Thread: The Sun Belt ...

UL Baseball The Sun Belt ...

has a chance to score some RPI points tonight ...

Vanderbilt (bRPI 1, aRPI 2) at Middle Tennessee (bRPI 74, aRPI 86)
    A win here could solidify MT in the Base RPI Top 75.

LSU (bRPI 35, aRPI 34) at New Orleans (bRPI 96, aRPI 96)
    A chance for UNO to move towards the Base RPI Top 75.

ULM (bRPI 72, aRPI 76) at Southern Mississippi (bRPI 36, aRPI 36)
    This is mostly a wash for the Cajuns - except in the case where someone falls into or out of a ranking tier. But it would be slightly more beneficial to the Cajuns if USM wins.

South Alabama (bRPI 110, aRPI 111) at Alabama (bRPI 65, aRPI 66)
    USA needs to climb back into the Base RPI Top 100. This would improve UL's record against the Top 100 an impressive 19-7.

Brian

UL Baseball Re: The Sun Belt ...

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    has a chance to score some RPI points tonight ...

Vanderbilt (bRPI 1, aRPI 2) at Middle Tennessee (bRPI 74, aRPI 86)
    A win here could solidify MT in the Base RPI Top 75.

LSU (bRPI 35, aRPI 34) at New Orleans (bRPI 96, aRPI 96)
    A chance for UNO to move towards the Base RPI Top 75.

ULM (bRPI 72, aRPI 76) at Southern Mississippi (bRPI 36, aRPI 36)
    This is mostly a wash for the Cajuns - except in the case where someone falls into or out of a ranking tier. But it would be slightly more beneficial to the Cajuns if USM wins.

South Alabama (bRPI 110, aRPI 111) at Alabama (bRPI 65, aRPI 66)
    USA needs to climb back into the Base RPI Top 100. This would improve UL's record against the Top 100 an impressive 19-7.

Brian
    Middle Tennessee knocked off Vanderbilt 11-8 tonight.
    South Alabama leads Alabama 5-3 in the bottom of the 9th. the Jaguars entered the inning with a 5-2 lead.

I am assuming that LSU at New Orleans was rained out since there are no score reports.

Brian

Middle Tennessee knocked off Vanderbilt 11-8 tonight.
    South Alabama leads Alabama 5-3 in the bottom of the 9th. the Jaguars entered the inning with a 5-2 lead.

I am assuming that LSU at New Orleans was rained out since there are no score reports.

Brian
    South Alabama held off Alabama 5-4.
    Southern Mississippi rocked ULM 16-4.

A good night for the Sun Belt.

Wichita State is locked in a tight battle with a 110 Adjusted RPI Kansas team. A loss for the Shockers and the Cajuns could pass them in the RPI. However, WSU has rallied for single runs in the seventh and the eighth innings to take a 2-1 lead.

Blog Entries

_
    Overall yes. Except perhaps for the game you called a wash as far as UL wishes are concerned.

I would say it was a good night for UL. Yes?

Default Re: The Sun Belt ...

Just thought I'd let y'all know that UNO beat LSU 5-4. I'm sure that'll help us too.

God Bless

Great night for the Sun Belt, beating 3 SEC teams.

Middle had a season high 1,879 people at the game...

Baseball must not be a big deal over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Overall yes. Except perhaps for the game you called a wash as far as UL wishes are concerned.

I would say it was a good night for UL. Yes?
    I think that despite ULM getting shelled, a victory over the #1 ranked team in the land (#2 aRPI) and a South Alabama victory over Alabama makes it a good night. And yes, a very good night for UL as they moved up to #12 in the SEBaseball.com Adjusted RPI.

Add in that New Orleans knocked off LSU and you have a winning night.

Brian

South Alabama held off Alabama 5-4.
    Southern Mississippi rocked ULM 16-4.

Wichita State is locked in a tight battle with a 110 Adjusted RPI Kansas team. A loss for the Shockers and the Cajuns could pass them in the RPI. However, WSU has rallied for single runs in the seventh and the eighth innings to take a 2-1 lead.
    BTW, despite Wichita State winning, the Cajuns still surpassed Wichita State in the Adjusted RPI.

The Cajuns now have a Base RPI of 16 (.6001) and an Adjusted RPI of 12 (.6055). And as I alluded to earlier, some of these Sun Belt wins helped Cajun opponents either jump into the next RPI tier or solidify their positioning.

South Alabama ascended into the Base RPI 100 with their win over Alabama. Unfortunately, Louisiana Tech dropped just outside the Top 100 and is sitting at 104. But the Cajuns still picked up another win against the Base RPI Top 100 and are 17-7 against this group of teams.

New Orleans' win over LSU vaulted their Base RPI to 79, easily within striking distance of the Top 75. Middle Tennessee came off of the Base RPI Top 75 ledge and moved to 66 (Adjusted RPI is 70).

These are all important as it affects the Cajuns' record against the Base RPI Top 50/75/100, which is used as a metric in determining entry into the field of 64 and seeding.

Brian

A trend upward without swinging a bat. I like that. Maybe we can sneak up on the Sundevils and win a game or two before they understand what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    A trend upward without swinging a bat. I like that. Maybe we can sneak up on the Sundevils and win a game or two before they understand what just happened.
    The Cajuns certainly have their work cut out for them. ASU has won 16 of their last 19 games and has an 8 game winning streak. The Sun Devils have not lost a series since losing 2/3 to Long Beach State in early March (ASU won the opener and two of the games were one run affairs).

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Middle had a season high 1,879 people at the game...

Baseball must not be a big deal over there. _
    It's not near as big here as it is in Lafayette. However, we have had some horrible weather for our home games, until last night. We may have had about 5 home games when it wasn't freezing cold or raining.

Our attendance will improve drastically with our new stadium next season.

The weather up your way and KY and Carolinas has been dreadful. The folks that went to our series there say they were the coldest games they can remember, about 35 and "breezy" on that Friday in mid March. Spring is right around the corner.

This is so COOL Re: The Sun Belt ...

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider
    _ It's not near as big here as it is in Lafayette. However, we have had some horrible weather for our home games, until last night. We may have had about 5 home games when it wasn't freezing cold or raining.

What will be the maximum crowd when completed? Looks great, wish Robe had some state money to totally renovate the Tigue.

It's not near as big here as it is in Lafayette. However, we have had some horrible weather for our home games, until last night. We may have had about 5 home games when it wasn't freezing cold or raining.

That is going to be an outstanding facility. I love the old clock(s) outside the stadium.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Middle had a season high 1,879 people at the game...

Baseball must not be a big deal over there. _
    They don't have the "Fabulous Cajun Chicken"

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    _ What will be the maximum crowd when completed? Looks great, wish Robe had some state money to totally renovate the Tigue. _
    It will seat approx. 2700, expandable. That's about all that we will need, I think.

No state money was used for this venture. It was a capital campaign, but some city money was used. The city donated a about a million, because this is how we got the spring sports state championships for baseball.

The city donated another $4 million or so for our new Track/Soccer Complex for the "Spring Fling" as well.

_ It will seat approx. 2700, expandable. That's about all that we will need, I think.

No state money was used for this venture. It was a capital campaign, but some city money was used. The city donated a about a million, because this is how we got the spring sports state championships for baseball.

The city donated another $4 million or so for our new Track/Soccer Complex for the "Spring Fling" as well.

_
    Perhaps I should have said public money. In other parts of the world locals do most things, in Louisiana almost everything is filtered through the state in one way or another.