Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow! What a smashing success!

Default Re: Wow! What a smashing success!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunatc View Post
    the UL KPA student club sponsored and ran the silent auction...we had a minor communication issue with the sound system reaching all the way to the bacl but we adapted, improvised, and overcame. I cannot wait to report the economic impact of our silent auction with you guys. The support was amazing and all Cajun fans should be very proud to call ourselves family.
    You guys and gals did a tremendous job ... the silent auction items were first class as well!

Thank you.

If Mr Fisher won it, it could not have gone to a better person, my wife and I had the pleasure of talking with him at the Hyatt before the New Orleans Bowl......
    We were in a conversation with Him and Charlie Fox, was in total UL heaven!
    tailgating spot 412

jason

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nice guy, I got to meet him at the Alvin Dark event a few years ago.

He lettered in track and football for UL in the late 40's.
    Well since he's a doctor, any chance that $10,000 comes back to the RCAF? That would be great.

Anybody got an attendance number? The dollar amount raised sounds awesome!

Btw, since I didn't make the event or get a ticket, I'm about to give what I would've given for a ticket ($150) to the RCAF. I'm challenging anyone else who didn't make this event or buy a ticket for non-monetary reasons to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Well since he's a doctor, any chance that $10,000 comes back to the RCAF? That would be great.

Anybody got an attendance number? The dollar amount raised sounds awesome!

Btw, since I didn't make the event or get a ticket, I'm about to give what I would've given for a ticket ($150) to the RCAF. I'm challenging anyone else who didn't make this event or buy a ticket for non-monetary reasons to do the same.
    Doctor??? I believe that, to set the record straight is, PhD, Doctor. But, nonetheless, chances are even if not better, that some $$ return to the University, if he was MD, Doctor.

Dr. Fisher is the man, if you ever have to chance to talk to him about the old days, he is living history.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by USL99Alum View Post
    Dr. Fisher is the man, if you ever have to chance to talk to him about the old days, he is living history.
    I think it was actually one of his sons. I with one of the other sons and his wife when they received a phone call. She said my brother in law just one the $10,000 at the RCAF event. I could be wrong because we were at the Festival by that time and I had been drinking.
    GEAUX Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I think it was actually one of his sons. I with one of the other sons and his wife when they received a phone call. She said my brother in law just one the $10,000 at the RCAF event. I could be wrong because we were at the Festival by that time and I had been drinking.
    GEAUX Cajuns!
    You're correct; there are two Dr. David Fishers; the younger one (son) bought the table and ticket.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    GEAUX Cajuns!
    The younger Dr. David Fisher is an Optometrist in Lafayette. He is a super guy and all of you should go do business with him. The Fisher's are huge UL supporters. You'd have a hard time meeting a nicer person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2