Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RCAF Staff / Email Addresses Send them Your Ideas To Increase Donations

Default Re: RCAF Staff / Email Addresses Send them Your Ideas To Increase Donations

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I am now convivced that the reason you continue to call for us to go independent is you are up too late every night....
    Lol. I don't know WHEN Turbine sleeps. I'm 15 hours ahead of most everyone, and his posts are the only ones I see around 7:00 or 8:00 pm my time. I see his posts all hours of the day it seems.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RCAF Staff / Email Addresses Send them Your Ideas To Increase Donations

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Someone please correct me and tell me what I am missing.
    The reason they outsource the bigger fundraising initiative (as well as some other valuable consultative services) to an outside expert is... One, when the results of the personalized UL study are presented, it has 1000 times greater probability of being listened to, agreed upon, and the recommedations being followed by the UL power consortium. No individual employed at UL, even if they were a subject matter expert on fundraising, can take their recommendations to the UL power consortium... and sustain any traction. It takes an outside expert, unbiased and immune. Also, when you are contemplating something of this magnitude, that you must get right, or risk alienating your current and future private support resources, you cannot afford a misfire. The skills required are not germane to our UL employees' daily grind. It also doesn't require more than a few weeks exposure to the power consortium to become jaded... as we have seen from our past... and it definitely requires someone from outside of this state... with a great resume... to confront the consortium. Dallas is the financial and related software Mecca of the U.S. They have firms that could take UL... everything we think we know about ourselves... and provide back... in less than one month... 5000 times more relevant information than everyone at UL combined could hope to produce in their collective lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Lol. I don't know WHEN Turbine sleeps. I'm 15 hours ahead of most everyone, and his posts are the only ones I see around 7:00 or 8:00 pm my time. I see his posts all hours of the day it seems.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cut to the chase, hire a scheduling firm and go Independent.

Guys and Gals,
    It is time to take action and let all of our leaders know we are not satisfied.
    I emailed RCAF and the Alumni Association last week with my recommendations on how to improve, but fell on deaf ears. I thought it very odd that Mr. Shot Clock Keeper decided to respond from his maternity leave to address some of the items I had in my email to the RCAF, which I sent to all of them.
    Like one poster said in another thread, I don't think these people know how to use a computer.

We need to email the following with our concers:
    1. T-Joe
    2. Scott Farmer
    3. RCAF-I have indicated their email addresses on first post.
    4. Alumni Association

We cannot sit by and let this silence continue. I am ready to donate to RCAF............... and to the Alumni Association
    82Cajun
    Graduating Class of 1982 USL/UL

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    Guys and Gals,
    I emailed RCAF and the Alumni Association last week with my recommendations on how to improve, but fell on deaf ears. I thought it very odd that Mr. Shot Clock Keeper decided to respond from his maternity leave to address some of the items I had in my email to the RCAF, which I sent to all of them.
    Like one poster said in another thread, I don't think these people know how to use a computer.

1. T-Joe
    2. Scott Farmer
    4. Alumni Association

We cannot sit by and let this silence continue. I am ready to donate to RCAF............... and to the Alumni Association
    82Cajun
    I know you are trying to help and this isn't directed at you..,, but THEY DON'T CARE! They are content with where we are, as long as they get circle jerked by their cronies they are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The reason they outsource the bigger fundraising initiative (as well as some other valuable consultative services) to an outside expert is... One, when the results of the personalized UL study are presented, it has 1000 times greater probability of being listened to, agreed upon, and the recommedations being followed by the UL power consortium. No individual employed at UL, even if they were a subject matter expert on fundraising, can take their recommendations to the UL power consortium... and sustain any traction. It takes an outside expert, unbiased and immune. Also, when you are contemplating something of this magnitude, that you must get right, or risk alienating your current and future private support resources, you cannot afford a misfire. The skills required are not germane to our UL employees' daily grind. It also doesn't require more than a few weeks exposure to the power consortium to become jaded... as we have seen from our past... and it definitely requires someone from outside of this state... with a great resume... to confront the consortium. Dallas is the financial and related software Mecca of the U.S. They have firms that could take UL... everything we think we know about ourselves... and provide back... in less than one month... 5000 times more relevant information than everyone at UL combined could hope to produce in their collective lifetimes.
    Yeah, I would love for us to use Mr. BOB BEAUDINE and his firm BEAUDINE & EASTMAN.

