Thread: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming

1. Default UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming

With Conference USA and the Mountain West apparently staying as two separate leagues for the immediate future, the two conferences now must plug the holes left by respective members leaving for the Big East. C-USA looks like they're getting ...

Default Re: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming - NBC Sport

Aw ****

Default Re: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming - NBC Sport

This does not mean that La Tech gets in C-USA. To me, this is a direct sign the C-USA is recruiting market size first and foremost.

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This does not mean that La Tech gets in C-USA. To me, this is a direct sign the C-USA is recruiting market size first and foremost.
    makes sense to me. otherwise why would utsa get in before these other schools. if it's true.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming - NBC Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I do not know what will happen with regards to LTU. They do; however, make a certain sense. First of all if you research their telvision market by Nelisen they come in at 83, and are given Shreveport and parts of SW Arkansas. They have FBS football and a proud tradition. They are a tier one school. CUSA needs a 12th school to round out their plans. There is talk of UNCC being the 12th, but they are a couple of years away from FBS football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...llege_football

So I see CUSA like this:
    West UTEP, UTSA, Tulsa, Rice, UNT, TooLame, or LTU

East Marshall, ECU, FIU, UAB, USM, TooLame, or UNCC

In either case TooLame can swing West or East. Does CUSA want a real major market in UNCC and willing to wait on that championgship game for a few years, or not? That it the question? I really see few other options for CUSA with FBS teams in their footprint. I suppose they could look at Middle as a team that posseses both market and FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I do not know what will happen with regards to LTU. They do; however, make a certain sense. First of all if you research their telvision market by Nelisen they come in at 83, and are given Shreveport and parts of SW Arkansas. They have FBS football and a proud tradition. They are a tier one school. CUSA needs a 12th school to round out their plans. There is talk of UNCC being the 12th, but they are a couple of years away from FBS football.

So I see CUSA like this:

In either case TooLame can swing West or East. Does CUSA want a real major market in UNCC and willing to wait on that championgship game for a few years, or not? That it the question? I really see few other options for CUSA with FBS teams in their footprint. I suppose they could look at Middle as a team that posseses both market and FBS.
    Over on the CUSA board, they've posted a new CUSA map. Tech is located in the center of CUSA's footprint, yet not too close to New Orleans, Hattisburg, or Houston. I truly believe Lafayette's being only two hours from New Orleans, and only three from Houston, makes UL too much of a threat to Tulane and Rice. Anyway, from everything I've read, it sure looks like its a done deal to me.

Default Re: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming

Looks like if UL ever gets to a bigger conference, we'll have to leapfrog CUSA.

So I see CUSA like this:

That Wikipedia article is in error. La Tech is located in the #137 Monroe/El Dorado DMA along with ULM.

This one is accurate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l#DMA_rankings

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well it is like OBAMA

they just point out all this stuff to committees and they probably don't know the difference

-Just seems like Lafayette would be bigger in the fact it goes to LC and down to the MC area!!!! Thanks to HUD for not being afraid to call 29K plus 30K and to talk about the growth with the enthusiasm that gets people excited!!!

Blog Entries

CUSA asking UTSA to join up is like two conn artists marrying each other. They both think the other one has all the answers to their financial troubles, & neither realizes they are both living off of multiple maxed out credit cards & paying the minimum balance each month.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming - NBC Sport

Someone must have corrected the Wikepedia site. LTU was listed as having the Shreveport market for months. LSUS does not even have football to my knowledge. Interesting that they list LSUS in Shreveport but not UALR in Little Rock because neither has a football team.

So I see CUSA like this:

Who is UNCC?

Default Re: UTSA reportedly to accept C-USA invite; FIU, La Tech, UNT coming

University of North Carolina Charlotte

Someone must have corrected the Wikepedia site.
    Someone beat me to it.

Here's the Monroe/El Dorado DMA:

http://transition.fcc.gov/dtv/market..._Dorado_AR.pdf