_ _ _ _

Thread: Superbowl Commercials

This is so COOL Superbowl Commercials

The Superbowl has come and gone. We were treated to hard hits, dancing girls, and premature celebration. Of course, none of that happened during an obscenely boring game. I'm not here to talk about football, nor would I want to. I'm more interested in the commercials. You know, no matter how many football jerseys you buy or foam fingers you wave, you're interested in the commercials too. Over three decades ago Farrah Fawcett and Joe Namath started the trend that continues to this day. There were some decent additions to the lineup this year, but the overall state of Superbowl tv spots in 2007 was mediocre.

My personal Top 5 ads from this year's event are below, but before we get to the good let's address the mediocre. It's not that the commercials weren't there; it's simply that nothing felt like an event. I remember my father and I laughing and enjoying the commercials each year. With the overpriced ad space, and ridiculous asking prices from stars like Britney Spears, it appears the Superbowl TV spot has been toned down. Event spots like Mac's 84 unveiling are few and far between.

The rest of the story

By Steve West
    TV BLEND

Default Re: Superbowl Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    A few good ones this year but on the whole a very lackluster superbowl comercial lineup. My favorite had to be the Kevin Federline rapper\fastfood worker (Nationwide Insurance) commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    A few good ones this year but on the whole a very lackluster superbowl comercial lineup. My favorite had to be the Kevin Federline rapper\fastfood worker (Nationwide Insurance) commercial.
    The Budweiser commercials as a whole were pretty good. Overall these commercials were not as good in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal

It always seems that the better the game, the worse the commercials are.

The opposite is also true, the worse the game, the better the commercials are.

I think its just a matter of perception because no one really wants to think they've just wasted four hours of their life without something to show for it. i.e. Game sucks, well at least the commercials are good.

P.S. I liked the Garmin "Ultraman" bit and the Robert Goulet Emerald nuts

THe Snickers commercial at the very beginning of the game was great. Also good were the K-Fed one and the first Doritos commercial.

This is Upsetting Re: Superbowl Commercials

I hated how every 9 our of 10 commercials were for freaking CBS! That got old really quick. I liked all the Bud one's, the Snickers one and the Blockbuster one. We had more fun after the game drinking and trying to play games.

P.S. What happened to the Super Bowl?? Last time I checked, football was a burly, manly sport. I was not too fond of the Cirque du Soliel pre game show and the Prince halftime show. Both really boring to me. Let's have some rock bands or something better than what they had on there next year. I hate how it's so commercialized and poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander
    I hated how every 9 our of 10 commercials were for freaking CBS! That got old really quick. I liked all the Bud one's, the Snickers one and the Blockbuster one. We had more fun after the game drinking and trying to play games.

P.S. What happened to the Super Bowl?? Last time I checked, football was a burly, manly sport. I was not too fond of the Cirque du Soliel pre game show and the Prince halftime show. Both really boring to me. Let's have some rock bands or something better than what they had on there next year. I hate how it's so commercialized and poppy.
    I thought the same thing about having Prince. I'm a fan of 80's music not so much for Prince. Van Halen would have rocked the place. Who are they going to roll out next year? Boy George?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I thought the same thing about having Prince. I'm a fan of 80's music not so much for Prince. Van Halen would have rocked the place. Who are they going to roll out next year? Boy George?
    LOL "Do you really want to hurt me ...?" YES! This is football!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    LOL "Do you really want to hurt me ...?" YES! This is football!!!!
    Do you really want to make me cry?!"

Reebok needs to bring back the Terry Tate commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94 - Terry Tate Office Linebacker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EHhwxRls2Y - Terry Tate on Vacation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJOzE1GJWw - Terry Tate "Draft Day"

Watch them! You'll laugh till you fall over.