Look at what he has done for numerous college programs and professional organizations. Right here from Dallas. He's a great guy. The RCAF staff should read his book, "The Power of Who".

Is it just me or does it seem like every time we need to get something done it is outsourced???

Need to hire a coach? Outsource it...

Need to get a plan together on stadium improvements??? Outsource it....

Need to raise funds??? Outsource it....

I mean dont we pay Farmer 6 figures? Arent all of these tasks in his job description as an AD?!?

I sure wish I could just outsource all of the tasks at my job even though they are the major things that are in my job description!!!

Not saying this would fix anything but couldn't Dr. Savoy just hire all of these third party companies himself and save $120k+ a year for the university???

Then they could give the saved money to Hud!

Someone please correct me and tell me what I am missing.
    Don't forget the outsourcing of marketing. We ended up with a flaming dildo as a mascot and have been taking it up the kisser by the admin.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Don't forget the outsourcing of marketing. We ended up with a flaming dildo as a mascot and have been taking it up the kisser by the admin.
    They misunderstood what UL asked for. UL said, "we need you to outsource and pick our mascot". They thought they were asked, "we need you to route sores and prik our fumble hot". And wallah... they gave us a red flaming pepper dildo. It was poor communication.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    They misunderstood what UL asked for. UL said, "we need you to outsource and pick our mascot". They thought they were asked, j"we need you to route sores and prik our fumble hot". And wallah... they gave us a red flaming pepper dildo. It was poor communication.
    Our PhD of smartass strikes again

Wow!!! Got any job openings at that company???
    Where I come from when someone gets paid 6 figures they actially have a job to do. Not just hirea company to do their job that they can either blame for a bad decision or take the credit for when something works out.
    Chevron uses a huge percent of contractors versus in house employees. Seems to work pretty well wouldn't you say? And who says these people who are employed directly don't do anything? Get your head out of the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Our PhD of smartass strikes again
    Bump...set...

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Chevron uses a huge percent of contractors versus in house employees. Seems to work pretty well wouldn't you say? And who says these people who are employed directly don't do anything? Get your head out of the sand.
    Chevron might contract work out, but I would be willing to bet the in house employees aren't just back at the office enjoying an afternoon elephant walk like this administration does.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    ...back at the office enjoying an afternoon elephant walk like this administration does.
    Elephant walk, bad memories

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Everyday i see how hard Chevron employees work. Sometimes it is painfully obvious to me when they call me at 2 in the morning when they are having problems with the tools that I support.
    At the end of the day Chevron employees have a 30, 000' hole drilled into the ground under 7, 000' of water in the middle of the GOM to show for their hard work. What does UL admin have to show right now 4 months after their self imposed deadline?

Still wanna compare UL admin to Chevron?!?!

I cant argue with your head in the sand comment. That was very insightful and definitely added substance to your post. /sarcasm off/

UL adminisration is now 4 months late on a DESIGN! At this point a 2 minute video of a make believe updated Cajun Filed would quiet down the fanbase. One similar to the U of H video I posted last week would be great.

A video with a donate button...

Everyday i see how hard Chevron employees work. Sometimes it is painfully obvious to me when they call me at 2 in the morning when they are having problems with the tools that I support.
    At the end of the day Chevron employees have a 30, 000' hole drilled into the ground under 7, 000' of water in the middle of the GOM to show for their hard work. What does UL admin have to show right now 4 months after their self imposed deadline?

Still wanna compare UL admin to Chevron?!?!

I cant argue with your head in the sand comment. That was very insightful and definitely added substance to your post. /sarcasm off/

UL adminisration is now 4 months late on a DESIGN! At this point a 2 minute video of a make believe updated Cajun Filed would quiet down the fanbase. One similar to the U of H video I posted last week would be great.

A video with a donate button...
    I see comprehension isn't your strong point. At what point did I compare Chevron to UL? After of fact, UL was never mentioned in my post. To sit back and say people who work for a company, that hire lots of contractors, don't do any work is a pretty out of touch statement. And no I don't work for one of these types of companies.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RCAF Staff / Email Addresses Send them Your Ideas To Increase Donations

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    Guys and Gals,

1. T-Joe
    2. Scott Farmer
    4. Alumni Association

82Cajun
    You are big time wasting your time writing to the Alumni Association!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2