Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big East invites

Default Re: Big East invites

Heres's my crazy thoughts on what the Big East is doing. While they are saying they are building a national football conference, maybe they are building up another sport that is big on the east coast.

http://theshedsports.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    If you've tried to get to Greenville, NC, you'll know why the invite was football only.

Football teams can charter into Kinston, about 45 minutes away.

Just about everyone else has to fly to Raleigh and then drive 2.5 hours.

Travel would be really tough. CUSA members that have been affiliated with ECU can tell you that.
    You think Raleigh has direct to new Orleans? Or is it a regional airport? In case we play ecu in bowl game

If you've tried to get to Greenville, NC, you'll know why the invite was football only.

Travel would be really tough. CUSA members that have been affiliated with ECU can tell you that.
    Greenville's Airport is just as big as Kinston's. Also New Bern's...
    I lived in Havelock for 5 years.....a REAL DUMP!

Blog Entries

Tulane is in New Orleans. actual Market share resembles Pecan Island

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Tulane is in New Orleans. actual Market share resembles Pecan Island
    Water on both sides.

I also think at this point a CUSA and Sunbelt merger/partnership is not out of the question. End result would be a large conference with a possible BCS bowl tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by 03cajunalum View Post
    I also think at this point a CUSA and Sunbelt merger/partnership is not out of the question. End result would be a large conference with a possible BCS bowl tie-in.
    Why would CSUA merge? The can just pick off the teams they want and leave the rest behind. Unfortunately it doesn't matter that the Belt is better than CUSA in football and likely will be next year as well if everything stays as it is now. Better TV deals, better public perception and EVERY Belt school will bolt there if given the opportunity.
    The Belt's only hope is CUSA stays pat this year and gives the league another year to potentially change perceptions and come up with a plan to grow. If CUSA is smart the will pick what they want and kick the Belt back down. I hope they aren't smart, unless of course they want UL. I don't like the way I see it but thats the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Why would CSUA merge? The can just pick off the teams they want and leave the rest behind. Unfortunately it doesn't matter that the Belt is better than CUSA in football and likely will be next year as well if everything stays as it is now. Better TV deals, better public perception and EVERY Belt school will bolt there if given the opportunity.
    The Belt's only hope is CUSA stays pat this year and gives the league another year to potentially change perceptions and come up with a plan to grow. If CUSA is smart the will pick what they want and kick the Belt back down. I hope they aren't smart, unless of course they want UL. I don't like the way I see it but thats the way I see it.
    Wishful thinking on my part. History shows you are correct, but I'm hoping that the madness continues and CUSA realizes they're weak right now. I'm also hoping that for once the Sunbelt realizes its current strong position (which might not last very long) and strike while the iron's hot. A "truce" if you will.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

National media not impressed with th emoves by the Big East especially regarding the addition of toolame.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf..._river_default

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    National media not impressed with th emoves by the Big East especially regarding the addition of toolame.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf..._river_default
    I'm shocked at that. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    BUT, what would happen IFF the Sun Belt schools said NO? Where does CUSA go for teams then?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You think Raleigh has direct to new Orleans? Or is it a regional airport? In case we play ecu in bowl game
    What? Raleigh is a bigger city than NO and RDU is an international airport

Wrong on several counts. Raleigh is barely an hour from Greenville. It will be for all sports soon, now that Louisville has left. They blocked us all sports because we hate them and they hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofDwayne View Post
    What? Raleigh is a bigger city than NO and RDU is an international airport
    I've never been, that's why I was asking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2