Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: UL explored options also

Default Re: UL explored options also

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    FWIW I think they actually claim both media markets because they get covered in both markets.

It doesn't make a lick of sense to me how Ruston, LA can be a more valuable market than Lafayette. It seems like if they get to claim Shreveport and Monroe we should be able to claim Lake Charles, and Baton Rouge. But no one asked me.
    Whatever their market is, they'll now be in CUSA with along with Tulane. That means UL will never again have a shot at CUSA. I don't think most people associated with UL understood just how much was at stake in this round of realignment. It was now or never for Tech, and they knew it. They pulled out all stops and somehow pulled it off. We did nothing to promote ourselves and now we'll spend the next decade playing catch up to them.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cajun View Post
    It was sent to them well over a year ago when the rumblings in Ruston regarding CUSA were first starting to come to the surface and before Hud ever coached a game.

I know everything on here is skeptical. Its a message board and we can all have our "sources." But I know what I know bc I was involved first hand. Not trying to say we didn't do our due diligence, but we put together a presentation. I, and others, helped gather the info for that presentation. What the admin took from that info and decide to use and how they presented it is beyond my knowledge.

All I know is that we showed ourselves in a much better light than Tech.

CUSA opted for the latter.
    I can just about guarantee one thing our presentation did not include was a commitment to quickly get to a 20 million dollar athletic budget. After all, we don't have a sugar daddy who can back up that commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    as an intermission to this movie ...

Josh, no sleep.. Tee-Hee, did you ever?
    And yea right, you the 1st parent this has happened to.. (betting you can close your eyes and see me smiling) hug Olivia for me..

Ps. I apologize for no memory all the time, though I guessing, I certainly recall, after he 1st got here (year? I no help here) .. in mr farmers 1st time on afternoon radio continued to say, we are formulating a plan.. It struck me only because, "mais huh?" we don't already have a plan?

Pss. Now back to the movie..
    Oh, Bil. (grins) Sleep is a friend I've rarely seen since early in college! Parenthood has certainly been a challenge - and I know we're hardly special in enduring this new task - but we love having the little one at home despite the tough times and stressful moments. Olivia is beautiful, full of joy (her middle name) and a tremendous blessing. I'll hug her for you today. I think of you often, appreciate your friendship and hope you are well, my friend!

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I can just about guarantee one thing our presentation did not include was a commitment to quickly get to a 20 million dollar athletic budget. After all, we don't have a sugar daddy who can back up that commitment.
    But how seriously have we tried to cultivate new, big money donors for athletics? I would hope the top RCAF guys would be trying but so far when we talk of the top donors it's still the same few names that we hear.

Man--can I get some of that stuff?---

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cajun View Post
    It was sent to them well over a year ago when the rumblings in Ruston regarding CUSA were first starting to come to the surface and before Hud ever coached a game.

I know everything on here is skeptical. Its a message board and we can all have our "sources." But I know what I know bc I was involved first hand. Not trying to say we didn't do our due diligence, but we put together a presentation. I, and others, helped gather the info for that presentation. What the admin took from that info and decide to use and how they presented it is beyond my knowledge.

All I know is that we showed ourselves in a much better light than Tech.

CUSA opted for the latter.
    I only have two questions concerning this post. One is how do you know what light Tech presented their case in compared to the light UL presented it's case if you never saw the plan presented? & two, did the AD & president invite the comissioner & representatives from CUSA to the campus to look at the facilities & inquire of the conference what the requirements were to affiliate themselves with the conference. I am not all that intrigued about the CUSA myself, but when someone makes a declaration that they made a major effort for acceptance then decided against it, it's nice to know you're being leveled with.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7