Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sports Loyalties?

Default Sports Loyalties?

Well it looks like the Saints are going to be the Aint's this year. I'm really not bothered by their demise that much. I would rather the Cajuns have an outstanding year and go bowling again. So I guess I'm a Cajun fan first and a Saints fan second. I'm Red Wings and Black Hawk fan in hockey. Which ever of the two are doing good I pull for them. My question is would you rather see the Saints in the Super Bowl or the Cajuns in another bowl game?

Default Re: Sports Loyalties?

I couldn't care less if the Saints went 16-0 or 0-16, so thats an easy question. I root for them to win, but they are not "my team", so if they lose, I'm not bothered in the least. I LOVE a Cajuns win, and am completely depressed over a Cajuns loss, and will travel to any Cajun bowl game they play in!

That depends on the bowl game...are we talking New Orleans Bowl again? While it would be great, it would be tough to be better than the Saints playing in the Super Bowl IN New Orleans. We'd have to be talking a borderline BCS game for UL to top that. That said, my weekend loyalties are UL first, Saints second. It's just that the Super Bowl being in New Orleans and being the first team to host one would be so historical (especially considering the unprecedented situation the Saints are in this year) that it makes it almost impossible for UL to surpass that possibility, at least this season.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No contest. I am a Cajuns fan first. Pro football is way down the list for me. Hardly watch it.

the only nfl team i ever watch is the saints and the only college game i ever watch is the cajuns, i have no interest in any others

but if i could press a button and the saints lose every game they play and the cajuns win every game they play id press it every season

Blog Entries

Cajuns bowl. Could care less what the Saints do. Ever since they wouldn't give Jake a shot and stuck with Brooks I never cared for them. Hope the die hards held on to their paper bag masks. They will need them again before the season is over.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Cajuns by a wide margin. I've been a Saints fan from the start, but they do not compare in terms of my attachment to UL.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Well it looks like the Saints are going to be the Aint's this year. I'm really not bothered by their demise that much. I would rather the Cajuns have an outstanding year and go bowling again. So I guess I'm a Cajun fan first and a Saints fan second. I'm Red Wings and Black Hawk fan in hockey. Which ever of the two are doing good I pull for them. My question is would you rather see the Saints in the Super Bowl or the Cajuns in another bowl game?
    Is Tod Bouman the starting QB? if not then don't complain. The saints are still better then they were back then. With that said, I would take success from the Cajuns over success from the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Cajuns bowl. Could care less what the Saints do. Ever since they wouldn't give Jake a shot and stuck with Brooks I never cared for them. Hope the die hards held on to their paper bag masks. They will need them again before the season is over.
    I couldn't agree more. I've been following the Panthers ever since. I know Jake isn't there anymore, but Carolina gave him a shot when it was clear that the saints refused to, and they showed loyalty to them by giving him a huge contract. Things didn't work out, but Jake is generally still loved by Carolina fans.

With that said, I would take a 6-6 record and a trip to a bowl game, over a 19-0 record including a superbowl victory for the Panthers.

No MLB fans on here? I could careless if the league disappeared but I know many that live and breath baseball. Any other hockey fans?

Pittsburgh Pens are my NHL team. Every year for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I go all out even growing my own playoff beard. If they get knocked out, it gets shaved and I'll root for whoever knocked them out. Unless it's the Flyers, because they can go to hell

Seattle Seahawks fan since 1987, University of Michigan Football fan since 1990, Texas Rangers fan since 1992, Manchester United fan since 1996...but above all that I am a Cajun, I was born here and it's my alma mater. Cajuns Bowl game over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Pittsburgh Pens are my NHL team. Every year for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I go all out even growing my own playoff beard. If they get knocked out, it gets shaved and I'll root for whoever knocked them out. Unless it's the Flyers, because they can go to hell
    I used to be in to Hockey a long time ago, when the Colorado Avalanche were good. Lemeiux still owns the Pens?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No contest. I am a Cajuns fan first. Pro football is way down the list for me. Hardly watch it.
    Agreed.

In fact, my list of preferred sports to watch on TV is as follows:

1) Cajuns on TV in any sport trumps all

2) Almost any college football game

3) Horse Racing

4) Cycling, particularly the Grand Tours of Europe and America.

5) Premier League Soccer

6) Track and Field, particularly the Diamond League meets of Europe.

7) Rugby

I have almost no desire to watch the NFL, NBA or MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed.

3) Horse Racing

5) Premier League Soccer

7) Rugby

Dude, how can you leave out parking garage bobsledding?!....oh, wait....

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    No MLB fans on here? I could careless if the league disappeared but I know many that live and breath baseball. Any other hockey fans?
    NCAA: Cajuns ( formerly UCF)
    MLB: Braves
    NBA: Magic (screw Howard)
    NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning/ Calgary Flames
    ML Hockey: IceGators (SPHL) and Orlando Solar Bears (IHL and ECHL)
    Arena Football: Orlando Predators

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    Dude, how can you leave out parking garage bobsledding?!....oh, wait....
    'Cause it wasn't televised.

Dude, Pi avatar? nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed.

3) Horse Racing

5) Premier League Soccer

7) Rugby

Thanfully technology gives us more EPL than ever before. The ending to last season was better than anything I have ever seen in any other sport. The only problem is... Manchester City pulled it out. Was hoping for them to lose to give the title to the Red Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Thanfully technology gives us more EPL than ever before. The ending to last season was better than anything I have ever seen in any other sport. The only problem is... Manchester City pulled it out. Was hoping for them to lose to give the title to the Red Devils.
    Yeah, City had a special year, sorta like we did last season. It was just their time.

I'm a Man U fan as well, but I enjoy the entire league. And, you're right about technology. Fox Sports is really stepping up to the plate for the EPL and soccer in general.

The Premier League is awesome for several reasons, but one reason stands out.

-The format is perfect. The idea of relegation and promotion from the Premier League to the Champions League and vice versa is genius. Just think if college football were run this way. Boise would be in the PAC-12, Washington State would be in the MWC. etc. etc.

Lafayette High
    UL
    Saints

It's the progression of life.

If you're from Lafayette, don't see how it can be any other way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast