Thread: I'm proud to support the Cajuns.

Blog Entries

Default I'm proud to support the Cajuns.

Is there room on Ragin Pagin for a guy who graduated from USL and enjoyed his time there and still loves the university. I enjoy attending games and I'm always proud to wear my Cajun gear and talk to my friends from all over the country about our beloved university. I enjoy where UL is now and I have enjoyed every step along the way. Maybe we never will win a nation championship but I'm not sure I would trade one for all of my memories of Bryan, Jake, Brandon, Des, Fenroy, Tony, Green, Lucroy, and on and on. Am I wrong for just being a fan? I don't call for coaches and administrators to be fired. I try to do my part as a fan and a graduate and I allow the people who were hired to work out the details to do their jobs. Thank you to all of the coaches players and administrators of the past and present and good luck to those of the future. We're all part of the UL experience that I love. It could be that I have a difference of opnion with some on this board as to what the role of a Cajun fan should be. If second guessing and questioning every decision is your way of supporting and enjoying UL i'll allow and even read your rants but that's not my style. I'm proud to support the Cajuns.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to avoid another Authement situation?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Is there room on Ragin Pagin for a guy who graduated from USL and enjoyed his time there and still loves the university. I enjoy attending games and I'm always proud to wear my Cajun gear and talk to my friends from all over the country about our beloved university. I enjoy where UL is now and I have enjoyed every step along the way. Maybe we never will win a nation championship but I'm not sure I would trade one for all of my memories of Bryan, Jake, Brandon, Des, Fenroy, Tony, Green, Lucroy, and on and on. Am I wrong for just being a fan? I don't call for coaches and administrators to be fired. I try to do my part as a fan and a graduate and I allow the people who were hired to work out the details to do their jobs. Thank you to all of the coaches players and administrators of the past and present and good luck to those of the future. We're all part of the UL experience that I love. It could be that I have a difference of opnion with some on this board as to what the role of a Cajun fan should be. If second guessing and questioning every decision is your way of supporting and enjoying UL i'll allow and even read your rants but that's not my style. I'm proud to support the Cajuns.
    Yes.

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to avoid another Authement situation?

Yes . . . but this deserves it's own thread.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm proud to support the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    You make a great point. But you managed to omit the Baldwin years, the end of the Stokely years, etc. etc. It is good to have those on board, who are willing to follow the school no matter how bad things are. It is better for the growth of the university to have those on board who are willing to ask tough questions when need be. While your point should be respected, please understand that inquiring of the leadership for a definite road map to success with time frames & self accountability by the leaders of the school will ensure many more days of guys like Jake, Bryan, Gauthier, Lucroy, Gabriel, & many less days of abstract failure & obscurity.

Blog Entries

Bump

Blog Entries

Great post Alum81! I support UL athletics by going to as many games as I can and donating to RCAF, but that does not make me feel entitled to decide which direction this University should head. These guys do this as a full time job. I trust they are doing what's best.

My dad has been bringing me to games since I was 5 years old, and out of the last 21 years of watching Cajun Football last season was BY FAR the most fun and exciting season ever! Let's just keep having more seasons like that and I believe everything will work out!

Geaux Cajuns!!!

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Great post Alum81! I support UL athletics by going to as many games as I can and donating to RCAF, but that does not make me feel entitled to decide which direction this University should head. These guys do this as a full time job. I trust they are doing what's best.

My dad has been bringing me to games since I was 5 years old, and out of the last 21 years of watching Cajun Football last season was BY FAR the most fun and exciting season ever! Let's just keep having more seasons like that and I believe everything will work out!

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    How do you think we got to the point of last season? do you guys think the admin would have been tried to or even been able to get Coach Hud if not for the fans who pushed the admin to change their way of thinking and helped provide themoney for RCAF? Don't kie yourself into thinking that all the changes in th epast couple of years would have just magically happened if it had not been for fans pushing. If it were not for fans pushing for changes Fan Day would still just be a cluste_____ of people milling around in the heat on the football field. If it were not for fans pushing this admin (and it took several years to get them to see the light) tailgating would still be a free first come first served event with the admin missing out on that revenue.

