Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: ULM vs. #8 ARKANSAS

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ULM vs. #8 ARKANSAS

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    glad i could help you achieve something internet related boomer, but not to rain on your parade but i more or less meant do they have a forum like our wonderful home here at ragin pagin, not part of some larger site
    Boomer's just describing how to get to it. Their forum is on the Scout network. Their version of Cajun Red Zone

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

For those of you seeking meaning to ULM's victory, consider.

The biggest factor in ULM's win was Wilson going down. Arkansas was clueless on offense thereafter.

Secondly, This may be the best ULM team since their 1-AA National Championship.

Over their last 9 games, ULM is 9 points away from being 7-2.

Included in that is a 38-10 beatdown of Troy at Troy, a 42-14 win over MT, a 26-0 shutout of FAU, and a 34-31 win at Arkansas.

Barring major injuries, the SBC championship will be decided in Monroe when the Cajuns go up there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

The biggest factor in ULM's win was Wilson going down. Arkansas was clueless on offense thereafter.

Included in that is a 38-10 beatdown of Troy at Troy, a 42-14 win over MT, a 26-0 shutout of FAU, and a 34-31 win at Arkansas.

Barring major injuries, the SBC championship will be decided in Monroe when the Cajuns go up there.
    I don't think ULM has the coaching staff to be a deciding factor in the SBC. ULM has always had enough talent to win the SBC...all SBC teams have enough talent to win the SBC. You can only blame injuries for so much of your woes before you have to point the finger elsewhere. Good coaches put their players in a position to win regardless of who gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I'm not saying they didn't accomplish something amazing. I'm just saying it is a little premature to call it the greatest win in the history of Sunbelt football. Further, we all pull for the same team on this board, so try to be a little less of a jackass in your response.
    This win was premature compared to what? They beat the #8 team in the country, no one else in the SBC has done anything like this EVER. It doesn't matter if Arkansas loses the rest of their games it still doesn't discount the fact that they were #8 in the country and got beat by ULM. You can't say it's "premature" in anticipation of something greater being done down the road. If that's the case no win should ever be celebrated because something bigger down the road is sure to trump it.

It was a great win for their University, their kids, their students and the SBC. The same people who complain about our weak conference and talk about better programs turnaround and knock those that do something good to aid in that effort.

Default Re: ULM in OVERTIME vs. #8 ARKANSAS

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Absolutely. Especially if it puts them on a downward spiral leading into conference play. I would have more reason to pull for them in a bowl game over a random OOC game. In a bowl game, they are undoubtedly playing against teams for which they would be more equally compared to and for which our conference would be compared to. At that point, it doesn't look like just a random win but a sign that we are on par or better than the conferences for which we are directly compared to like the MAC and even CUSA. A win in a bowl game does much more than a random win over a BCS team, especially if ULM goes 6-6 this year

Let me ask you this. What would have done UL more good last year? A win over Oklahoma State who was highly ranked but finishing our season out at 6-6 and no bowl birth OR the dramatic NO bowl victory we had over a San Diego State on National TV? I think the answer to that is pretty obvious as our program has gotten much more out of that victory than any BCS victory we've had in the past. Just ask ULM how it helped them when they beat Alabama. You say that Alabama wasn't ranked that high when they did it BUT it was Alabama which puts things pretty much on par for me when you consider that Arkansas may not even be ranked when this year is over.

Like I've said all along, wait until the year plays out. If Arkansas goes 7-5 and is unranked at the end of the year (which is a decent possibility), would the ULM victory be as impressive since it would be obvious that Arkansas was not as good as their ranking indicated?
    They beat the #8 team in the country, why is that so hard to accept and move on? I don't care how many games Arkansas loses going forward, it's a fricking W! It's like shooting deer, you can't eat the horns so a deer down is a deer down.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    glad i could help you achieve something internet related boomer, but not to rain on your parade but i more or less meant do they have a forum like our wonderful home here at ragin pagin, not part of some larger site

Wait --you mean something like the RAGIN PAGIN---I doubt it but I too would like to know!!! ---there is a CUSA and SUNBELT that I get on and there one finds various conference participants as does the CUSA board!!! Be careful or Jay might critique your post and decide whether you should be able to post there!!!

Congratulations to ULM, Very Nice Win for the Sun Belt !

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Then we should probably pull out the black helmets for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Wait --you mean something like the RAGIN PAGIN---I doubt it but I too would like to know!!! ---there is a CUSA and SUNBELT that I get on and there one finds various conference participants as does the CUSA board!!! Be careful or Jay might critique your post and decide whether you should be able to post there!!!

well having attended monroe before coming to my senses and coming home i think i can reasonably post on theirs too

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    This win was premature compared to what? They beat the #8 team in the country, no one else in the SBC has done anything like this EVER. It doesn't matter if Arkansas loses the rest of their games it still doesn't discount the fact that they were #8 in the country and got beat by ULM. You can't say it's "premature" in anticipation of something greater being done down the road. If that's the case no win should ever be celebrated because something bigger down the road is sure to trump it.

It was a great win for their University, their kids, their students and the SBC. The same people who complain about our weak conference and talk about better programs turnaround and knock those that do something good to aid in that effort.
    Agree.

I remember a couple of years ago everyone had Ole Miss circled on our schedule. It was a weak SEC opponent and everyone wanted to beat them for that reason only.

It doesn't matter one bit if Arkansas sucks the rest of the season. They did something we all dream of doing every time an SEC team is on our schedule, no matter which school it is.

u tell em kenny powers

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Agree.

I remember a couple of years ago everyone had Ole Miss circled on our schedule. It was a weak SEC opponent and everyone wanted to beat them for that reason only.

It doesn't matter one bit if Arkansas sucks the rest of the season. They did something we all dream of doing every time an SEC team is on our schedule, no matter which school it is.

You got to see this video of Hitler's reaction to ULM beating Arkansas.

http://meemsy.com/v/3524

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8