Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006: How Long can we go with Coach LEE

This is Upsetting 2006: How Long can we go with Coach LEE

Yeh the cajuns are young an inexperienced,but ever since coach Lee
    has backed into the position of being "the coach" there has not been to
    much evidence that he can.
    But considering how this area and university are scared of change,we will
    just let this team keep sinking further out of being considered a Sunbelt elite
    team.Losing to the COWGIRLS of Lake Charles,embarrassing.
    Someone must be held accountable and its Lee.No skills at all.

Default Re: How Long can we go with Coach LEE

The only reason i am replying to this post is to tell you how much of a know nothing fool you are

Quote Originally Posted by paulpaul2
    The only reason i am replying to this post is to tell you how much of a know nothing fool you are

i think he disagrees.

Give Lee a contract extension hes doing a fabulous job

Quote Originally Posted by ragin2112cajun
    Yeh the cajuns are young an inexperienced,but ever since coach Lee
    has backed into the position of being "the coach" there has not been to
    much evidence that he can.
    But considering how this area and university are scared of change,we will
    just let this team keep sinking further out of being considered a Sunbelt elite
    team.Losing to the COWGIRLS of Lake Charles,embarrassing.
    Someone must be held accountable and its Lee.No skills at all.

I know how you feel because I hate to lose & I have very little patience......But Coach Lee is building for a strong future and playing right now with basically a High School All Star team. We will see an above average team next year and we will be awsome the following year. Just keep a tight lip right now and start enjoying it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    I know how you feel because I hate to lose & I have very little patience......But Coach Lee is building for a strong future and playing right now with basically a High School All Star team. We will see an above average team next year and we will be awsome the following year. Just keep a tight lip right now and start enjoying it next year.
    Please tell me how you are so sure of that? McNeese which doesn't have a strong basketball tradition is also rebuilding.

Like I said on another page, the coaching is stinking up the place around here!

Give Lee a contract extension ASAP........

I'll tell u "when its about the kids again".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    Like I said on another page, the coaching is stinking up the place around here!
    Tell you what. YOU buy his contract out. Either do it or cut the cr.ap. We have established the fact that you are dissatisfied with the basketball program. WE ALL ARE.

I cant do anything about it. You sure as _____ cant do anything about it. Give it a rest. You're fixing to be categorized with that other "nut job" that runs around to all the other boards whining and crying about Bustle.

You make me tired. Being a free country you are entitled to your views. By the same token, I am entitled to ask you to "knock it off".

L'Ronte'

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    Tell you what. YOU buy his contract out. Either do it or cut the cr.ap. We have established the fact that you are dissatisfied with the basketball program. WE ALL ARE.

I cant do anything about it. You sure as _____ cant do anything about it. Give it a rest. You're fixing to be categorized with that other "nut job" that runs around to all the other boards whining and crying about Bustle.

You make me tired. Being a free country you are entitled to your views. By the same token, I am entitled to ask you to "knock it off".

L'Ronte'
    Ron Mexico you are the nut job if you don't think fans message boards are about complaing about the coaches etc... if things are going well. Perhaps you belong on the cult board where everything comes up rainbows after crushing defeats. You state you are dissatistfied with the basketball program. What do you think should be done?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58

I'm not arguing with this comment, because I hope it is true. But, what if two seasons from now (in which you said we will be awesome) we still can't win as we aren't winning now. Will the comments and opinions still be wait till next year? Or how about "wait till two years from now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_S_Cajun
    I'm not arguing with this comment, because I hope it is true. But, what if two seasons from now (in which you said we will be awesome) we still can't win as we aren't winning now. Will the comments and opinions still be wait till next year? Or how about "wait till two years from now?"
    I guess I was spoiled as a student I went through the Brian Mitchell years and caught the start of the Delhomme years as a grad student. We had some excellent basketball teams those years and if football was a disappointment we could always count on basketball but this year it seems we really suck. Call it coaching or recruiting but in the end it ends with Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I guess I was spoiled as a student I went through the Brian Mitchell years and caught the start of the Delhomme years as a grad student. We had some excellent basketball teams those years and if football was a disappointment we could always count on basketball but this year it seems we really suck. Call it coaching or recruiting but in the end it ends with Lee.

