_ _ _ _

Thread: ATTN: Out-of-town Cajuns and Visitors

Default ATTN: Out-of-town Cajuns and Visitors

Hilton Garden - Cajundome
    I actually stayed there for the EMU game and wanted to post a review of sorts for out-of-towners. I highly recommend it. Rooms were nice. Internet was free. Lobby and staff are great. Hot tub. Indoor pool. Gym. $79 was my rate. We booked at $99 but talked them into a lower rate. According to Alumni mailouts, there is supposed to be an alumni discount. The host was unaware, but gave us some other discount, probably government.

The hotel was not booked to capacity, even with the UL football team staying there. The boys were everywhere you turned, listening to headphones and studying their reads. They were quiet as mice at bedtime. I got a wake up call around 7:30 from the room next door: "WHOOOOO!!! LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!" My wife said, "you're lovin' this, aren't you?" I said, "Yup. It's gameday." :-)

There are great views of the stadium from the rooms facing Congress. There is view of the LITE center, which looks really cool at night, from the rear facing rooms.

Being able to park there and walk to the game is incredibly convenient. We went over to the alumni tailgate around 1pm, ate some good grub, did a little shopping and then returned to the hotel for awhile. If you have little ones or a spouse that are not as gung ho as you are, the hotel is a haven. My crew left in the 4th quarter to hit the pool and watch a movie, but didn't drag me with them.

The only negative is the $9 cost for breakfast. The breakfast was good, but I'm just not accustomed to dropping $27 plus tip on breakfast for three on top of room rates and game tickets.

In summary, this is now my official gameday hotel. Sorry, Pinhook LaQuinta. You are a worthy competitor, but you lose on location. Book a room here for your gameday and you will have nothing left to figure out except tickets to the game. Out-of-town Cajuns and visiting fans should do the same.

Default Re: ATTN: Out-of-town Cajuns and Visitors

This just in: We booked another room for the A State game. Apparently you can book "breakfast for two" for $12 and save a few bucks off the regular rate. I'm still a big fan of "free" though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    This just in: We booked another room for the A State game. Apparently you can book "breakfast for two" for $12 and save a few bucks off the regular rate. I'm still a big fan of "free" though. :-)
    If you order the omelet and such, then it is quite pricey. But I think, and it was during the week when I ate there, could be different on weekends, but the muffins, bagels, cereal, etc. are complimentary. Nonetheless, that omelet kicked ___.

Blog Entries

In summary, this is now my official gameday hotel. Sorry, Pinhook LaQuinta. You are a worthy competitor, but you lose on location. Book a room here for your gameday and you will have nothing left to figure out except tickets to the game. Out-of-town Cajuns and visiting fans should do the same.
    Thanks for the good information. I live 25 miles from Lafayette but the wife and I might have to stay there on game day on an up comming game. However. I will have to trade off on taking her to a movie after the game.
    Thanks again.

Hilton Garden - Cajundome
    I actually stayed there for the EMU game and wanted to post a review of sorts for out-of-towners. I highly recommend it. Rooms were nice. Internet was free. Lobby and staff are great. Hot tub. Indoor pool. Gym. $79 was my rate. We booked at $99 but talked them into a lower rate. According to Alumni mailouts, there is supposed to be an alumni discount. The host was unaware, but gave us some other discount, probably government.

The hotel was not booked to capacity, even with the UL football team staying there. The boys were everywhere you turned, listening to headphones and studying their reads. They were quiet as mice at bedtime. I got a wake up call around 7:30 from the room next door: "WHOOOOO!!! LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!" My wife said, "you're lovin' this, aren't you?" I said, "Yup. It's gameday." :-)

There are great views of the stadium from the rooms facing Congress. There is view of the LITE center, which looks really cool at night, from the rear facing rooms.

Being able to park there and walk to the game is incredibly convenient. We went over to the alumni tailgate around 1pm, ate some good grub, did a little shopping and then returned to the hotel for awhile. If you have little ones or a spouse that are not as gung ho as you are, the hotel is a haven. My crew left in the 4th quarter to hit the pool and watch a movie, but didn't drag me with them.

The only negative is the $9 cost for breakfast. The breakfast was good, but I'm just not accustomed to dropping $27 plus tip on breakfast for three on top of room rates and game tickets.

My job requires full time travel. $9.00 for a full breakfast in a Hilton/Marriott owned property is pretty darn good. Some lessor properties such as Hilton owned Hampton Inn's and Marriott's Residence Inn's will have decent complimentary breaksfasts and evening snacks. Courtyards used to but most now have small restaurant areas and charge for breakfast.

Thanks for the report though, I will definitely consider spending the night in Lafayette at the Hilton Garden instead of driving back on Sat. night. That way I can get up late on Sunday and go have a Gold Brick Sundae at Borden's Ice Cream on Johnston St.(to die for)

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Join Hilton Honors Program (free) and stay at Hilton family hotels. After you build up a few points, you get free breakfasts (and other things) at a number of their hotels. Other hotel groups have similar programs. My time in sales results in some good benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    Join Hilton Honors Program (free) and stay at Hilton family hotels. After you build up a few points, you get free breakfasts (and other things) at a number of their hotels. Other hotel groups have similar programs. My time in sales results in some good benefits.
    Yep, hotel points/airline miles and Am Ex points have paid for my vacations twice a year for 18 years. Once in a while I pay for rental car but a couple of hundred dollars is a small price for some of the vacations I've taken with those perks.