Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Designated RCAF fund

Default Re: Designated RCAF fund

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Well as a UL alum, athletic booster and RCAF member I feel that the AD does, in a sense, work for me and therefore I have every right to voice my opinion on his qualifications.

You are really starting to sound like the rest of the old time administration apologists.
    Hammer,

I'm sorry you are starting to feel that way, but if you knew me you would know that I have no link to the past administration and only an extremely casual connection to the present administration. I too am a UL alum, booster, RCAF member and former Student Equipment Manager for the football team in my previous life. However, on this issue I don't see it the way most on this board seem to.

There is no doubt we all have the right to voice our opinions on anything. However, our opinions may not always be correct. I respect everyone's opinion, as I hope you might respect mine. Sometimes we will just have to agree to disagree! Agreed?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I'm sure glad that the company that I work for doesn't let folks on message boards determine who is and who is not qualified to work for my company!
    The RCAF is composed of individual shareholders. I am one of those, and they do not need to send the minutes. Still as a shareholder there should be some level of accountability to the shareholders, not that propaganda pamphlet they have.

I would consider what they give out to be the equivalent of an insurance brochure you picked up at The Good Neighbor office. Nice but you better read and understand the policy they send you.

Of course some simply spread your cheeks wide and pray for lubricant.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The RCAF is composed of individual shareholders. I am one of those, and they do not need to send the minutes. Still as a shareholder there should be some level of accountability to the shareholders, not that propaganda pamphlet they have.

I would consider what they give out to be the equivalent of an insurance brochure you picked up at The Good Neighbor office. Nice but you better read and understand the policy they send you.

Of course some simply spread your cheeks wide and pray for lubricant.
    I agree with everything you said! I think it would be very beneficial if there was more direct communication from the administration and RCAF. I think there is certainly room for improvement in that regard.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    If softball was in such a poor position with finances concerning coaching salaries....Why weren't the customers/supporters asked to help? They asked the football supporters for the supplement plan!
    This is NOT true. THEY did not ask anyone. The nutritional supplement fund is the independent idea of T Boy Hebert. He created it; he solicits funds for it, he collects money for it, and he sends out monthly newsletters about the program and its results. Neither RCAF nor the AD's office has jack to do with this program. [Unless you count the fact that the funds are funneled through RCAF for tax reasons.]

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This is NOT true. THEY did not ask anyone. The nutritional supplement fund is the independent idea of T Boy Hebert. He created it; he solicits funds for it, he collects money for it, and he sends out monthly newsletters about the program and its results. Neither RCAF nor the AD's office has jack to do with this program.
    And you might ask T-Boy why he handles this and not the administration.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I know why without asking. He knows if he does it, it will be done and be done right and timely. If they do it.... well, they won't do it.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Seems to be a common theme.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This is NOT true. THEY did not ask anyone. The nutritional supplement fund is the independent idea of T Boy Hebert. He created it; he solicits funds for it, he collects money for it, and he sends out monthly newsletters about the program and its results. Neither RCAF nor the AD's office has jack to do with this program. [Unless you count the fact that the funds are funneled through RCAF for tax reasons.]
    I get more regular communication from T-Boy as a result of the small amount I donate to the supplement fund than I do from my larger donations to RCAF.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I get more regular communication from T-Boy as a result of the small amount I donate to the supplement fund than I do from my larger donations to RCAF.
    You make a fine point, Hammer.

I haven't even gotten any RCAF renewal info yet, via email or snail mail.

This is a clown show.

T-boy is like clock work.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    If softball was in such a poor position with finances concerning coaching salaries....Why weren't the customers/supporters asked to help? They asked the football supporters for the supplement plan!
    I'm beginning to think that they're afraid that earmarked contributions will reduce contributions to the general fund that they can use to do anything they want. I understand that fear if they want to use football to get into another conference with revenue potential.

But I think if someone took the time to explain that the softball program can't continue at this level without paying salaries that their peers make, they would contribute over and above the general fund contributions.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Why not hire some workers to actually "CALL" members and "THANK THEM" for being a member and tell them that it is renewal time and ask if they would want to renew at a higher level for better parking etc. or to just maintain their present level---would you like to put it on the same credit card!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH--maybe I go back to work in an emeritus position somewhere at this school!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Why not hire some workers to actually "CALL" members and "THANK THEM" for being a member and tell them that it is renewal time and ask if they would want to renew at a higher level for better parking etc. or to just maintain their present level---would you like to put it on the same credit card!!!
    That is just crazy talk Boomer.

You can't ask anyone to make 8 calls a day, 5 days a week 50 weeks out of the year.

j/k

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Oh T-Bine just your replies put my mind in action---We could get a volunteer group to spend a week of nights at the phone bank at the Alumni office and have some refreshments for the callers each night with some guests chefs' (Z's gumbo comes to mind) food!!! We choose the people we might know better to call---My HS uses this and I get my call EVERY YEAR for the last 50 (Not Kidding) Always very casual and I haven't missed a year although the contributions were not very high in my coaching years!!!

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is just crazy talk Boomer.

You can't ask anyone to make 8 calls a day, 5 days a week 50 weeks out of the year.

j/k
    I can just see some guy in Delhi making the call..."Hello kind Sir, my name is Gaston from Geydan. May I kindly be bothering you to talk about the most wonderful RCAF?"

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Why not hire some workers to actually "CALL" members and "THANK THEM" for being a member and tell them that it is renewal time and ask if they would want to renew at a higher level for better parking etc. or to just maintain their present level---would you like to put it on the same credit card!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH--maybe I go back to work in an emeritus position somewhere at this school!!

I received a thank you call from Ken Winstead last month. It was to thank me for renewing my RCAF donation. I was contacted via email in mid January.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I received a thank you call from Ken Winstead last month. It was to thank me for renewing my RCAF donation. I was contacted via email in mid January.
    I have heard good things about Ken Winstead.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

When I was doing fundraising I had the board members call all donors over a certain amount and staff or students would call the others. I know the RCAF would not go for this because they are afraid they will be asked tough questions. Granted we only had about 50,000 living alumni but we had more donors than RCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have heard good things about Ken Winstead.
    So have I. Does anyone know who was responsible for bringing Mr. Winstead to UL?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    So have I. Does anyone know who was responsible for bringing Mr. Winstead to UL?
    I would hope it was Scott Farmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2