Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Athletic Master Plan - Football facility upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I've read the master plan.. my question is about dates. Obviously the south end zone is the only thing getting done this offseason. Is everything else planned for next year or will it be stretched out over several years?
    I'm sure it will take some time to raise that kind of money for the upper deck rebuild. I don't know where they hope to get that money from. If we get started on the upper deck next year I'm changing my Scott Farmer vote to an 11.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Athletic Master Plan - Football facility upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by NuForce View Post
    I watched Scott Farmer's video again regarding the master plan and different options. I was told by some "folks in the know" that many of the options have been decided, but not announced yet. Here are a few questions I have:

What options they picked for the various projects?

What is the construction schedule to the upper level of Cajun Field?

Also, has the plans for the Tigue Moore field renovations been made yet and put on the schedule?

Thanks,
    Nu
    My memory, and it is not worth watching again, is everything was pretty much set except what to do with the upper deck, remodel vs rebuild.

I would vote to rebuild because:

A: it is structurally damaged from water flowing into the steel in the concrete super structure, just watch the rain leak into the stadium on any rainy game.
    B: improved concepts in seating and suites since the year 1972
    C: will be able to sell more suites.
    D: will have better TV shots.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Athletic Master Plan - Football facility upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I've read the master plan.. my question is about dates. Obviously the south end zone is the only thing getting done this offseason. Is everything else planned for next year or will it be stretched out over several years?
    I think it was said earlier that they plan on starting the Athletic Performance Center right after the end zone work is completed and is expected to be finished by the summer of 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    My memory, and it is not worth watching again, is everything was pretty much set except what to do with the upper deck, remodel vs rebuild.

I would vote to rebuild because:

A: it is structurally damaged from water flowing into the steel in the concrete super structure, just watch the rain leak into the stadium on any rainy game.
    B: improved concepts in seating and suites since the year 1972
    C: will be able to sell more suites.
    D: will have better TV shots.
    +1

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The 75,000 sqft IPF should break ground this weak or next!

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    The 75,000 sqft IPF should break ground this weak or next!
    ---I think that it is the Athletics Performance Center (APC)!!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I'm sure it will take some time to raise that kind of money for the upper deck rebuild. I don't know where they hope to get that money from. If we get started on the upper deck next year I'm changing my Scott Farmer vote to an 11.
    Maybe if T-joe got off of his SSS, stopped being scared of ruffling a few feathers and hired a dedicated fund raising guru, we wouldn't be worrying so much. If phase 2 does not go off as scheduled, it will fall at the feet of 1 person.

Z

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Maybe if T-joe got off of his SSS, stopped being scared of ruffling a few feathers and hired a dedicated fund raising guru, we wouldn't be worrying so much. If phase 2 does not go off as scheduled, it will fall at the feet of 1 person.

Z
    But Z, we (along with hundreds of other universities, hospitals, charitable organizations, etc.) have Pursuant! I am sure they have their top summer intern devoting tens of hours over the summer working on our fundraising job. I'm sure a new PowerPoint presentation is on the horizon (school starts back up for the interns in late August).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7