Thread: Who's going to wait a while for Vista?

Default Who's going to wait a while for Vista?

I learned my lesson with XP. I'm going to wait probably until I need a new computer before getting Vista. Also I'm hearing that Vista will allow microsoft to look around in your computer and delete programs!

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Who's going to wait a while for Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I learned my lesson with XP. I'm going to wait probably until I need a new computer before getting Vista. Also I'm hearing that Vista will allow microsoft to look around in your computer and delete programs!
    I think that would be a smart thing 90. Often in the man made world the early bird does not get the worm, but the lemon.

Microsoft probing your computer and deleting programs could well be a legitimate devise for protecting their intellectual property. After all that is all that they are selling. If people do not like the conditions that come with their software they are free to use any number of other operating platforms and of course a Mac.

Default Re: Who's going to wait a while for Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    I think that would be a smart thing 90. Often in the man made world the early bird does not get the worm, but the lemon.

Microsoft probing your computer and deleting programs could well be a legitimate devise for protecting their intellectual property. After all that is all that they are selling. If people do not like the conditions that come with their software they are free to use any number of other operating platforms and of course a Mac.
    I would have to disagree with Microsoft probing your computer. I'm not a pirate and I don't use any bootleg software. I can understand them wanting to protect their intellectual property but this is going a bit to far. Police have to get a search warrent before searching your house, computer or IP. I smell a lawsuit. Actually you are pretty much stuck with Microsoft since they have a monopoly.

This is so COOL Re: Who's going to wait a while for Vista?

I would have to disagree with Microsoft probing your computer. I'm not a pirate and I don't use any bootleg software. I can understand them wanting to protect their intellectual property but this is going a bit to far. Police have to get a search warrent before searching your house, computer or IP. I smell a lawsuit. Actually you are pretty much stuck with Microsoft since they have a monopoly.

IMO we have zero expectation of privacy when we go on the internet. Your computer is probed every single time you go on the internet for any number of reasons both legit and non legit. In any case neither you nor I know the particulars of this so I would think it is just way too early to worry about. Our phony (a)ss ACU will make sure to protect you against evil corporate big brother if there is any legal way to do it. In any case I would be far more worried about the Vista glitches that will take months to years to fix. It would probably be a good idea to wait at least six months to get it, or a new computer if you can at all hold off.

As far them being a monopoly, that is just so much bs, there are several other operating systems, you have Apple as well. Apple allows you to have both of their system and microsoft at the same time. If you use Apple as I do, you will enjoy your computer a lot more than Mr. PC, at the same time you can use Microsoft for only those things you need them for.

As far them being a monopoly, that is just so much bs, there are several other operating systems, you have Apple as well. Apple allows you to have both of their system and microsoft at the same time. If you use Apple as I do, you will enjoy your computer a lot more than Mr. PC, at the same time you can use Microsoft for only those things you need them for.
    They control 90% of the worlds operating systems. That is a monopoly or very close to being one. I'm not going to get into the Apple vs. PC thing but I'm into gaming so the PC is the one for me.

They control 90% of the worlds operating systems. That is a monopoly or very close to being one. I'm not going to get into the Apple vs. PC thing but I'm into gaming so the PC is the one for me.
    Ah, gaming? Cannot comment about gaming, but you are right that would be PC. In the meantime I will enjoy not having to buy spyware and multiple firewwalls . Have fun at the Mexican thing on the North Shore. You still thinking of a crawfish boil? What did you think of my suggestion for the location?

Ah, gaming? Cannot comment about gaming, but you are right that would be PC. In the meantime I will enjoy not having to buy spyware and multiple firewwalls . Have fun at the Mexican thing on the North Shore. You still thinking of a crawfish boil? What did you think of my suggestion for the location?
    I think it is an excellent idea. Much better than the Northshore Mexican resturant thing. I still don't get that.

Hey, man, you gonna come over and join us? We welcome your company.

I think it is an excellent idea. Much better than the Northshore Mexican resturant thing. I still don't get that.
    My guess is that it is a good meeting location at a popular local restaurant. I've been to Carreta's many times and enjoy it. But I can see how someone might wonder "why not a Cajun/seafood place?" I think it is just a way to get started. I think a crawfish boil would, of course, be the ideal gathering point for Ragin' Cajun fans! I would hope that would be a follow-up to this coming event.

BTW, "NO" to Vista in the near future for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    My guess is that it is a good meeting location at a popular local restaurant. I've been to Carreta's many times and enjoy it. But I can see how someone might wonder "why not a Cajun/seafood place?" I think it is just a way to get started. I think a crawfish boil would, of course, be the ideal gathering point for Ragin' Cajun fans! I would hope that would be a follow-up to this coming event.

BTW, "NO" to Vista in the near future for me.

Late today news on CNBC, Microsoft Vista having problems with games, you and 90 are wise to wait. This will be huge news tomorrow. They are wondering what other programs the new OS might have trouble with.

Late today news on CNBC, Microsoft Vista having problems with games, you and 90 are wise to wait. This will be huge news tomorrow. They are wondering what other programs the new OS might have trouble with.
    When XP came out I bought the hype and went out and got it. Installed it and then boom half my apps didn't work and most of the games. This a pattern with Microsoft. They put something out not ready and let the consumers find problems then they release patches and service packs to fix them. I believe this is article you were talking about http://www.cnbc.com/id/16891052. Some are calling Vista a long suicide note for Microsoft.

My husband has worked with computers for 25 years and he is waiting because it's like a new model car you just never know.

honestly i have no desire to move up to vista, hate XP as it is, if i could run all these programs out of DOS i would, life was much simpler then, thinking about getting a mac again but since they switched to intel chips, and started being less innovative and more microsoft-like i dunno, guess ill wait a while and see

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    honestly i have no desire to move up to vista, hate XP as it is, if i could run all these programs out of DOS i would, life was much simpler then, thinking about getting a mac again but since they switched to intel chips, and started being less innovative and more microsoft-like i dunno, guess ill wait a while and see
    DOS? You really liked all those DOS commands?

DOS? You really liked all those DOS commands?
    thats what i learned on and yes, to me it was so much more stable, commands werent that complicated, my first computer didnt have a HD and you had to type in Basic programming for it to do anything so DOS commands were cake

When XP came out I bought the hype and went out and got it. Installed it and then boom half my apps didn't work and most of the games. This a pattern with Microsoft. They put something out not ready and let the consumers find problems then they release patches and service packs to fix them. I believe this is article you were talking about http://www.cnbc.com/id/16891052. Some are calling Vista a long suicide note for Microsoft.
    I bought a laptop in late november that is "VISTA READY" and Best Buy promised to upgrade me when it came out... but the sales person advised that I wait a couple of months before they do it...

"Let the suckers work out the bugs..." he said.

I can't disagree.