the food served etc.

    We gave honest answers. I believe he said he had met w/ some personnel from the athletic dept, and some Cajun gear/memorabilia would be arriving for display shortly.

    Mr Scelfo was quick to pt out that it would take a few weeks to work any kinks out of their system, so if you go and something isnt quite right or up to your expectations...let em' know... They are sincere in wanting this to be a gathering place for Ragin Cajun fans, and sports fans in general.

    In the future, there will be a karaoke night, comedy night, etc...

    Maybe he can get Poo Poo Boudreaux to do a comedy night??

    Z.

    mais, it feel like ahm flyin....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •