_ _ _ _

Thread: Congratlations to the Babb-Phillips Families

Blog Entries

This is so COOL Congratlations to the Babb-Phillips Families

Seems everyones favorite quaterback is getting married. I really respect the institution of marraige so I want to offer my congratulations. Here is the story and link that Glen Raggio sent me.

Jerry Babb and Marielle Phillips

LAFAYETTE - Marielle Elizabeth Phillips and Jerry Bernard Babb of Lafayette will unite in marriage on June 30, 2007 at St. Edmond Catholic Church with the Rev. Joseph O. Breaux officiating.

The bride-to-be is the daughter of Wynn and Joyce Phillips. She is the granddaughter of Edwin and Geraldine Phillips of Lafayette and the late William and Joan Lang of Longmont, Colo. She is a graduate of St. Thomas More Catholic High School and a senior at the University of Louisiana's School of Psychology. Marielle will begin her graduate studies at UL Lafayette in the Counselor Education Program in the fall.

The groom-elect is the son of Richard and Debra Babb of Lafayette. He is the grandson of the late Jerry and Billie Jo West of Natchitoches and the late Loiston and Lillian Babb of Cecilia, La. Jerry is a graduate of St. Thomas More Catholic High School and a senior of the University of Louisiana, pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree. link

Default Re: Congratlations to the Babb-Phillips Families

Speaking of Jerry, I got a chance to talk to him twice over the past week. His family will all be together to watch the draft (mainly on Sunday). The Green Bay Packers have expressed a good bit of interest in Jerry and could possibly sign him after the draft if Jerry goes undrafted.

And the Saints, yes the Saints, have also expressed interest in possibly bringing Jerry in.

As neat as it would be to see Jerry as a Saint, we all know he'd be a third stringer with Brees and that other guy in there. I'd rather see him go to a team that might use him higher than a 3rd stringer. just my 2 cents.

Congrats to Jerry and Marielle

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!

4. Default Influence of a teacher never comes to end

I've always believed that good teachers are a national treasure, that they matter, and that we should celebrate them.

I recently saw in the paper that former UL quarterback Jerry Babb was graduating and getting married. I've never met Babb, but I was reminded that I knew his grandmother very well.

Babb's grandmother was Billie Jo West, and she was a teacher in DeRidder in 1963, my senior year.

I was a terrible student. Finished last in a class of 137. But for some reason Jo West took an interest in me.

The rest of the story

That's great for him. I wish him all the best. June 30 is right around the corner so I know what he's going through. I am getting married the week after. So much to do and so many decisions.