Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: R.C.A.F. Q&A

Blog Entries

Default Re: R.C.A.F. Checking the Temperature

It seems there is a trend . . .

People who are included or feel included are comfortably calm and confident.

People who are excluded or feel out of the loop are antsy and agitated.

Just like belly buttons an innie can never explain to an outie what it feels like to be an innie. And from afar outies can see things an innie cannot comprehend.

Time to restructure the RCAF

New RCAF Levels
    $0.00-$9.99- Party Crasher Level
    Thinks master plan is to tailgate and not attend game.

$10.00-$19.99- Party Crasher Level 2
    Thinks master plan is to tailgate and and bum a ticket to the game.

$20.00-$99.99- Party Crasher Level 3
    Thinks master plan is to tailgate , buy a ticket to the game then leave at halftime.

$100.00-$249.99- Tailgate and Wait
    Tailgate, have a goodtime, discuss waiting for the master plan.

$250.00-$499.99- Tailgate and Wait & Leave
    Same as tailgate and wait except you can leave the parking lot
    and return as often as you want.

$500.00-$999.99- Hoover Level
    Unlimited suck up to someone who has seen the master plan

$1000.00-$4999.99- Apologist Level
    Knows where the plan is.

$5000.00-$9999.99- Cronies level
    Has seen the plan

$10,000.00 and up- Heavy Back Pocket Level
    Has touched the plan

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post

New RCAF Levels

Thinks master plan is to tailgate , buy a ticket to the game then leave at halftime.

Knows where the plan is.

Has seen the plan

Has touched the plan
    +1 Thats about where we are at.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post

New RCAF Levels

Knows where the plan is.

Has seen the plan

Has touched the plan
    Now THAT is a plan...

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Now THAT is a plan...
    So finally we have a plan to see the plan. About time... HA

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: R.C.A.F. Checking the Temperature

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I am in the Sales/Marketing business, I need no lessons on the definition of Marketing. This idea of painting the admin out to be a villain does not count as Marketing my man, neither does your post. I'm sorry but dropping some of your season tickets does nothing to help this University.

Like I said before, final tweaks are being made and final decisions are being made. When they are forced to work with the already tight budget that they do, they can't just throw out this grand master plan without thinking every step through. Again, once the plan is released, alot of this "dropping tickets" talk will go away and there will undoubtebly be more donations flowing in.

I understand the frustrations of everyone, and I'm not really trying to call out people for being bandwagon fans, just stating that they aren't going to release every bit of info along the way.
    Unfortunately the university does not get it like a private company. I am retired from a major insurance company. I was routinely checked for customer service on all my contacts with them. Now some companies are not pro active and only start to worry when sales fall off. The withdrawal of sales, known as reduction to RCAF, and season tickets is our only way to get these guys attention.

I get you point, but it is misplaced. Fans who back ineffective leaders do nothing but perpetuate weakness. Buying tickets, giving to RCAF in great numbers regardless of failure, and lack of addressing said failures is in effect hurting the very people you think you are helping. Nobody gets better by saying we are doing everything we can without even checking with the customers about what and how they feel about things.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Now THAT is a plan...
    Forgot the first level
    $0.00-$0.00 "Used to be a fan but couln't wait on the Plan" Level
    Really are the man with the plan.It's posted on this board just give it a scan.
    Cared once but now don't give a damn.

Well, for one, this picture below has already been posted on UL's Master Plan website as well as this board. And I don't know if y'all realized what you are looking at in this picture... but its the Football stadium, this will be the view from Bertrand Dr. There will be a boulevard lined with trees that splits that gravel parking lot in half leading up to the grand entrance of the stadium. This is the view of the "building" that will be essentially attached to the backside of the current stadium. The lower levels will be mostly offices and what not but the top level will be suites and press boxes overlooking the field. It's a 100 yard long building, end zone to end zone.

Pretty nice if you ask me, if you look closely through the breezeway of this building you can see part of the Cajundome in the background. Other updates to the stadium are the same stuff we've all heard here before, they plan on bowling in one half of the stadium, the part over the tunnel, and possibly add a small upper deck to the student side. All I can tell you is that the images they have released are all apart of the whole master plan that does exist, and I don't think it's so much a "not getting it done in time" issue as it is a "let's make this as nice as possible before we release it" issue. Now, can we be friends again? I'm not the enemy, just a fellow fan.

