Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cajun Baseball vs RCAF

Default Re: Cajun Baseball vs RCAF

Lets start a new athletic foundation that answers only to its members.

Also take into account that these "old farts" are prominent business leaders and figures in the Acadiana Community. I've met John Bordelon, Mark Judice and Ken Ardoin and these aren't head in the sand clueless men. I agree that it appears things have slowed down activity wise but remember.....they also have to deal with the University and as everyone on this board knows, that can be a tall mountain to climb just to get a paper clip. So before everyone starts getting the minute men together and calling for heads to roll, understand that these members are highly successful and respected men in the community and i feel that they have deserved said respect. JMO

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree changing the leadership of the "Board" (again I do not think they are a board) will not solve any of the problems. Just shuffling chairs. Part of the problem is there is probably no full time staff dedicated to RCAF. They are probably either probably part of the Athletic department or the UL Foundation. This is major problem in my opinion. You can not serve two masters.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I agree changing the leadership of the "Board" (again I do not think they are a board) will not solve any of the problems. Just shuffling chairs. Part of the problem is there is probably no full time staff dedicated to RCAF. They are probably either probably part of the Athletic department or the UL Foundation. This is major problem in my opinion. You can not serve two masters.
    Pretty sure its a non-profit. And if its a non-profit, pretty sure it has to have a board.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Pretty sure its a non-profit. And if its a non-profit, pretty sure it has to have a board.
    It is part of the UL Foundation it is not a separate 501c3. It is a committee of the UL Foundation they have no power unless the UL Foundation Board approves what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It is part of the UL Foundation it is not a separate 501c3. It is a committee of the UL Foundation they have no power unless the UL Foundation Board approves what they are doing.
    Oh, ok. Now I'm getting your point.

I wish I could sign up for the Diamond Club online. Where can I go to sign up in person? I don't like snail mail.
    If I do register in person, do I get all my swag then or do they have to mail it to me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3