Thread: Group of Five Playoff Revenue

Default Group of Five Playoff Revenue

The "group of five" conferences are working to finalize a three-tier playoff revenue distribution system that rewards the conference with the best team and the conference with the best overall performance, CBSSports.com has learned.
    Link to CBS Article

So it seems each conference gets a base cut of the revenue. The second payout is based on a conference's body of work, followed by another slice of the pie going to the conference with the highest ranked team in the group of five.

With this revenue sharing blueprint (and no further conference moves), I think it's very important to keep the SBC small. Less mouths to feed, and a better chance of having a stronger conference.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Group of Five Playoff Revenue

I agree. I wonder if any rules of distribution will be drafted according to conference member numbers? We definitely DO NOT want to add more mouths that are upstarts in football, at this time, if we can avoid it. To ADs, they talk to other ADs and believe these other programs are "not all that bad"... when they consider the overall metrics. But, in the national athletic system mindset, if you are a fledgling football program... you are dismissed as a fledgling.

It's odd that the MWC doesn't demand a better deal in this. I guess they figure they'll get their lion's share via the "best team" and "best overall performance".

Also, be aware that a per conference split has not been signed yet.

Every league is larger than the Sunbelt, so they could all vote for a conference split modified to some extent by the number if teams in your league.

As of right now, if all things hold. It is better for the SBC to stay at 8 FB playing schools.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Also, be aware that a per conference split has not been signed yet.

Every league is larger than the Sunbelt, so they could all vote for a conference split modified to some extent by the number if teams in your league.

As of right now, if all things hold. It is better for the SBC to stay at 8 FB playing schools.
    Might still be wise to get that 9th team in just for scheduling purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Might still be wise to get that 9th team in just for scheduling purposes.
    I like the 10 team 9 game format like the Big 12 (10?). Play everyone, and if the Big 12 gets their exemption to have a championship game with 10 teams, follow suit in the Sunbelt.