I know most of you have already viewed the website but if you haven't check it out...  

Blog Entries

That picture was used to garner support for what would become known as the "academic only" "master plan" "student get"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That picture was used to garner support for what would become known as the "academic only" "master plan" "student get"
    Yes I know, but it's still a shot of Cajun Field. Just saying.

Well, for one, this picture below has already been posted on UL's Master Plan website as well as this board. And I don't know if y'all realized what you are looking at in this picture... but its the Football stadium, this will be the view from Bertrand Dr. There will be a boulevard lined with trees that splits that gravel parking lot in half leading up to the grand entrance of the stadium. This is the view of the "building" that will be essentially attached to the backside of the current stadium. The lower levels will be mostly offices and what not but the top level will be suites and press boxes overlooking the field. It's a 100 yard long building, end zone to end zone.

Pretty nice if you ask me, if you look closely through the breezeway of this building you can see part of the Cajundome in the background. Other updates to the stadium are the same stuff we've all heard here before, they plan on bowling in one half of the stadium, the part over the tunnel, and possibly add a small upper deck to the student side. All I can tell you is that the images they have released are all apart of the whole master plan that does exist, and I don't think it's so much a "not getting it done in time" issue as it is a "let's make this as nice as possible before we release it" issue. Now, can we be friends again? I'm not the enemy, just a fellow fan.

I know most of you have already viewed the website but if you haven't check it out... Juice, that is not the athletics plan...

Back to where we were last May: UL Master Plan ≠Athletics Master Plan ≠FACILITIES Master Plan.

I suspect that when they got the initial submittal at Thanksgiving, they took a couple of weeks to look over it. Then marked it up, said we do like this, or we don't like that, change this.....overhaul that.....etc...

Company in KC said ok....we will get back to it after the new year. Now.....I'm KNOW that admin has felt the grumblings from the anxious/restless donors and I am hoping they have turned up the heat on the folks in KC to spit something out QUICK.

I've seen the entire Master Plan in person, and it's beautiful. It just needs a few more tweaks before they release it for the entire public to see. When they do, you all will be happy and forget any of these stupid ___ threads ever existed.
    How did you happen to see the unfinished plan? Are you playing a role in its development?

Will you tell us what are some the elements in the (unfinished) Master Plan that impressed you the most?

Please spend sometime focusing on the stadium expansion. Timeline?

I realize that some of what you saw may change or be tweaked, but unless you were asked not to reveal anything, please share what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Juice, that is not the athletics plan...
    I know that website isn't the "athletics" plan, I was pointing out that, this one picture is actually a drawing of what they expect Cajun Field to look like from Bertrand.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I know that website isn't the "athletics" plan, I was pointing out that, this one picture is actually a drawing of what they expect Cajun Field to look like from Bertrand.
    No, that is Steve Oubre's rendering of HIS vision for Cajun Field; the reality will be nothing like that.

Blog Entries

Yes I know, but it's still a shot of Cajun Field. Just saying.
    Bait and switch aside there is nothing wrong with the rendering, I love it.

I look forward to the real deal.

why have i not heard of a single mentioning of this elevated tram on the campus the past 3 semesters?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They need my money so much it's almost February and I have received nothing from rcaf about renewal.
    Hmm.... I got a 'call' from a nice young lady to confirm my renewal about a month ago..Unless it was some 'scammer' that just wanted my CC number..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Hmm.... I got a 'call' from a nice young lady to confirm my renewal about a month ago..Unless it was some 'scammer' that just wanted my CC number..lol..
    So they only need your rcaf money???? I don't get your point. If anything, that means they just are half fumble i n g it. There are only 1800 members, how hard can that be to send out renewal forms? No, they just assume I'm gonna willingly go back to Reinhardt and track down the lady who will take my check. Instead of sending out a flyer trying to convince me how important it is I continue donating and consider increasing. Now I don't really need this as most on here don't either. I don't think all 1800 rcaf members are on here. It's just aggravating that they put out minimum effort but expect the fans to give maximum dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If YOU have seen the Master Plan wtf hasn't it been publicly revealed to the rest of us?
    I thought I read where he said there were still a few more tweaks that are needed before it is ready for public view. I know we all want to see it and think it is way overdue, but I'd prefer everything be complete when I see it rather than seeing an incomplete plan and then additional work is needed that involve more delays.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4