Sorry I missed the story below, I would have liked to tell her goodbye. KXKC will never be as good as it has been, experience wise.

Renée will always be close to my heart. (I have a soft heart for compliments) She once told me I had the best radio voice in Acadiana. Yes I used to work in radio.

Lafayette’s top rated morning radio program, The Breakfast Flakes, is about to be reduced to a single flake — Scott Daniels.

Renée Revett, Daniels’ talented co-host for the past 14 years at 99.1 FM KXKC, is relocating to Houston after May 5, where her husband has landed a new job. A replacement has not been named.

Never taking themselves too seriously, the smart and informed morning show personalities often had their listeners in stitches with their lively format, which also made them popular with country music stars, a number of whom they’ve befriended over the years (Revett counts Billy Dean and Brad Paisley among her closest). “I’ve met everyone, [including] Willie Nelson and Garth Brooks. Kenny Rogers came and sat in on my show Feb. 24. On March 2, Clint Black played guitar and sang,” notes Revett, who also served as program director during her entire tenure at KXKC.

The 45-year-old says the move will allow for some much-needed R&R. “I’ve been getting up at 4:15 since 1986,” she says. Revett plans to take up golf and continue to do voice work — keeping some Lafayette clients.

The Comeaux High grad’s radio career dates back to 1977. In the near term, she’ll be returning to Lafayette regularly to plan her 22-year-old daughter’s wedding and says her heart will never be far from the Hub City. “I’ll always have a connection to Lafayette. I can’t imagine becoming a Houstonian,” she says. “I think I’m going to be a Louisianan who lives in Texas.” — Leslie Turk The rest of the story