Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Red Zone

Default Ragin' Cajuns Red Zone

So where is this located on E.Lewis st.? Anyone been there?... Product selection?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Red Zone

Not open yet. Sometime later this month is what I was told. The bookstore is moving here during renovations.

Is it the building in the shell parking lot where the credit union was?.....thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Is it the building in the shell parking lot where the credit union was?.....thanks..
    Yes.

I stopped by the bookstore today, they said they were expecting to move on Friday, but no one has told them anything. The guy i spoke to also said they thought they were going to pack up this week, but they have not started packing anything. They also don't have ____ for gear.

Blog Entries

A friend of mine came to the game with us Saturday. He has moved to BR since we graduated. He was complaining about how lame the online store is. I know this has been discussed before but I did not realize how bad it was. He said you actually have to print out an order form and mail it in. You still cannot enter your info and order online. That is very outdated stuff!

While the bookstore still has the best options for UL gear, I still think they do a poor job. The employees act like you're inconveniencing them if you have any questions. They never keep the hot items in stock and are constantly "waiting on a shipment". There's no sense of urgency or entrepreneurial spirit in how they sell their product. Now I understand sometimes they're at the mercy of their suppliers, but it seems to happen often regardless of the brand. And of course, the online store is atrocious.

Maybe coach Hud should be acting manager for a few weeks? Or Whitt??

keep in mind, they have had 19k students in there buying books and gear for 3 weeks now, im sure as fast as they put it on the shelf its gone. when i went i actually was lucky enough to grab some shirts a guy was just putting on the rack. every line had about 10 people waiting to check out. overall im sure they could do better but i bet our demand for gear is higher than its ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    keep in mind, they have had 19k students in there buying books and gear for 3 weeks now, im sure as fast as they put it on the shelf its gone. when i went i actually was lucky enough to grab some shirts a guy was just putting on the rack. every line had about 10 people waiting to check out. overall im sure they could do better but i bet our demand for gear is higher than its ever been.
    That's why we also need a separate UL co-op store at the athletic complex selling ONLY UL gear. Glad to see enrollment is up by 2,000 this semester.

Darn, so 19,000 is the actual fall semester enrollment?...

i just threw that number out, dont quote me on it. i meant the book store has been slammed with students buying books and gear. i was lucky enough to be there when they were putting things on the rack, otherwise i probably wouldnt have found my size or the shirts that i did find.

Know what 'ya mean..bet the bookstore is in shambles with the upcoming move...

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Know what 'ya mean..bet the bookstore is in shambles with the upcoming move...
    it was pretty crazy in there, almost turned around but it took me long enough to park, i figured i would wait out the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    A friend of mine came to the game with us Saturday. He has moved to BR since we graduated. He was complaining about how lame the online store is. I know this has been discussed before but I did not realize how bad it was. He said you actually have to print out an order form and mail it in. You still cannot enter your info and order online. That is very outdated stuff!
    Agree with you...online is HORRIBLE!! The bookstore has some nice stuff, but you'd be surprised what you can find at Academy and also Wal-Mart!