_ _ _ _

Thread: CNNSI picks cajuns to go bowling

Default Re: CNNSI picks cajuns to go bowling

Is it just me or do you guys prefer to be under the radar? I mean I love the positive publicity and is such a nice thing to see for the first time in X # of years!

2 questions though:

Were we really jumping off of the Rickey Bustle bandwagon in droves? I know i wasnt, but I cant remember if there was a big # of jumpers. Of course there are always those negative people that are always complaing of the coach...."11-1! He should be fired, they shouldve been 12-0."

Then there is this..... "True freshman Tyrell Fenroy answered a major question at running back, becoming only the second Cajun back to rush for 1,000 yards."

I am guessing since they refer to him as a "back" they are talking about Brian Mitchell as the other "back".

Clutch0364 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    Is it just me or do you guys prefer to be under the radar? I mean I love the positive publicity and is such a nice thing to see for the first time in X # of years!

2 questions though:

Were we really jumping off of the Rickey Bustle bandwagon in droves? I know i wasnt, but I cant remember if there was a big # of jumpers. Of course there are always those negative people that are always complaing of the coach...."11-1! He should be fired, they shouldve been 12-0."

Then there is this..... "True freshman Tyrell Fenroy answered a major question at running back, becoming only the second Cajun back to rush for 1,000 yards."

I am guessing since they refer to him as a "back" they are talking about Brian Mitchell as the other "back".
    Would have to be Brian Mitchell is the only other 1000 yard rusher

2 questions though:

I dont' know if I was jumping off the bandwagon, but I was beginning to have my doubts. I actually felt a lot better after the Arkansas State loss. The FAU game was a horrible loss, and to bounce back and dominate a team on the road (the eventual bowl rep to boot) showed a lot of character in the team and coaching staff.

Were we really jumping off of the Rickey Bustle bandwagon in droves?
    Yes, we were. And for good reason too. After 3 or 4 years and a 1-5 start against what was the easiest schedule in school history, things weren't looking good. And while I for one wasn't calling for his head, I had very little confidence that he was going to have success here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    Yes, we were. And for good reason too. After 3 or 4 years and a 1-5 start against what was the easiest schedule in school history, things weren't looking good. And while I for one wasn't calling for his head, I had very little confidence that he was going to have success here.

has he beaten a team with a winning record [end of the year record; not when he beat them]? turbine must have the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel

Considering where we were when he first got here, the 4-7 records werent killing me because at least we were competitive in the games. I mean of course a loss is a loss, but at least it was entertaining to watch the game for 4 quarters and the game go back and forth only to lose by a last minute field goal.

Anyway, this is all a moot point now, and it may have just been me but I could see the progression and it was only a matter of time before they turn the corner and sure enough....the rest is history.

I will also admit, now it is all about the W's and L's. Close games arent going to cut it anymore. BUt i have faith....here is to an undefeated season!