Thread: Hypothetical RCAF/Parking Pass Question

Default Hypothetical RCAF/Parking Pass Question

Lets say you have joined the RCAF and fully support the program. You have two parking passes and are proud to support the university in every way. You have garnered support from all friends except one. He feels this is an absolute terrible idea and while he maintains season tickets.. he refuses to donate a nickel to the RCAF. Now he has a wife and two small children and plans to attend every home game.

Do you out of generosity and wanting to be the very best person and friend you can be, give him one of your passes? Or do you keep it?

Default Re: Hypothetical RCAF/Parking Pass Question

Keep the pass and offer him a ride

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Keep the pass.

Keep the pass, first time has has to make the walk carrying the family and all the crap with it, rcaf will get a new $250 donor

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Keep the pass and offer him a ride
    +1. I have friends we are giving my extra pass to. They committed to reserved seating this year and will join the RCAF next year.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Let him taste the wine for one game ---For $250 he can get 5 games that are left parking!!! Also he gets the B-ball and other perks!!! "Daddy Daddy---why can't we park closer like the first game???" Wife says, "Because he is a cheap _______!!!" Well who knows???

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Lets say you have joined the RCAF and fully support the program. You have two parking passes and are proud to support the university in every way. You have garnered support from all friends except one. He feels this is an absolute terrible idea and while he maintains season tickets.. he refuses to donate a nickel to the RCAF. Now he has a wife and two small children and plans to attend every home game.

Do you out of generosity and wanting to be the very best person and friend you can be, give him one of your passes? Or do you keep it?
    He feels what is a terrible Idea, to contribute to the RCAF and receive the perks that come with it?.. That's just stupid... I can't make all of the games and I give my pass to a coworker who is a die hard fan and would like to contribute but just can't afford to right now. Now, If this person was not supportive in anyway 'other than financially' they would not get my pass... just saying..

Keep the pass!

Keep it. Especially if he asked for it.

You work hard and pay for a "benefit" and he gets same "benefit" for free?? No thanks...

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Hypothetical RCAF/Parking Pass Question

nm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    nm
    The beauty of it is there is no right or wrong answer.... no reason to worry.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well, if he's your friend, you shouldn't treat him like he has the clap.

Make him walk a game, then give him the pass. Let him see the difference. Then ask his wife which parking place SHE liked better.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I was thinking of using the wife also. In my approach...keep the pass...then have YOUR wife mention to HIS wife how hot and humid it was and thank God y'all didn't have to walk far in that!

:-)

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

First, put on your best "I know the ladies want me" clothes, and go visit him this Friday night. Have the parking pass in your hand, and strut around in front of his wife, dangling that parking pass. She'll lose it and start moaning about wanting that man with the parking pass. Your buddy will see how that pass is his path to a richer sex life. When he comes to you begging for that valuable pass, make him pay you for it, and donate the money through your RCAF membership. You win, he wins, UL wins, and his wife now has a man with a parking pass and a permanent smile on his face.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Hypothetical RCAF/Parking Pass Question

The beauty of it is there is no right or wrong answer.... no reason to worry.
    I believe in my original post totally, but decided it is your choice and even though you asked for input, I felt it was not my business.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I believe in my original post totally, but decided it is your choice and even though you asked for input, I felt it was not my business.
    completely understand...

me personally there are two ways to work it. 1. Can't afford it. 2. Won't under any circumstances. If you fall under #1 I'm here to help you in any way possible. If you fall under #2.. yeah we friends.. let me know how the walk is.

But hey.. to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    First, put on your best "I know the ladies want me" clothes, and go visit him this Friday night. Have the parking pass in your hand, and strut around in front of his wife, dangling that parking pass. She'll lose it and start moaning about wanting that man with the parking pass. Your buddy will see how that pass is his path to a richer sex life. When he comes to you begging for that valuable pass, make him pay you for it, and donate the money through your RCAF membership. You win, he wins, UL wins, and his wife now has a man with a parking pass and a permanent smile on his face.
    You MUST STILL HAVE power on to be able to think of that...

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    You MUST STILL HAVE power on to be able to think of that...
    Some would say I must write blindfolded to spout out what I write on RP. Hehe Sorry to hear you're stuck at work with your family at home without power. I never lost power. If there's anything I can help with, let me know.