I love UL as well but I expect the administratiors to do the job not just collect a paycheck for 30 years while leaving us mired in mediocrity.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sit on your ssss and accept the way things are? Wrong... fortunately things will start moving along in a more rapid pace....Thanks to how vocal fans have been this past week.

Lead, follow or get out of the f*****ng way.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Sit on your ssss and accept the way things are. Wrong... fortunately things will start moving along in a more rapid pace....Thanks to how vocal fans have been this past week.

Now I wasnt taking a shot at anyone...dont fret...

Z

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: I'm proud to support the Cajuns.

NM

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Sit on your ssss and accept the way things are? Wrong... fortunately things will start moving along in a more rapid pace....Thanks to how vocal fans have been this past week.

I'm still pretty hostile, personally, at how some people have simply credited certain improvements to arbitrary decisions by our administration. It's like people are living in caves again and have no idea how the world works. They believe government and leadership are not constantly decision-shaped by pressure? So, so wrong. Actions and verbal demands by involved fans are 90% of the increase in athletic activity at UL. If anyone believes otherwise, they're living in a vacuum.

In many ways, but of course it would screw up the mission, a number of fans don't deserve the rewards of the improved outcomes, when they happen. It's like some disconnected fan happening to attend the NO Bowl, after having been out of touch for 20 years, and then when he hears us gripe about the admin and he says, "Why are you griping, UL won didn't they?". Bonehead. Not because UL did anything on their own. They were supported and subsequently pressured into stepping it up. And only then did they do it. And now, if we don't want this bus to coast to an unflattering stop, the active, vocal people are going to have to bust them in the ___ all over again.

i wouldn't think so. Im a fan, grew up in the area, went there a little while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    #1. a number of fans don't deserve the rewards of the improved outcomes, when they happen. It's like some disconnected fan happening to attend the NO Bowl, after having been out of touch for 20 years, and then when he hears us gripe about the admin and he says, "Why are you griping, UL won didn't they?". Bonehead.
    A real fan who graduated 30+ years ago and has seen all of the players listed in the OP comes on here and makes a positive post in the midst of all of this bit#?!* and complaining and this is your response?!? He didnt deserve to enjoy the N.O. Bowl? What kind of crap is that?!? Get over yourself! Your way is not the only way to be a diehard cajun fan and even though you have how many thousand posts on RP does not make you the biggest fan ever. It actually says something else about your social skills but I am not going to stoop to your level of attacking someone because of the way they live their lives, or support their university!

It was actually refreshing to hear something positive on this board for a change because honestly the last two weeks RaginPagin has been nearly unbearable to read because people like you won't stop whining like children that UL didn't get into CUSA (which is a crappy conference anyway!).

Alum81 thank you for trying to be positive during these less than bright days for our beloved university. Some people on here do appreciate it and no matter what j1m says you and every other cajun fan deserved to have the time of their lives on Dec 17th 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    A real fan who graduated 30+ years ago and has seen all of the players listed in the OP comes on here and makes a positive post in the midst of all of this bit#?!* and complaining and this is your response?!? He didnt deserve to enjoy the N.O. Bowl? What kind of crap is that?!? Get over yourself! Your way is not the only way to be a diehard cajun fan and even though you have how many thousand posts on RP does not make you the biggest fan ever. It actually says something else about your social skills but I am not going to stoop to your level of attacking someone because of the way they live their lives, or support their university!

It was actually refreshing to hear something positive on this board for a change because honestly the last two weeks RaginPagin has been nearly unbearable to read because people like you won't stop whining like children that UL didn't get into CUSA (which is a crappy conference anyway!).

Alum81 thank you for trying to be positive during these less than bright days for our beloved university. Some people on here do appreciate it and no matter what j1m says you and every other cajun fan deserved to have the time of their lives on Dec 17th 2011!!!
    Here here...more alums need to come back to UL...we should not be chastising these people...we should be thanking them. I wish there were more like alum81.