Thread: Any restaurants in Acadiana to avoid?

Default Any restaurants in Acadiana to avoid?

I know to avoid the chains, but are there any places that ya'll would "not" recommend?

We will be in town early Saturday until Wednesday morn.

We hope to get out and do some tailgating. There are at least 2 MT RV's that will be staying right outside the Cajun Dome (somewhere). This is where we'll do our tailgating with RaisinCajun, BigEd, and others.

Hope to see all the other Cajuns that I have met, including CajunCharlie. We will be with RaiderDan of Hillbilly Hilton fame.

Staying in N'Awlins Thurs. and Fri.

Would love to have someone post some rec's over at our website, the BlueRaiderZone, at http://www.BlueRaiderZone.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any restaurants in Acadiana to avoid?

Black's in Abbeville . . .

They closed down

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Any restaurants in Acadiana to avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider
    I know to avoid the chains, but are there any places that ya'll would "not" recommend?

We hope to get out and do some tailgating. There are at least 2 MT RV's that will be staying right outside the Cajun Dome (somewhere). This is where we'll do our tailgating with RaisinCajun, BigEd, and others.

Hope to see all the other Cajuns that I have met, including CajunCharlie. We will be with RaiderDan of Hillbilly Hilton fame.

Would love to have someone post some rec's over at our website, the BlueRaiderZone, at http://www.BlueRaiderZone.com
    Definitely make the trek to Abbeville; Shucks, Riverfront, Richard's, Dupuy's, Comeaux's [for breakfast]. E-mail me, I'll give you my phone #. Be happy to show you around town, too. [Abbeville, that is.]

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Definitely make the trek to Abbeville; Shucks, Riverfront, Richard's, Dupuy's, Comeaux's [for breakfast]. E-mail me, I'll give you my phone #. Be happy to show you around town, too. [Abbeville, that is.]
    Ate at Riverfront last Friday. It was money. especially that fat peice of cheesecake afterward.

One place i might go, especially for breakfast, is the Mellow Joy Cafe' on Jefferson. they have great croissants and muffins and that sort of thing. they also have a good lunch menu.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Ate at Riverfront last Friday. It was money. especially that fat peice of cheesecake afterward.

One place i might go, especially for breakfast, is the Mellow Joy Cafe' on Jefferson. they have great croissants and muffins and that sort of thing. they also have a good lunch menu.
    Mello Joy's lunch menu is now VERY limited. Used to be great. Now pretty much all they do is a daily hot lunch special and pre-packed ham, turkey or roast beef sandwiches, a club salad and ceasar salad.

But their breakfast sammiches are good.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    Mello Joy's lunch menu is now VERY limited. Used to be great. Now pretty much all they do is a daily hot lunch special and pre-packed ham, turkey or roast beef sandwiches, a club salad and ceasar salad.

But their breakfast sammiches are good.
    That blows. Its probably all Uncle Ray's fault. when i was still in Lafayette last summer, i went and they had salads, wraps, sandwiches, etc. a pretty quality lunch.

Well, now that MJC has lost the lunch business, head over to Joey's. It's across the Bertrand from Cajun Field. they have a pretty nice selection of sandwiches, and some hot items too. also, if you get there by about 11:30, there is a place on University St. (From Cajun field, take a right on congress, go a mile or two, take a left on University, and about a mile down on your right) called Laura's II. Its a soul food house, and boy boy boy, its oh so good. but make sure you're there no later than 11:45 for sure, or it will get kinda backed up and you'll ahve to wait in line to order.

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider

I posted one in the basketball folder

www.paulspirogue.com

I hate to say this, but do not eat at Old Tyme Grocery. My secretary bit into a shrimp po-boy only to find that she had bitten a roach in half. I wish I was joking but I'm not. I used to love that place, but I'll never eat there gain! JMHO~

This is so COOL Re: Any restaurants in Acadiana to avoid?

I would definitely go to Prejean's................

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl
    I hate to say this, but do not eat at Old Tyme Grocery. My secretary bit into a shrimp po-boy only to find that she had bitten a roach in half. I wish I was joking but I'm not. I used to love that place, but I'll never eat there gain! JMHO~
    I think I'd still take the chance...

Dean-O's!!! Executioner, Marie Leveaux!!! I highly recommend.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by oddtbone
    I think I'd still take the chance...

Dean-O's!!! Executioner, Marie Leveaux!!! I highly recommend.
    seriously, Deano's kicks sss, there is no doubt.

Z.