Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Looking at things all wrong.

Default Re: Looking at things all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Only after much stroking, crying, begging, and hoping CUSA is impressed by Terry Bradshaw and a broke ___ Independence Bowl. Tech was a pity ____ by CUSA. Your team is a pity ____. Can I say that again...La Tech is a pity ____.

lol! say it all you like

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Which is why I still favor a coaches tour (all sports) every year.
    Are we doing one?

Which cities are we hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Wing-over View Post
    lol! say it all you like
    It's going to really suck when the Big East raids CUSA again and you are in the Sun Belt with a different name. All for a pity ____...

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Are we doing one?

Is this a coaches tour or like a Viking pillaging tour...if it's the latter...Lake Charles, Ruston, and Baton Rouge should be on our list. Burn them to the ground...

Become a win your conference consistantly in your face program (like Boise State) and being ignored will no longer be an option. Win and they shall come. Not going to happen over night as much as some would like it to. Dominate the conference...prove yourself a winner....then change will come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Are we doing one?

I have not heard.

My "fear" is they will repeat the Bustle mistake. . . one-n-done for his career.

So much to be gained by doing an annual coaches tour.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Is this a coaches tour or like a Viking pillaging tour...if it's the latter...Lake Charles, Ruston, and Baton Rouge should be on our list. Burn them to the ground...
    You see, that would be stealing a page from the LSU playbook.

Research LSU: Pineville Campus and First President. . . Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Making fun of Tech for getting exactly what we wanted does nothing to solve our problems. They took steps necessary over the last decade to better themselves and got into conference USA. We will have to babysit as many as 5 FCS programs over the next 5 years.
    Get a grip! Forget about CUSA. As has been stated on a number of occasions, this new CUSA is nothing like the CUSA of old. Sure, UL has a few issues that we need to address, just like all non-BCS & even some BCS schools do. But UL does not currently have any BIG problems. We have many of the pieces of the puzzle on the table, we just need to put them together. We are currently on the verge of the best times in UL history! This will happen whether we are in the Sun Belt, CUSA or any other conference.
    The glass is half full, not half empty here at UL!!!!!

ummmm schools will defect from the Big 12 too. Texas A&M.....

After all this jumping to different conferences is done the NCAA will probably be left with regional conferences like the SEC was until now. So don't be surprised if you see the Southwest conference come back with teams from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona & Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    Become a win your conference consistantly in your face program (like Boise State) and being ignored will no longer be an option. Win and they shall come. Not going to happen over night as much as some would like it to. Dominate the conference...prove yourself a winner....then change will come.
    for starters, I agree with this logic. Unfortunately that is not the M.O. for people making the conference choices. If that was the case, UTSA (specifically) as wellas North Texas and FIU wouldn't be moving to CUSA. It simply proved again that winning is not the most important thing. Market was #1 for these 3 - - one of which has yet to play a down of FBS football! All this move did was make CUSA closer to the Sun Belt (IMO). Granted, perception won't reflect that for several years; and that is where winning comes into play!

I have not heard.

My "fear" is they will repeat the Bustle mistake. . . one-n-done for his career.

Well, I know that Bustle did at least 2 of these. I saw him on both - after his first year, saw him in Metairie; prior to his last year, saw him in New Iberia. I don't think they did any others (but I could be wrong). And I agree that was a big mistake!

I have not heard.

Have you expressed your concerns to Mr. Farmer directly?

You see, that would be stealing a page from the LSU playbook.

Research LSU: Pineville Campus and First President. . . Atlanta.
    Good for the goose...good for the gander...

If we put together great teams, absolutely embarass all of our conference opponents and consistently beat GOOD OOC opponents we will get respect. We had a great year but had to pull a freaking rabbit out of the hat to beat ULM, that doesn't impress anyone. Boise did the above and then started calling everyone outwith a "anywhere, anytime" campaign. They talked the talk and then walked the walk. 60% of the time it works all of the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3