We had some good basketball teams the past few years. Lee's first year was a success. Been downhill since. Don't know if it his coaching, recruiting or what. I keep hearing everyone say that we'll be better next year. If that is true then why aren't we better this year than last year. I know we lost some players from last years squad and you can consider this year rebuilding. I accept that. Next year, if we aren't better, Lee has to go.

We had some good basketball teams the past few years. Lee's first year was a success. Been downhill since. Don't know if it his coaching, recruiting or what. I keep hearing everyone say that we'll be better next year. If that is true then why aren't we better this year than last year. I know we lost some players from last years squad and you can consider this year rebuilding. I accept that. Next year, if we aren't better, Lee has to go.

I agree totally. Firing a coach at the start of the season for us doesn't make since. Lighting a fire under his rear and letting him know he is under the gun is something fans should do. Blindly giving him praise and pointing out it will cost us money to get rid of him and then asking a fan to provide the money is stupid and unrealistic. If he doesn't produce there will be ten people in the Cajundome supporting the team which doesn't make economic since.

UL Basketball Re: How Long can we go with Coach LEE

It is hard to believe that we can defend the rebuilding of one athletic program for 4 years but we can not accept the rebuilding of another for 2-3.???????

No they won't.

This is Upsetting Re: How Long can we go with Coach LEE

So it looks like most fans buy into that coach Lee is bringing in top notch talent so our program has nothing to worry about.I have a hard time resting on that we have to wait on next year are the year after.Thats B.S. All of
    coach Lee's success has been off of coach Evans recruits.Lee in being handed
    those players showed me nothing in X's and O"s when it comes down to
    coaching fundamentals about basketball.A school with a great fan base,and awesome facilities,and a winning tradition will sit back and have the attitude
    of wait till next year.
    Going back to the coach,please someone point out that we have a coach
    who represents what and where we expect to be year end year out.
    Oh and to reply to some of those comments that Lee is doing great with
    recruiting,I don't buy into that,we were saying the same thing about Bustle
    and the jury is still out on him.
    And to that person who said I was a fool for even bringing this up,I sit
    in section 206 in the dome come introduce yourself.This is a public forum
    sorry if my opinion upsets you but atleast I have the concern and intrest
    to display my feelings about a once proud program that in noway reflects
    what it once was.MERRY CHRISTMAS and will see what LEE brings in the
    New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin2112cajun
    So it looks like most fans buy into that coach Lee is bringing in top notch talent so our program has nothing to worry about.I have a hard time resting on that we have to wait on next year are the year after.Thats B.S. All of
    coach Lee's success has been off of coach Evans recruits.Lee in being handed
    those players showed me nothing in X's and O"s when it comes down to
    coaching fundamentals about basketball.A school with a great fan base,and awesome facilities,and a winning tradition will sit back and have the attitude
    of wait till next year.
    Going back to the coach,please someone point out that we have a coach
    who represents what and where we expect to be year end year out.
    Oh and to reply to some of those comments that Lee is doing great with
    recruiting,I don't buy into that,we were saying the same thing about Bustle
    and the jury is still out on him.
    And to that person who said I was a fool for even bringing this up,I sit
    in section 206 in the dome come introduce yourself.This is a public forum
    sorry if my opinion upsets you but atleast I have the concern and intrest
    to display my feelings about a once proud program that in noway reflects
    what it once was.MERRY CHRISTMAS and will see what LEE brings in the
    New Year.

You can be banned from the Cult board for much less. I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I agree totally. Firing a coach at the start of the season for us doesn't make since. Lighting a fire under his rear and letting him know he is under the gun is something fans should do. Blindly giving him praise and pointing out it will cost us money to get rid of him and then asking a fan to provide the money is stupid and unrealistic. If he doesn't produce there will be ten people in the Cajundome supporting the team which doesn't make economic since.
    Do you like any of our coaches? Which ones do you like? That list might be shorter!

There are no gurantees in life, but I have been following UL Basketball since 1966 & do have a little bit of logic........

***I talk with an ex Cajun Basketball player every week or so at a local health club & he says Lee was the "go to guy" when Jesse was coach.......I still think he know's what he's doing

***We are thin right now because the "bad apples" were removed. One bad apple "can" spoil the whole bunch......I know this from playing on many teams over the years

***The young guys are good and getting a lot of experience right now. There are also several more awsome players in the works for next year.

We will get through this

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast