Thread: RCAF Website vs. LSU A&M TAF Website vs. LA Tech Athletic Foundation Website

Default RCAF Website vs. LSU A&M TAF Website vs. LA Tech Athletic Foundation Website

I keep going to the RCAF website to get updates on events and anything going on and it just seems like we do the very least just to get by. So I went to the LSU A&M TAF website to compare their website to ours and it was pretty eye opening...... Here is their website link, take the time and go to RCAF and TAF and compare the differences.
    www.lsutaf.org
    [url]www.rcaf.louisiana.edu

Please compare the two

I even went to LA Tech's Athletic Foundation website and it has way more information than ours, although some things on their site looks just like ours....... Benefit Chart......

In the height on recruiting and we are trying to get the best recruits, you don't think these kids and their parents don't go the the Athletic Foundation Websites........... And their websites are linked to other organizations, like I have stated before.

I thought we have the best Computer Science Department in the Nation at UL.........

Default Re: RCAF Website vs. LSU A&M TAF Website vs. LA Tech Athletic Foundation Website

Here is LA Tech's link to their Athletic Foundation Website
    http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...id=1&pgid=391&

Default Re: RCAF Website vs. LSU A&M TAF Website vs. LA Tech Athletic Foundation Website

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    I thought we have the best Computer Science Department in the Nation at UL.........
    I understand and agree with the gist of your post. As far as the computer science department in the Nation, at one time, perhaps. Now???? I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but ...

http://www.shanghairanking.com/SubjectCS2012.html
    http://www.usnewsuniversitydirectory...ce.aspx?page=2
    http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...systems?page=8
    http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~remzi/rank.html

Blog Entries

About five years ago Dr. Authement said in an interview that he didn't use a computer in his daily UL work. I think the greater topic was his dabbling in the stock market.

If I recall wrong please correct me.

Seems to me like this should have been (for the President of a University with a world renown computer science sept.) a firing offense after about 1984.

Really? I know Doc A bashing is fun but what does him using a computer or not have to do with anything. I know tons of people in business that still do not use computers and in 1984 I'm sure few people did. If you have a great music school must the Prez play an instrument?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    About five years ago Dr. Authement said in an interview that he didn't use a computer in his daily UL work. I think the greater topic was his dabbling in the stock market.

If I recall wrong please correct me.

Seems to me like this should have been (for the President of a University with a world renown computer science sept.) a firing offense after about 1984.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    . . . what does him using a computer or not have to do with anything. I know tons of people in business that still do not use computers and in 1984 I'm sure few people did. If you have a great music school must the Prez play an instrument?
    ?
    Thanks for the paradigm shift.

I recant.

I won't go into why I thought it was a bad thing, you changed my mind.

Thanks

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Really? I know Doc A bashing is fun but what does him using a computer or not have to do with anything. I know tons of people in business that still do not use computers and in 1984 I'm sure few people did. If you have a great music school must the Prez play an instrument?
    ?
    One could wonder if this though process might play a part in our program going down from it's once highly ranked position. It seems we lost ground in the national rankings when we were once in the top 10 in the country. I know we have the LITE center, but that doesn't seem to have a bearing on the program ranking.