Thread: Cajuns Need To Get Excited

UL Basketball Cajuns Need To Get Excited

The way things have been going with the basketball team, IMO, is more mental than physical. This team played decently against better competition early in the season than they have recently. I know that the games early are also a reflection that those teams were not playing as well as they are capable. Still we also had young players and a team not used to playing with each other.

I think that if our team can forget about winning, and simply get excited about playing a game, then we will win our share of the rest. This weak presents an opportunity to regain some excitement by playing at home against teams also struggling to be excited about playing the game.

Clearly The General needs to get the troops head into this weeks games. Go have some fun, and take home a couple of desperately needed wins.

UL Basketball Re: Cajuns Need To Get Excited

I know when these players were recruited the could shoot. So is the touch being coached out of them or are they thinking to much.

I'll tell u "when its about the kids again".

Default Re: Cajuns Need To Get Excited

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    I know when these players were recruited the could shoot. So is the touch being coached out of them or are they thinking to much.
    Can you coach "natural" ability out of someone? I'll bet they are thinking waaaaay to much, maybe forcing the issue.

There is no denying these kids have talent. Many were BCS recruits that came here due to grades, etc.

Hpefully something will click sooner than later.

L'Ronte'

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    Can you coach "natural" ability out of someone? I'll bet they are thinking waaaaay to much, maybe forcing the issue.

There is no denying these kids have talent. Many were BCS recruits that came here due to grades, etc.

Hpefully something will click sooner than later.

L'Ronte'
    There is no doubt in my mind that the problem is mental, and i said so last week. This sort of thing happens all the time in sports. Last week, i recommended RL do like he did last year, and like someone here suggested, and take the thinking out of it. Just let them go out and ball. Only run simple plays and let them run around. These guys are probably already looking towards the off-season and just want to start next season. Something should be done to get them re-focused and have some fun. If it's let go on too far, then I would be worried that it could start some in-fighting, factions for/agaisnt Lee, etc. But, who knows, i am not there at practice and can't make any of the games.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    The way things have been going with the basketball team, IMO, is more mental than physical. This team played decently against better competition early in the season than they have recently. I know that the games early are also a reflection that those teams were not playing as well as they are capable. Still we also had young players and a team not used to playing with each other.

I think that if our team can forget about winning, and simply get excited about playing a game, then we will win our share of the rest. This weak presents an opportunity to regain some excitement by playing at home against teams also struggling to be excited about playing the game.

Clearly The General needs to get the troops head into this weeks games. Go have some fun, and take home a couple of desperately needed wins.
    I agree the kids are thinking too much and not playing for fun. If they change the mindset, things could improve.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Cajuns Need To Get Excited

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    I agree the kids are thinking too much and not playing for fun. If they change the mindset, things could improve.
    I agree, and there has also to be better communication out on the floor. It seems that since the new guys have been inserted the TEAM has all but died!

Lets GEAUX Cajuns!!!!!
    DaddyCajun